Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

Default Re: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

Good mod that features ancient civilizations. Thanks to all the modders for creating this.

LanPirot's Avatar Foederatus

geon, this error can mean anything. It is not possible to find the cause of this crash.
    But i found missing unit texture and broken model and make little patch, look in my signature. maybe this will help

geon I just had a battle at Troy (Taruisa) and had no crash

Libertus

Hmmm, it may be my computer or installation......I'll try reinstalling the mod

Libertus

Thanks LanPirot,
    I used your patch and I now have tactical battles at Troy.

On another note, does anyone know how to change the empire colours. I'm thinking of swapping the current Egyptian (dark) and Hittite (white). I think the the white empire colour is more appropriate for the Egyptians since they always wore white linen. Plus the dark colour is good for the Hittites. I can then simply reverse the colours on their empire buttons and banners

Libertus

Thanks LanPirot,
    I used your patch and I now have tactical battles at Troy.

On another note, does anyone know how to change the empire colours. I'm thinking of swapping the current Egyptian (dark) and Hittite (white). I think the the white empire colour is more appropriate for the Egyptians since they always wore white linen. Plus the dark colour is good for the Hittites. I can then simply reverse the colours on their empire buttons and banners

geon, look into bronze/data/descr_sm_factions.txt - primary_colour (main color) and secondary_colour (border color) lines. empire_east - egypt and empire_west - hittites.

Libertus

Thanks again LanPirot,
    I swapped the empire colours, and when I go into the factions the new empire colour is there on the map. However, when I first click the 'Bronze Age Campaign' and get the initial map, the original empire colour still appears on the map. Only after I choose the side and get into the faction screen does the new empire colour appear on the map. How do I change the initial map colours?

Regards
    Geon

If you about this

This is a TGA image file in bronze/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/map_***.tga
    they only need to be repainted manually in a graphics editor

Libertus

Thanks LanPirot,
    The new empire colours and reversed buttons look good. If you like, I can email the amended files and you can use them in the next version of the mod

Regards
    Geon

It's a interesting age. Excellent mod and very well worked!

Libertus

Hi everyone,

It's good to hear that a lot of people seem to be enjoying the mod. Thanks again to everyone involved. This time period was badly in need of some attention, and I am proud to be able to help LanPirot and others in making it a reality. Frankly, the work done by everyone is awesome.

I have no doubt that as more archaeological discoveries are made, the mod will be updated, so I see an ongoing development for the future.

So with that in mind, I've put together a little wish list.

Firstly, I'm going through my translations and correcting some minor typos I've noticed. Nothing major, but I like to be thorough. When that's finished I'll forward them to LanPirot.

Secondly, I'd like to see the Trojans and Arzawans redone. I've already mentioned the horns on the Arzawan helmets, and I think the Trojans, being Luwians (according to the current research) should be more Luwian/Hittite with some Aegean influence in appearance.

For the Arzawans, I'd like to see access to Sherdan troops (since Sardis, where the Sherdan may originate from) is in Arzawan territory.

Also, for the Trojans, I'd like to see them have access to Lukka, Phrygian, Teresh, and Thracian troop types, to simulate all their allies during the Trojan War.

(One current theory is that the Sea Peoples all came from Anatolia)

Thirdly, I'd like to see the Dorians redone. Granted, they are said to be less civilsed than the Achaeans, but I think they've progressed beyond still wearing animal skins! I think they would have quite a northern bronze age European look such as this,

http://www.lookandlearn.com/blog/158...-their-armour/

While iron at this stage is not better than bronze, it is more plentiful and available. Perhaps Dorian warriors could cost less to arm in the game.

Fourthly, I'd like to see Pylos and Crete added to the player list. Pylos would be a good counterweight to Mycenae in the Peloponnese while Crete would be a counter to Phoenician naval dominance.

Fifthly, I hope it’s possible to alter the speech on some of the sides. Playing the Trojans and having a voice tell you it’s a great victory for Rome just doesn't make it feel like its the Bronze Age.

Finally, I'd like to see introductory movies for all the factions (hopefully there are some talented readers out there who can do this)

But all that is for the future. As is stands, this mod is incredible as it is, and it can only get better with time. So to everyone out there, again, well done!!!

Regards

Geon

Drumsgoon's Avatar Laetus

Hi, just played a while with Thebes crushing the Myceaneans and the folks on the other side of the Aegean sea. I really like the amount of detail you put into this, and the era itself of course. I had just been reading up again about this very interesting part of the history of mankind. I still think RTW is great, but I do sometimes miss a bit of the 'emersion' that more modern games give. I really liked to play with the chariots, and the unit rosters are very nice I think. I did really mis spies, they are very handy to keep an eye on the treacherous diplomacy of this game! It was a pity that some 400 townfolks succesfully rebelled against my full stack army is citiesI occupied of differen religions. I don't really understand the decision to only feature cities with big stone walls, it is more repetitive, and one has less to build. Thanks to the folks who translated all the info the game too! I think a general page with (english) information on this game would be helpful, I could not find one. One small remark is that the 'dark age' scenario did not really seem very different at first sight, but I have not looked that good at it yet. Anyways, definetely one of the better mods for RTW, how fun this game can remain after all these years, thanks in large part to this creative community here!

@LanPirot: I saw this mod ages ago and I'm really happy to see it finally finished and released here. I did what I can to promote the work that has been done here. Thanks!

https://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/...-age-total-war

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Thank you LanPirot and geon!!! I have been waiting for this mod for a long time. I am fascinated by the bronze age, and I wish we knew more about even earlier times. I lived in the middle east growing up and my father worked on some archaeological digs. Sometimes we would stop at a tel, the site of an ancient city which just looks like a hill, and walk around on it and he would pick up pieces of pottery and say "This is from the late bronze age, because it has such and such features, which weren't present before then." Or something like that. There are so many tels that have not been identified or excavated--most of them. We have much more to learn.

I am having a problem when I try to start the mod though. I get the following error message:

Script error in bronze/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, at line 37, column 1
    "horde_min_units": This feature is not supported

Several factions have a "horde_min_units" entry in the descr_sm_factions.txt file.

I am running with Rome Total War Gold on Steam.
    Command line is:
    "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bronze -nm -show_err

LanPirot, just a question, why does your installer modify the rometw-bi.exe executable file?

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    LanPirot, just a question, why does your installer modify the rometw-bi.exe executable file?
    He is just unpacking files in destination folder and create the link to rometw-bi.exe in start menu and desktop with startup parameters. He don't replace or modify anything.

Stephanous:
    For Steam-users (two solutions how to fix crash when you trying start the mod):
    1) This instruction written by AlexanderTheStraight from Reddit:
    "Do this. You will need to find out the steam app id for Barbarian Invasion, it's a number. I don't know which it is because I have the retail edition. Once you have that, make a shortcut to Steam.exe, right click the new shortcut, and in target you need to have something like this: "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch bi_id -mod:bronze -nm -show_err -ne
    You need to replace bi_id with whatever id Barbarian Invasion has on Steam
    EDIT: By the way, you need to install the mod in the main RTW folder. If Steam installation of Barbarian Invasion is NOT on the main RTW folder, I would suggest trying uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it in the Barbarian Invasion folder"

2) In Steam Library find the game, and by right clicking choose "properties", go next into "set launch options" and write this (without quotes): "-mod:Bronze -nm -show_err". Launch game from the steam by choosing "Launch Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion"

far long ago I create mod's page on moddb and forgot to write about this here:
    link http://www.moddb.com/mods/bronze-age-total-war

Thank You LanPirot and geon! It is working now. I am enjoying it so much! This time period is so great, and long over due for attention. I had to use the second solution for Steam, because I could not find the app id for Barbarian Invasion. There is only one entry in my Steam Library "Rome Total War," but when you start it you pick whether to play the original campaign or BI. The game is awesome. I finally get to play as the Phoenicians! They are kind of isolated to start with, but the Aramean horde is wandering around the area. Note, I did see some text that was not translated from Russian. It was in pop-up tool-tips for some building prerequisites... I think it was for (Phoenician) temples. It's a minor issue, but I thought I should let you know.

@LanPirot and @geon I have been much more of a consumer on this site that a poster. This is a general question. I see that there should be little green button with a plus sign to "Add to this user's reputation". I would like to add to both of you, but I only see the green button on my posts, not on anyone else's posts. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Small quirk I noticed. Are the various chariots supposed to look the same? Playing as the Arameans I noticed on the unit cards it shows different types of chariots but in battle they all use the same chariot cart style. Were the various chariots cut at the last minute or never implemented?