Thread: ETW Vs NTW

Libertus

Icon13 ETW Vs NTW

Hi all,

this is not a comparison between these two games, but in reality I don't like how Creative Assembly create their expansion. They never merge games together, so we can get benefit from the improvement they make in the expansion. For instance Medieval & Kingdom, ETW & NTW; they look like a new game to me. I never call them as an expansion. Whenever I play NTW; I see more organized unit, terrifying shot power that never make cavalry units never charge face to face and start to adopt new strategy. On the other hand, this is not happening with ETW. Although, DMUC has given the game new dimension, but it could not improve it to the level that can match NTW.
    I wish if there is mod to merge both games together, so we can have new level of entertainment and challenges.
    I really hate CA expansions; they ruin the entertainment rather than improving them.
    At the end If there were no DMUC, I would stop playing ETW long time ago and delete it from my system as I done to NTW because they are very boring game.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: ETW Vs NTW

careful mate...

this is a topic of hotly contested debate on these forums....
    be prepared...thats all i can say....

Yes, it seems when they gave us smooth game-play and many of the neat diplomacy features of NTW they took away the replay-ability, expansiveness and diversity of ETW.

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Quote Wolf_00 "At the end If there were no DMUC, I would stop playing ETW long time ago and delete it from my system as I done to NTW because they are very boring game".

Thanks a lot for your nice words regarding the mod, as I myself feel the same and I think for a lot of guys DM/DMUC made the game finally enjoyable and challenging.

To your other statements - I won't state as there had been a lot of discussions already regarding the issues.
    Thanks and good luck.....

kentuckybandit's Avatar Ordinarius

I bought NTW on the day it released, because 1) I have every other Total War title (except Alexander), and 2) age of horse and musket is my favorite period. NTW is BEAUTIFUL but guess what, I have played it for maybe 5 hours total. No re playability as there is no grand campaign. So, broken, jaded and abused, I found myself on the Dark Lord's door step. I fully embraced the dark side and handed him my ETW, and now I find myself having to pull myself away from the computer and DMUC

jjja494's Avatar Libertus
    In a land far far away. Darthmod Ultimate Commander 6.0

The big problem for me about NTW, is that there is no America, or India anymore, at least America is needed. The Caribbean was hotly contested during Napoleonic era, and is not even used in this game.
    There are only two powers in the world: the sword and the mind. In the long run, the sword is always defeated by the mind.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

the biggest problem is that we were used as the biggest free beta test group for NTW....

...otherwise known as Empire total war

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

I must say that I enjoy several features of NTW, although somewhat tweaked by modders such as ToonTotalWar and his excellent AllInOne mod. It makes NTW somewhat replayable, however I still much rather fall back and wage epic war throughout India and the Americas. Especially during the 18th century era with its AWESOME warfare. Of course, NTW should have been a DLC for ETW, no doubt about it.

Lexandro81's Avatar Centenarius

I wouldn't play ETW without DMUC !!!!

And I do not play Napoleon, because of the undersized map.
    It makes me angry that the diplomatic system etc. from Napoleon are not useable for ETW...

After all Napoleon is really to borring for me.... playing with France you can conquer the world/europe on the highest difficult level and have no problems....

Gaizokubanou's Avatar Biarchus
    United States, New Jersey (That's East Coast)

Indeed, only if CA's expansions actually "expanded" the original game... Why do they think that people would prefer playing smaller campaigns with new features rather than playing the bigger original campaign with same new features?

Clocked in more than 300 hours of Napoleon, each his own taste.

Libertus

Last time I checked this thread I could not find it, but never thought it was moved to this section; thanks for everyone who give his input.

I just want to express my feeling about NTW expansion.