Thread: Extended Greek Mod Enhanced v.1.0.0

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Default Extended Greek Mod Enhanced v.1.0.0

Introduction

Hi. My name is Crazyroman and i present to you Extended Greek Mod Enhanced v.1.0.0

Main Features

Two new factions: In the place of Eastern Kingdoms you get the Massalian League, a faction with a small core of greek units, but they have bigger access to celtic units; they do not get access to many greek elite cavalry units.

In the place of Independent Gauls, you get the Celtic Tribes, inhabiting the Po Valley, a faction with new colors, that look like Britannia faction from vanilla, but with a lot different roster and of course faction symbol.

Many new units and models; many of them had a name change. For example Hypaspistai became Macedonian Peltasts and Agema Hypaspistai became Agema Macedonian Peltasts. We have a lot of new units for all factions and new mercenaries. Ptolemies now have, Therapeia Infantry and Therapeia Cavalry, all Greek factions get Iphicratean and Heavy Iphicratean Hoplites. Seleucids and Baktrians get new Cataphracts with a new model and a new Agema Cataphract unit. Germans, now have wolf and bear warriors, elite swordsmen and chosen slingers, Gauls and Celts get chosen archers, Pontus and Armenia get new Noble Infantry and new model for Eastern Infantry and for Eastern Peltast and other stuff. Barbarian factions that have hording got new horde units, same thing for Parthia. Sabaeans got a bit of love too, with new units. Carthaginians got, factional Scutarii and Heavy Scutarii, Phalanx Pikemen, Greek AoR units, iberian and celtiberian AoR, Iberians got new infantry and cavalry units. Scythians have been renamed to Sarmatians and their roster tries to imitate that, but they got a bit of infantry units as well. Romans, now do not have the ferres models anymore, but they use skins and models from various talented modders, old and new, which i will list below in the credits. Of course, last but not least, almost all units including mercenaries, have 3 different officers, generic officer, standard bearer and musician.

New buildings: Ptolemies, Armenia and Pontus now have access to the Greek theatres building chain, they can build mints in regions with gold or silver and quarries in certain regions in eastern Africa. Barbarian, Parthia, Saba and Baktria have access to animal_husbandry building line: Boost your economy with these buildings but they will not be available if you have built farms. Barbarians now have access to level 5th factional barracks, level 5th of the goverment building and they have a similar buidling like civilized academies. Greeks now have access to tavern building chain. Port_buildings now have a harbour building as the first building required to be built in the chain for everyone; There is also the shipyard as the last building in this chain, available only for certain factions.

New symbols for almost all factions, new user interface for all cultures.

Return of the lesser generals; New strat map models for generals, lesser generals, agents, towns and cities and fleets.

New traits, Confident generals or bad generals according to faction, e.g Ptolemaic Confident Strategos and stuff like this one.

Lowered the upkeep and recruitment costs. This might have made it a bit easier. I will see if i can tune it better in the next version(s).

Some custom campaigns, like the Massalian one have been removed. Unfortunately i had to remove the Britannia and Ceasar's one, because of some problems i had with replacing Numidia.

Many other stuff that i have probably forgot.

Download: 1) Main download: https://www.moddb.com/mods/extended-greek-mod-enhanced-v-100/downloads/extended-greek-mod-enhanced-v-100

2) First patch: https://www.moddb.com/mods/extended-greek-mod-enhanced-v-100/downloads/patch-for-xgm-enhanced

You can also check screenshots from the mod, in the page of the mod, in Moddb.

Credits

Crazyroman Coding, ideas, some textures and unit cards (mainly recolors), creator of the mod
    Ariaces (textures, models, unit cards, suggestions)
    Lanjane, NL and NL_2 mods (textures, models, unit cards, suggestions)
    Macedon Expansion mod team (textures, models, unit cards, building ideas etc.)
    Barbarian's Revenge: To the Last Sea mod (textures, models, unit cards etc.)
    Ahowl11, Vanilla Enhancement Mod (various assets, models, textures, unit cards)
    Skynet Bunker, Ancient Wars mod (User Interface for all cultures, various other assets probably)
    Guerrero Sabino (models, unit cards, textures)
    Rome Total History, Philadelphos (Dardanian Thorakitai, some buildings, some Sabaean skins)
    B.C series from Sonny Constanzo (models, textures, ui)
    Darthmod and DarthVader for Carthaginian units
    The Hellenic States, comrade_general and his team: (faction symbol for Massalia, Lanjane for the massalian barb swordsmen)
    Rise of the Empire mod 1.0 (models, textures, ui)
    Old skins and unit cards made from a TWC member named Agart; These textures are been used for socii hastati, principes and triarii and velites and for italic infantrymen.
    Extended Cultures IV team, Suppanut and the other guys for various buildings and other assets
    Thanks to Medusa for, Medusa's skins and ui's and models
    Thanks to EB mod for various descriptions and unit names and historical inspiration
    Thanks to Redfox and it's mod, Diadochi Total War
    Thanks to Rome Total Realism, for republican standard bearer model and skin
    Vlad for his mod, Vlad Total War
    Barebones Total War
    Rise of Persia mod
    Imperial Total War
    Mundus Magnus mod for faction symbols
    DimebagHo for his wonderful mod and every one who contributed to Extended Greek Mod.

Rules

This mod is the work of Crazyroman . If you wish to upload to another site for downloading you will have to communicate with me and if I give you permission you can do it.
    Don't steal. If you want to take something from this mod for your own mod please communicate with me.
    No sub-mods for public release are allowed.

Installation Instructions for Steam users: Select Rome:Total War on your steam page, go into properties and paste this: -show_err -ne -nm -mod:xgm. Then select BI to run the mod. To run vanilla BI, you have to delete this line from your properties and then copy paste again to play the mod.

FAQ

Q: What do i need to run this mod ?
    A: You need RTW Barbarian Invasion 1.6.

Q: Can i do a sub-mod for this sub-mod and release it to the public?
    A: You can make a sub-mod for your own personal use, but you are not allowed to release it to the public.

Q: Why this mod has this unit/model/building/faction etc. instead of this/why this unit exists?
    A: Generally speaking, this submod tries to be fun and kinda historically accurate. Please, don't be toxic and start complaining about this or that. Suggestions are okay and welcomed, but please do not be demanding or aggressive or insulting.

Q: Are there gonna be patches and updates for this mod?
    A: Yes, of course. I have already spotted a few minor bugs and stuff like that. Probably there are going to be and some bigger changes.

To the Moderators of the forum and Admins: I'm sorry, if i shouldn't had posted here, but in the Extended Greek Mod, submods section, in the Extended Greek mod forum. Please tell me, if i need to do so.
    Last edited by crazyroman; April 05, 2024 at 03:50 AM.

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod Enhanced v.1.0.0

It's nice to see this after a day of work. I'll definitely check this out in the morning. Thank you for the post.

Thank you very much! Don't forget to apply the patch too. There will be more changes in the future, balancing etc. Have fun!

Hi all. I noticed that i forgot to change temple descriptions for "numidia". the Massalian League and they have descriptions that don't match their current greek culture. In the next, big update this will be fixed, including other changes, fixes and many new additions and improvements. Thank you