Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

i m using 8.1, it lag just a little on the strategic map, but ts ok. only i had to insert in the exe file address something since directx errors. but i fixed it.
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

LanPirot's Avatar Foederatus

Sub-mods - it's good. In ModDB you may add files by own on Bronze Age page (register required, off course). https://www.moddb.com/mods/bronze-ag...#downloadsform

i will. thank you! the work is almost ready. then i ll test it. and upload. for the ancillary i ll need time.

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Are the city names spelled that way on purpose? For example Babylon being Babilu? Another example is Troy, I think it's Tarusa or something like that?

i guess alekho. i m adjusting also some of them. troy will be taruisa or wilusa as in the hittites fonts. added yet some title for the kings: arzawan kig will be "king of assuwa" (the league of assuwa, asia probably, was the early arzawa league of western anatolian kingdoms, as the seha river or the mira one, that united to fight vs the hittites for indipendence. so the king of arzawa will be king of assuwa if you aim your mouse cursor on it. they was a group of kingdoms united. the princes too i done. for example aiming the paraho character there is the name, followed by KEmet paraho, king of upper and lower egypt for the paraho and prince of kemet for his heir. or tabarna, great king of hatti, wanax for the mycenaeans etc, but they must be outside city. in city cards they still to be named faction leader. but if you aim the cursor on the army it will appear their titles f there is the prince or the king. the generala sometime have too titles. a mycenaean general will appear as mukanai qasireu, or eqeta, etc making a nice work for this mod. soon i ll post it and the 4 turn per year is ready. adjusting only faction and characters names.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; August 11, 2018 at 09:51 AM.

Can you post the 4 turns per year script separate from the rest of your changes please?

i ended need some adjustment in the prov-campaign descr file for the factions but the main camp. is ready. i ll upload it tonight. with the mercenaries files and the 4t x year scriptand the rest. let me know if there are errors etc the sub mod need a name.... a suggestive name as "XIIIC BC, THE LOST WORLD" or "TALES OF MEN OF BRONZE" or even "APOCALYPSE OF BRONZE". What do you say guys? btw tonight i will post a link
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; August 11, 2018 at 01:47 PM.

TALES OF MEN OF BRONZE.zip

here the beta version. please report ctd and errors. several units card missed especially about mercenaries. i ll try to fix it but the units workexpanded_bi.txt
    put the second text file in bronze\data\text folder. is an adjustment of the faction leaders and heirs titles. especially amurru and phoenicians.
    NOTE THAT FOR NOW ONLY THE MAIN CAMPAIGN IS COMPLETE. THE PROVINCIALS COULD BE NOT AFFECTED BY EVERY CHANGE.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; August 12, 2018 at 08:02 AM.

Thank you for your work. I will try it in the next campaign. In the meantime, could you post the 4 turns per year script as standalone, or at least tell me where to edit it?

sure. no problem (if you must edit it you need 2-3 days of work. it s not difficult, but you must change every turn string manually per 400 times. season, year, and number of turn, more the script, etc no. i post it. is better for you. but i dont think it is save game compatible. probably you must start a new campaign)bronze_background.txt btw it is also in the mod. data\script\bronze background

New version of the mod: adjusted mercenaries, trough some card still missing, added spies and assassins, reduced costs and times for the buildings, added wooden walls to several settlements, especially the barbarian cultures towns, 4 turns per year, adjusted faction leaders and heirs titles, faction names, some in original language. and other minor issues. copy bronze folder in your rome total war folder,SINCE I CANT UPLOAD IT HERE, (MORE THAN 10MG) TRIED TO UPLOAD ON MODB BUT I M WAITING TOO TIME FOR AUTHORIZATION, SO IF SOMEONE WANT IT I CAN SEND THE ZIP FILE VIA MAIL TO YOU. P.M. ME.

loreley's Avatar Laetus

Hi, just as a suggestion. It would be necessary to add feminine names (that correspond to the factions and their culture) for the different factions because in many cases the women have Roman names or others that seem of Celtic or Germanic origin, which is totally incorrect (I mean the women of the family tree). Thanks guys!

what factions? (to me, mitanni, thebes, arzawa and other factions i played there wasnt roman names.). Do you wanna the submod loreley? It adjust and fix several things, and add many things as mercenaries, 4 t per year, etc. So you can give me some feedback.

loreley's Avatar Laetus

For now it has only happened with Egypt. Image: https://i.imgur.com/TWaJgTi.png

As for the mod, yes, I would like to try it!

i cant post it here since is bigger than 10mg, give me your email. i will send it there

@AntonioHundangir

Please don't take this the wrong way. English is not my first language too, and I frequently -almost always- make mistakes when writing. But I have noticed that you seem to have problems with the language too. My question is if your submod is polished language-wise or you are writing in the text files in the same way you are writing here. Again, don't take this the wrong way and thank you for your work, all contributions are appreciated

@AntonioHundangir

Please don't take this the wrong way. English is not my first language too, and I frequently -almost always- make mistakes when writing. But I have noticed that you seem to have problems with the language too. My question is if your submod is polished language-wise or you are writing in the text files in the same way you are writing here. Again, don't take this the wrong way and thank you for your work, all contributions are appreciated

EDIT: sorry for the double post. There was a glitch when I was using the reply functionality

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

I love how you keep the mod alive.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

i havent wrote nothing in the mod. only a small part of mitanni description. few words about their possible indo-aryan ruling class. the rest are faction names in original language, (kemet, the land of hatti, mukanai, teqai, etc) and faction leaders\heirs titles (king of the land of arzawa, lord of the seha river land, wanax of teqai, king of upper and lower egypt, tabarna, great king of hatti, etc) those titles was often past from web where i looked for historical titles. same for faction names in native language or fashon, (hittites for example is a biblical name of the iron age, used for name a canaanite or a syrian people, maybe a neo hittite one, hitti, and a modern one,in the documents appear that they simply say "the people of the land of hatti", or nesites, since their language. Hatti was the land of the Hattians, a pre indoeuropean people conquered by the hittites when they migrated from north, then, they simply start to call themself the people of the land of hatti. So i changed the faction name. for historic realism. for fun simply.), i havent wrote nothing else there there. THE MAIN WORK IS ON SCRIPT, AGENTS, AND MERC FILES. ONLY FEW WORDS IN THE MITANNI DESCR I ADDED. BESIDE THAT, NOTHING.
    Morrowgan: i m a lover of the bronze age civilizations,especially the aegean civilization, and especially his religion, i was waiting a bronze age mod by years, and now that there is, i couldnt let it without adjustment, from my point of view 2 turns per year was fast, too fast, so i changed to 4. no mercenaries was a pity, since there was many mercenaries at time, the shardana warriors for example, or the nubians that probably served also in the mycenaean armies, as mycenaeans served in near east armies. (it was a global world in some way.), no spies and no assassins was not good for me, (take the zannanza affair, or the qadesh campaign, is obvious that both egypt aand hatti as others had a secret service. a efficent one too, also from the tablets appear that.), and the faction leaders\heirs titles is a plus. i did it for me mainly, since if there isnt a profit for Antonio, i dont move, in this case, is the fun, but i couldnt let the only b.a. mod uncomplete at least for these parts. i posted it only cause if someone else did it, i wanted to play his work. but i must thanks lanpirot for his work too. without it, i couldnt adjust this mod.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; August 25, 2018 at 07:09 AM.