Thread: NVC - Napoleon Vanilla Combat

Default NVC - Napoleon Vanilla Combat

Hi everyone,

I finally got round to making my first mod which started off as a personal one but decided to release it to everyone because they might also enjoy it.

Napoleon Vanilla Combat v0.9
    I'm releasing this as a beta for you guys to test and enjoy. Its still not finished as I intended to make the shooting realistic as muskets of the era were inaccurate. As the forums were offline, I only had EiC (Europe in Conflict) v1.0 as a guide to achieve similar shooting and wasn't able to ask for help, so its a slight request if you modders could please help me get this part of the mod sorted.

What does my mod do?
    It basically keeps maintains vanilla N:TW however with slight changes:

-Light Infantry now form squares
    -2 line skirmish to all infantry (might need double checking). Ammo has been compensated for this.
    -Fewer General Staff. I play on ultra settings including army size, so on ultra this is reduced to 12 men. I have not tested this on lower settings.

AI is the same and unit sizes are the same (except generals).

Compatibility with other mods seems to work, the mods i was using at the time of making it were:
    Primergy's Grass mod
    blood_only mod
    no tracers
    realistic explosions (no airburst)
    radious sound mod

Installation

Download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?nwmzc2nkou5 (really sorry, the upload wasn't allowing me to add the zip )

Download and unzip the mod files to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data' folder.

I use the Mod Manager to play mods, and that definitely works, however for user script, i'm assuming it is 'mod "napoleon_vanilla_combat.pack";

I apologise for a possibly rushed post, and will re edit this with greater detail and full instructions, and proper credit to the mods mentioned.

and modders please help me with getting the shooting worked out.

Thankyou

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: NVC - Napoleon Vanilla Combat

Add in fire by rank and I am there

Jezza i probably will add it in, maybe two versions or something where you can choose, but at the moment I would really appreciate some help to get the shooting done to make it a finished piece.

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

nice ^^

A 1500-1680 Total War FTW!!!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Thanks for sharing this with us all. One heads up - we found with NER that reducing the general units in size is more realistic, it makes them very susceptable to being killed should you use auto-resolve. Just FYI.