Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Historical Movies

Default Re: Upcoming Historical Movies

well i dont know think that it will be hard 2 make another gladiator as good as the first

Daneboy's Avatar Senator

I read on the unvr forums that a movie about Boutica is being made.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Yeah, that's going to be great. It's going to be called "Warrior" and it'll probably be out in 2008. It'll be like a female Braveheart movie. You can't go wrong with that. Here's the link.
    Last edited by Trajan; September 21, 2006 at 02:00 AM.

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Of all the people they coulda picked, it had to be Boudicca. Why have I never been impressed by Boudicca? They shoulda done like a Fianna or Cuchulainn movie.
    Team Member <3

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

It'll be like a female Braveheart movie.
    Oh, my God.
    Why wouldn't anybody pick 100 years war (and I'm not talking about Joanne D'ark), or even 30 years war (bloody). Or Languedoque crusade.
    Stop. I got it - Charlemagne.

Forget about Boudicca, I'm going to watch it because it's a new theatrical movie showing the Roman Legions. What I'm really looking forward to, is the Battle of Watling Street. If they do it well, it should be an incredible Roman battle scene. All and all, it should be a very good movie, unless they **** it up.

Centurion-Lucius-Vorenus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    In a cottage cheese cottage in Levittown, New york

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan
    Forget about Boudicca, I'm going to watch it because it's a new theatrical movie showing the Roman Legions. What I'm really looking forward to, is the Battle of Watling Street. If they do it well, it should be an incredible Roman battle scene. All and all, it should be a very good movie, unless they **** it up.
    "A drama about the warrior Boudica and her rise from peasant roots to become a military leader who led Britain against the Romans in 61 A.D., and who was posthumously crowned the first queen of the empire. "-IMDB

Is that ******** up enough for you ?

They are going to rape this movie to hell and back.

"A drama about the warrior Boudica and her rise from peasant roots to become a military leader who led Britain against the Romans in 61 A.D., and who was posthumously crowned the first queen of the empire. "-IMDB
    Thanks, man. After this I'm pretty sure I'll pass on it.
    Speaking of her peasant roots - queen of Icens (I'm not gonna argue - celtic culture, anybody can become a king, bla, bla, bla) She was of noble birth. Period.
    Centurion - you saved my time. I'm seek of those Hollywood King Arthurs, Gladiators, etc.
    Actually, Kingdom of Heaven was least ugly, but, anyways, sucked.
    Where are those old days of 300 Spartans, even Cleopatra with Taylor and Burton is better, just because of the acting. Vikings sucked though (as much as I like Kirk Douglas). If somebody wants to talk about that, fine.
    Why, why nobody sticks with history? What, they think people will enjoy their movies less?
    Instead of showing us "new story of a business woman, who made it to the top, but ********-up, because fell in love with the *********rd", they could learn from classics.

Look, you guys are not going watch it, so what, big deal. They barely make sword and saddle epics anymore and so when one comes around and the reviews are good, I'll watch it just because I love that genre. They have made a lot terrible ones lately but hey, they can't be all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion-Lucius-Vorenus
    Is that ******** up enough for you ?

They are going to rape this movie to hell and back.
    Short answer? NO. I'm not going to say that the movie is going to suck just because of some text. After viewing the trailer and reading a few reviews, that's when I'll know whether it's good or not. It's just funny how you guys are passing judgment on a movie that's not even being filmed yet. ****, they don't even have a cast yet.

Oh, man. If this one will be a GOOD movie, I will apologize to you publicly. And we EXPECT it to be a bad one, because all latest Hollywood "historical epics" were just horrible.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Oh boy Hollywood just never learns does it? Hopefully atleast one of these announced monstrosities will turn out half-way decent.(Not crossing my fingers on "The Last Legion" though. )

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword of Cao Cao
    Of all the people they coulda picked, it had to be Boudicca. Why have I never been impressed by Boudicca? They shoulda done like a Fianna or Cuchulainn movie.
    Or better yet, King Niall!
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

My money if on Client Eastwood's Letter's from Iwo Jima, the one with hez makeing on the japanese perspective about Iwo Jima,
    There isnt any Good japanese war movie's all the movies i have seen except tora tora tora portray the japanese as 1 dimensional bad guys with a suicidal streak, in realtity they wernt anywhere close to being suicidal.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Racer X's Avatar Ordinarius

There's a movie being made about Cyrus the Great of Persia, guys. It's British, not Hollywood.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/403/403324p1.html
    http://www.chahayagroup.com/ (Go to production)

Excuse me while I fcking cheer. This is win, just, absolute win.

I'd do some long winded caps lock 'yahoo', but that wouldn't capture how happy this has made me.
    Last edited by Ahiga; September 24, 2006 at 12:45 AM.

Racer X's Avatar Ordinarius

That was my reaction, also.

Cyrus was a champ.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Rufats
    Stop. I got it - Charlemagne.
    Considering that Christopher Lee, a direct descendant of Charlemagne, is still alive...that would actually be a damn good idea.
    I mean, they ****in' look alike, almost. I'm serious, compare Durer's portrait of Charlemagne (though dome centuries after Chuck's death) with a photo of Chris Lee's face. He would be damn perfect to play Charlemagne in a movie.

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

YES! Sean Connery is in it too!

Did you read the whole thing? "Most expensive British film yet", "10,000 extras for it's battle scene". It looks like British cinema might be back on the road to glory.
    Last edited by Osceola; October 01, 2006 at 08:09 PM.
    Team Member <3

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

Don't raise your hopes too much...

I don't like to cheer about a movie when all we know about it is who the main character is. It'll probably be rubbish, and as historically accurate as Star Wars.

It's a fantastic idea though. At least people will actually know who Cyrus was now. Most people have never even heard of him...

ps. Sorry for my pessimism

That's alright God. It will pay to be a little wary, but still it has my hopes up a little. It's british, not American, so perhaps it might be a bit less King arthur or Troy. The last period british film I saw was one set in Medieval India, and was certainly, as far as I could tell, accurate.

My worry is more that they refer to it as a 'biblical' epic. While I assume biblical means simply from that period, I worry they might try and make Cyrus seem like a quasi-judeo-christian, instead of a Zoroastor. Or they'll focus on the Jews he freed from Babylon. I'd much rather it focus on the man and his life, rather than one element or the other.

beowulf and grendel look freakin awsome
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.