Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total War Vanilla Mod

Default Re: Rome Total War Vanilla Mod

So is this gonna be mod foldered if not if you don't mind i will look if i can do it myself as i won't overwrite files of my vanilla but what i read a big thumbs up and nice work

I managed to get it working but i need to get a lot of work done before i can say it's working lolz

ok your celts are a bit of trouble but i think i can get it working just fine

your unit_sounds file needed to be thrown out to make it work and idk but if that file was inserted it would have ended everything
    Also the Hording atribute to units i removed isn't being used and annoyed me a bit

oh and i think you want to do it yourself because i been a bit of a butcher
    Last edited by Raven Destroyer; December 03, 2011 at 05:52 PM.
    I'm a quick learner but i'm still human

if you see i make a mistake don't be afraid to tell if not directly in a pm

Memento Mori

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Destroyer View Post
    So is this gonna be mod foldered if not if you don't mind i will look if i can do it myself as i won't overwrite files of my vanilla but what i read a big thumbs up and nice work

I managed to get it working but i need to get a lot of work done before i can say it's working lolz

ok your celts are a bit of trouble but i think i can get it working just fine

your unit_sounds file needed to be thrown out to make it work and idk but if that file was inserted it would have ended everything
    Also the Hording atribute to units i removed isn't being used and annoyed me a bit

oh and i think you want to do it yourself because i been a bit of a butcher
    Sorry bud but i don't have the time any more to work on this project, i had planned so many more things, feel free to put this mod in a mod folder if you wish and change what ever you want. I wish i could help but i can't. Hope you did manage to play with this mod and found it to be to your liking.

Best wishes
    Roy.

Thanks for this mod +rep

"The Pope?... How many divisions does he have?"
    - Joseph Stalin(attributed)

Downloading it now. Can't wait to try out the new units.

Is it something I did wrong or do only two factions have victory conditions?

@ Trebudude
    Thanks bud, hope you have fun.

@ Xenosety
    Not sure, they should all have victory conditions. In less changing the Roman factions to Celts, Rebels etc has broken the victory conditions for some/most factions.

Does this mod overwrite the original Rome Total War?

How do I install it? Because I followed the instructions from the 1st page and nothing worked...

Quote Originally Posted by Drake123 View Post
    Does this mod overwrite the original Rome Total War?
    Yes it does i'm affraid.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi02 View Post
    How do I install it? Because I followed the instructions from the 1st page and nothing worked...
    How i do it is create a folder on the desktop called modified games and inside that folder i copy the intire Rome Total War directory and then i install this mod over that so then i can play either this mod or i can play the vanilla game. You can (if you want) install the mod into the game directory, but as i said above i don't do that because then i have the vanilla files and don't have to reinstall RTW if something goes wrong or i want to try a new mod out. I have play tested RTW Vanilla 7.0 for many day's and never once had a problem and installing it worked first time. I even downloaded 7.0 and installed that to make sure i didn't miss anything out, with over 480 downloads it seems no one is having problems with the mod or features in the game which is nice to see.

rye8111's Avatar Libertus

Roy, I feel really bad for you, as I read this entire thread with you being the one taking up 95% of it, getting almost no help and/or publicity, and then not finding time to work on it anymore. Anyways, I would play this mod, but my own mod needs working on right now. Maybe later I can check it out, it sounds REALLY good! Thank you!

Thanks Rye, i try to find time to continue to work on it. At the moment i'm having a play around with unit stats to balance things out a little better and improve the gameplay. But sadly i don't have the amount of time i use to have so things are going much slower, however its getting the final touches it needed. I can't give a release date for the final version but i would expect it to be over the next few weeks if all goes well.

Whats your mod called? i will have a look at it when i have a look at it at some point.

May i ask you why the celtic family has roman units? If you wanted to perform an invasion by the romans on england you should switch places with the britanica(northern peoples) faction. besides that everything 's cool. only not very historical with those celtic family guy's

I know, i decided to make the Celts use those units so they could hold their own against the Britains, it works quiet well.

you could also give them almost the same units as the britons. That way they shouldn't be taken down so easily. Or maybe add the celtic ones from the BI edition. Let me say again it is a very good mod good work

Thank you tianzong, sorry bud i was in a rush earlier. The inlaws was due any moment so i didn't get chance to put what i wanted to say. Unfurtunatelly i have the maximum unit skellingtons so i could add any more, i have now removed some skellingtons that are no longer used like the incendiary pigs and wardogs etc so that will allow me to add a couple of new units (replace some of the Roman Scipii units from the Celts perhaps. I will have to look at what u its the Celts use in BI and what the units colours are because ideally i want them to be blue (i can't change the units colours, otherwise it wouldn't make any difference and more options would be avilable).

In the new version i'm working on i have reduced all units health to 2 and increased (a little) the archers so that they are more important to in your army but also a huge target in any enemy army you find yourself in a battle against. But i will reinstall BI and look at the units and see if some units can be ported over to replace the Roman Scipii units the Celts use.

Again thank you and its good to hear you like the mod and your having fun, which faction are you playing as?

I actually liked playing parthia. I also tried to modfolder the mod but that didn't work quite well (lots of errorless CTD's ) and because i needed the original for other mods i deleted it.

What i do is create a new folder and then take a copy of the RTW directory and paste it into this new folder, that way i can install the RTW vanilla mod without actually effecting the files in the main directory. You could try that, in fact i do this for any game i play with mods (i never use the main directory even if its mod foldered).

Oh, so easy!! LoL i was changing every text file from "data\...(and so on)" to "new file\data\...
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

Lol, i will be releasing an update to this mod soon. There will be 2 versions, one will have units in a single turn and the other version is for those who like to play at a slower pace. each unit trained every game turn. A few other little tweaks, but nothing huge. The current changes are as follows.

* Units health reduced to 2.
    * All units stats set back to vanilla.
    * Missile infantry units stats increased slightly to make them more feared on the battle field and a main target to take out early on.
    * Peasants, hounds and pigs skellingtons removed so more units can be added to the game.
    * Cavalry units reduced from 60 men per unit to 40.
    * All added units tweaked to balance them out.
    * One version for all units trained in a single turn, another version for 1 unit per each game turn, for those who play at a slower playing style. (each version will have a seperate link, but both versions will be called RTW Vanilla Mod 8.0. I will simple state which version is which). Currently the mod is been tested to make sure i like the way the tweaks feel.

Links on first page updated, 2 versions, 1 for the standard 0 turn for troops to be trained and the other version as said, 1 turn for each troop to be trained. Apart from that both versions are the same.