Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Historical Movies

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Justinian, i's about Cortez and the Aztec Conquest. Should be good!

Russian dude, please provide a link to information!

EDIT: To whoever wanted a WW1 movie, I just saw a very good one, modern with lots of action and blood. The Lost Battallion. A made for TV movie, but an extremely good one!
    Last edited by Osceola; November 21, 2005 at 08:11 PM.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Wait I dont get it is this an independent film? How am I going to see it?? Is it already out?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375154/

A new historical epic, though only in setting and such. The premise is a mixture of drama and romance, though it did look somewhat appealing, from the trailer in the Kingdom of heaven DVD.

gladiator 2

W T F ??!!!

BOOOOOOOO!
    [BIG MTW2 SIG]
    Skyhigh - can't go out at night because he'd bump his head on the stars.

look at what ridley scott the director of gladiator said

"The thing on Gladiator was the only fiction in there was Maximus. Everything else was pretty well on target."

made me chuckle

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Did you see that Vin Diesal is gonna play Hannibal? That seems so wrong on so many levels.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Major König's Avatar Civitate

Yes, I don't think he will find many explosions to catch our attention in previews... And he just isn't Hannibal. JHe just isn't.

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

I was so looking forward to an epic about Hannibal but then someone said Vin Diesal and it was like running face first in to a brick wall. Not that hes a bad action dude, but Hannibal no thanks. Gonna se it in any case.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

I just saw a preview for the "New World" starring colin farrel (siiigh) and it looked ok. I just hope they dont pump it full of "lets all get along" crap, like they did with "kingdom of heaven".
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    -Mark Twain

I fail to se the reason why they won't pump it full with "lets all get along" crap. Then sprinkle it with a pinch of "democracy, when there was none" crap.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

the preview did show plenty of battle scenes between the colonists and the natives, but they also had some guy talking about "we need to get along". As long as they dont have the ending scene with a colonist and a native shaking hands or something i'll be fine
    -Mark Twain

Well if they have such a scene at the end I fully intend to laugh my ass of!

Aren't they making a movie out of the Last Full Measure - About Sherman marching to Atlanta?

I could go for a good Vietnam movie.... must think Southeast Asia Major......
    "The ABC of our profession, is to avoid large abstract terms in order to try to discover behind them the only concrete realities, which are human beings."
    - Marc Bloch

Under the Patronage of Lord Rahl

Can't wait for that Hannibal movie to come out. Its been a while since someone has made a good historical movie for me. Alexander was quite poor, Kingdom of Heaven was ok, Troy was so-so. Vin Diesel makes a good change to the stars that I can see in a movie like this, but then again, he needs the skin colour to be a Carthaginian and meh, he aint a bad actor.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus-Popat
    Can't wait for that Hannibal movie to come out. Its been a while since someone has made a good historical movie for me. Alexander was quite poor, Kingdom of Heaven was ok, Troy was so-so. Vin Diesel makes a good change to the stars that I can see in a movie like this, but then again, he needs the skin colour to be a Carthaginian and meh, he aint a bad actor.
    Not to mention he needs some hiar. I still think Oded Feher would kick so much ass as Hannibal.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Hmm, he does have a middle-eastern look, but I don't think he would look great on a horse or evev an elephant

O'brien the Protector's Avatar Lord of the Mannequins

Quote Originally Posted by Hapsburg
    Y'know, I've always wanted someone to make a really good Epic based off the Battle of Verdun, or Tannenberg. Or Grunwald. Or Lake Peipus. It's a shame they don't make epics out of semi-obscure battles and wars.
    there is all quite on teh western front that could have been anywhere on the western front including verdun. Tannenburg ( im guessing the ww1 battle not the roman one) would be a cool plot for a movie. It would have all of the good parts of a movie/book about ww1 without those wating in the trench scene

personally ide like to see a eaither a good roman movie ( about someone like ceasar, scipio, krass even) or a good crusades movie.

im a little rusty on my russian histroy ( living in america for 10 years will do that to you) but wasent ALexander Nevsky the Russian prince who was finaly able to break from the mongols and was the first to establish himself as a king of Moscow?
    Last edited by O'brien the Protector; January 18, 2006 at 04:06 PM.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    -(Under the patronage of the humble, yet all powerful Lord Sephiroth.)-Royal House of the Black Prince

Lord of the Mannequins~Protector of Happiness, Bishop of Liberty, Guard of Hypocracy, Patriarch of Duality,O'briantheProtector(OBP)

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

The have one on Lake Peipus. It's called Nevsky (or Alexander Nevsky)

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Quote Originally Posted by therussian
    The have one on Lake Peipus. It's called Nevsky (or Alexander Nevsky)
    So that's the one between Sweden and Russia/Novgorod, right?
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture