Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Rome Total War Vanilla Mod

Default Re: Rome Total War Vanilla Mod

Wow amazing mod. Really impressed.

I tried to start the campaign, and it stated that a bunch of files didn't exist, mainly tree-related files.
    Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Help! I did it exactly like what you say but when i click the imperial campaign button, it said: "please select an item from the list" What's that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathtan View Post
    I tried to start the campaign, and it stated that a bunch of files didn't exist, mainly tree-related files.
    Is there anything I can do to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by IronThrone View Post
    Help! I did it exactly like what you say but when i click the imperial campaign button, it said: "please select an item from the list" What's that mean?
    I'm guessing it was V9 that was been used where you had to overwrite the vanilla files and folders? The patch would also have been needed for that version. If it was version 10 then you would simply move the folder "Vanilla" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War" and then in the desktop short cut right click on it, properties and in target at the end add " -mod:Vanilla -show_err" and then launch the game. This was done like that to make it easier for anyone wanting to play the mod with other mods that also use the mod folder option. I just did this and I uninstalled RTW a few days before RTW2 was released and hadn't installed it up till a few minutes ago and the game launched fine and I started a campaign as Briton and then started a new campaign as SPQR without problems. I haven't tried v9 but that was the more stable version as V10 needed to be tested. Sorry the reply took this long and I'm sure by now you either got the problem sorted or moved onto something else, but this might be helpful to someone else one day with a similar problem.

when i tried to download it on dropbox and its done i opened it and it just downloaded the same file over and over agian is their any way to solve this

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    Screenies please?
    Does this work with windows xp

daneus's Avatar Foederatus

I tried to get this working but kept coming up with errors with files missing. I'm not sure what went wrong but it may be a filepathing issue of some sort as the files are there when I did a search for them.

First of all sorry I haven't been around RL stuff, I wasn't aware of the links no longer working. Links for both V9 + patch and V10 are now updated, you can download from either Mediafire or One drive.
    Last edited by Roy974; October 08, 2017 at 05:09 PM.

Could you fix the download link for version 8 with unified Rome. I would like to give that a try as well.

rbursch's Avatar Foederatus

I would be grateful if someone could tell me how I can reduce the amount of men in a unit...thank you!
    "Cast a cold Eye
    On Life, On Death.
    Horseman, pass by!"
    Epitaph W.B.Yeats, Irish Poet (1865 - 1939)

I'm very impressed by this mod, great work all around. Thanks!
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free..." Goethe

"Share my woman, share my wine, share my soul, burn the sun...this is all just for Rome" Triarii

I will try this bad boy mod, tbh i only want graphic overhaul mod since i have fun in the vanilla gameplay already. Btw u mention patent, but i dont actually undestand what that actually mean

Quote Originally Posted by andrewkp View Post
    I will try this bad boy mod, tbh i only want graphic overhaul mod since i have fun in the vanilla gameplay already. Btw u mention patent, but i dont actually undestand what that actually mean
    Try the TRUMP Total War channel graphic mod.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4s...Xp0JDr4URQTsfg
    Last edited by Leonardo; January 13, 2020 at 02:00 PM. Reason: YouTube channel added.