Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total War Vanilla Mod

Default Re: Rome Total War Vanilla Mod

Quote Originally Posted by luzvimindo View Post
    Hi roy.. I just hit the marian reforms and I had an encounter with the parthian army here are some screenies (Night battle) :

Nice work bud, I've just added them to the first post.

I haven't had time to play for a while and I keep looking at the game wishing I could have just half hour on it lol. Which version are you using, 9 or 10? If its 10, is there any problems or can it be released?

luzvimindo's Avatar Libertus

I'm still using version 9 bud..I'll take a look at version 10 again.. I'm planning to do some changes also in version 9 if you don't mind..and I'll send you my work after.. mostly It's about unit and model changes and maybe some new stratmap models and buildings..If that's OK with you of course..

Cool, look forward to seeing the changes when there done. I hope to have a little more time on my hands next week so I will try out V10 then. I was playing with that version but because its been such a long time since I last got chance to play I will start again.

bro i hv a problem..i got this RTW 1.5 version..but its not Vanilla..hw can i change this to Vanilla version? can i use this mods to change it? is it compatible? is there a Pure Vanilla mod? for now my original RTW version is only compatible Darthmod..so is there a way to change this game?

Sorry bud you would need to reinstall the game, this is why I strongly suggest after installing the game to copy the game folder in the main install directory and paste it into a new folder and use this new version for mods. That way you can easily delete the modded version and paste the vanilla files and folders over to try out other mods.

I agree with you Roy..this is what I did and I really enjoyed playing a lot of mods using this method and at the same time I'm not worried because I have my original rtw data in another drive or file..

Quote Originally Posted by luzvimindo View Post
    I agree with you Roy..this is what I did and I really enjoyed playing a lot of mods using this method and at the same time I'm not worried because I have my original rtw data in another drive or file..
    Well it became habit when I was working on Age Of Pirates 2, uninstalling and reinstalling the game every time I needed a fresh install to test the latest beta mod out took forever and I figured rather than constantly deleting over 25GB's of data and reinstalling the game followed by the mod which was bigger than the game I would simply create a new folder and paste the game into this folder for testing out the beta versions. More so in the early days of the mod where there was a lot of editing been done and past around for testing, every day something new or fixed was been passed to everyone either by myself or by someone else or worse still everyone had fixed something or other and we would end up having to delete everything a few times a day just so we had the final days work. Towards the end of the modding it got easier because we didn't need to do it as often but by this time the habit of a separate folder for the modded version was in full effect and I now do this to any game I mod or use mods with, even those in mod folders.

What I should have added is after installing your game, make sure its up to date with the latest patch before copying the folder from the main directory. But I believe the retail version is already up to date with the latest patch in less you own a very early version and steam automatically updates your games.

Update:

Because of limited time I have released the new version that was ready for final testing a while back. This new version uses a mod folder, so it doesn't overwrite the base game files like the previous versions did. From the testing that was done, it was very stable and worked as it should. You can find the link on the first page, it would be very welcome to see reports of any problems found so that they can be logged and when more time is available can be looked into and hopefully fixed.

Hope you have fun and thanks to everyone who has allowed me to use their content, given advice, helped out on the mod and of course to all of you who have played and enjoyed this mod.

Best wishes
    Roy.

LOVE THE MOD BRO KEEP IT UP....MORE UNITS!!! lol all i ask

any updates to this mod?

Sorry but that's all of it bud, RTW2 will be out in 2 day's and I will be playing that then. I have already uninstalled RTW and installed the pre-instal of RTW2, just need to wait for it to be activated on steam on Tuesday.

This mod looks pretty cool. I'm going to play it until Rome 2 is fixed up.

hope you enjoy it

Hi luz, I'll also give a try for this mod of yours and roy. This looks good...

Hi roy and luz..just some question, I see that in this mod it says that you can recruit generals. Would it be possible to implement the same kind of recruitment in rome 2 were in you xan choose the unit bodyguard for your general? I think some of our colleagues here in TWC know what I mean. This feature in Rome 2 is a really good feature that they implemented in the rome 2 game mechanics. I hope it would be possible also in RTW mods just like this mod of yours.

The version 10 still has an error when I play sometimes it all goes out to my desktop without warning,.. that annoys me, but sometimes it works.. and feels awesome, is their any fix?

I can't install it correctly could anyone help me

What seems to be the problem torsos?

I get the following error when playing custom battle:

Error; Filename doesn't exsist :
    Vanilla/data/models_units/ROMAN_CAPTAIN.cas
    HALP!

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

are the link still valid?
    which version do I need to download in way to enjoy it?