Thread: Failed to read Censored word dictionary file: data//chatfilter.san

Default Failed to read Censored word dictionary file: data//chatfilter.san

This is the error that comes up when i start the mod with alexander expansion pack from steam. I did every thing said in the installation thread. Any suggestions?
    Think and learn

hannibalcaesar's Avatar Mostly Retired Modder

Default Re: Failed to read Censored word dictionary file: data//chatfilter.san

copy the chatfilter.san file from your alexander/data folder to the regular data folder.

Ok that worked thank you, but now there's a different error:

Unable to find skeleton 'fs_s1_semi_fast_archer'
    Think and learn

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

You installed the mod incorrectly, had you installed it properly all those files would be in all the correct locations.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

I have the same problem as The Dragon, and I copied chatfilter.san from alex/data to regular data folder, but I still can't run the game because this problem...

Same issue and yes I copied the chat_filter.san file still the same error.

Same error but let me clarified something. I have the Alexander Steam version 1.91.

1. There is no chatfilter.san inside alexander/data folder. There is a chat_filter.san.
    2. If I copy chat_filter.san into alexander/data folder the same error appears but instead of saying chatfilter.san now it says chat_filter.san.

And yes, I follow the instructions bellow.

Here are the complete installation steps for RS 2.5 using thisinstaller.1Have a clean RTW install (that is, no mods installed in it or anymodified files) patched to 1.5, plus any add-ons as applicablepatched to 1.6 for BI and 1.9 for ALX.If you are unsure your install is clean, the best thing to do is to tryto start a campaign.2Copy that folder, and paste it to the location of your choice.Do NOT put it in the Program files !(For Steam users who haveno choice, be aware that you may encounter some issues with thelauncher.)The best thing to do is to create a new folder at the root of yourhard drive (C:\ usually) called games, and copy/paste the RTWfolder there.The resulting path would be C:\Games\RTW.3Check that inside this RTW folder, you have the exe(s), as well asseveral folders including data.You might want to rename the RTW folder to something like RomaSurrectum II.The new path is going to be C:\Games\Roma Surrectum II.4Double click on the installer called Roma Surrectum 2.5.exe (youmight not see the .exe part if you have the file extension viewdisabled in windows).5Once you the installer asks you where to install RS 2.5, you'llhave to click on the "Browse" button, and select the RomaSurrectum II folder we have just created. Click ok.Under "Destination Folder", you should now see the correct path,that is in our case : C:\Games\Roma Surrectum II.If you are in the least bit unsure about the installation path andthis step, it is highly advised that you follow exactly the steps asdescribed above.6Now click on the next button, and change the default name ofthe Start Menu item if you so desire.It is advised to leave it as it is.7The mod should install itself, as well as create a shortcut on yourdesktop.You should now be able to play RS 2.5.

-You need a clean RS 2.5 install, either 2.0 + 2.5 patch, or the 2.5
    installer. You should be able to install the 2.6 patch over your
    current install, but if you encounter any issue, please attempt a
    clean install.
    -Download and extract the 2.6 patch.
    -Open the patch, and go the directory where you can see several
    folders, including "data" and "Play_***" folders.
    -Copy everything (ctrl-a then ctrl-c)
    -Open your RS 2.5 install folder, and go to the directory with "data"
    and "Play_***" folders, as well as the game exe(s).
    -Paste everything (ctrl-v). When asked to merge folders, answer
    yes; when asked to overwrite files, answer yes.
    -You now have a functional RS 2.6 install!

We are going nowhere here.
    Last edited by miguel11; October 18, 2014 at 10:20 AM.