Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Napoleon: Lines Of Battle and Minimods Collection

Default Re: Napoleon: Lines Of Battle

I have a question. I want to get rid of all the smoke and white powdery stuff because it's lowering my FPS. What parts do I have to tweak in order to do that? Is there an easy way I could just turn it off?
    Last edited by tenjouten; July 17, 2010 at 02:19 AM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

The smoke mo should increase your fps as it reduces the musket smoke (which accounts for around 50-60% of all particals with this mod).

If you really want to open the mod with pfm and delete landbattle.xml

Artifex

Put up a v0.2

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

good stuff. your mod is easily my favorite mod right now. nice and simple. great combat. funnest battles i have had in a while!

Thanks for the help, now my FPS is fine again. Just another question, I tried accessing the uai_unit_stats_land to tweak with the stats a bit but I keep getting an error message using PFM 1.5.7. Are you using PFM to access this or is there some other program you are using? Thanks.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Nice work! Enjoyable battles. Still find casualty rates very high and fast (but from above that seems to be the mod's intention) and most units seem to fight to the last man or two (again, perhaps that's your intention?). Still suggest removal of F&A - the AI gets hung up with it and with the game playing at these speeds and kill rates there's no need for it anyway. Also suggest removing the Light Infantry super stakes which are just out of place in this period. let alone comical in the speed they are erected.

Fun mod though! Thanks, as ever!

Artifex

Have you actually seen the ai use fire and advance, i havent with this mod?

I just cant seem to be rid of the damn thing. I have removed the ability from the class, removed it from the units removed the technology and it still appears...

And @Tenjouten look on the thread simply called pack file manager in tools made by the vicar NOT erasmus. On about page 13 there is a pfm which opens the new unit stats land.

Ok i want various reactions to possible removing stakes and gaibonnades from artillery.

Also reducing the square bonus a tad?

Also how would you feel abotu some cavalry having pistols?

I was thinking generals and heavys (no firing while moving though).
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; July 18, 2010 at 05:56 AM.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Josst,

I have not seen Fire and Advance used in your mod by any AI unit. So perhaps it's gone, even though it shows up under technology.

I like the idea of generals having pistols.

Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Josst View Post
    Ok i want various reactions to possible removing stakes and gaibonnades from artillery.

Also reducing the square bonus a tad?

Also how would you feel abotu some cavalry having pistols?

I was thinking generals and heavys (no firing while moving though).

Iffy on removing stakes and gaibonnades.

Square bonus reduct slightly is meritable.

Cav with Pistols sounds divine! Always felt they were missing it. Charging in pistols blazing at short range them swords drawn!

Generals with pistols for sure. Dismount ability for Generals as well. Very fun to see your General boldly strutting around behind the lines. This was a great feature of Dogmeats Tyrant mod.

As far as no firing while moving, if it's giving them pistols I think might as well let them fire on move. At least with reg cav and generals. maybe not heavy's if it's too much for one unit's power. Short range anyways i'd think around 40-60?
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Ducenarius

Just started a new Penins Campaign with GB with LoB.

This is compatible with your performance mod correct Josst? Seems to be. I've got both loaded and my machine seems to be a little happier than when I was running BSM and other stuff before LoB. One irk though is my musket smoke is almost entirely gone, tons of barrel flashes hardly any smoke. Is this LoB or Performance or a combination of the two because I'd like to maybe get a little bit more smoke back if it doesn't kill my fps too much.

Battles are great. Unit sizes very nice and make for a better balance between them. One notice after a couple of smaller battles is kill rate vs line regs. Almost seems faster than vanilla. I saw a reg take 17 kills from initial volley of French Fusiliers of Line at max range. And that was an original start up 160 man reg vs my LoB 200 man reg. Is the higher kill rate because of larger unit sizes?

great mod tho, enjoying thoroughly!

Oh, any thought to increasing cannon ranges a little since musket ranges were pushed up?
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Artifex

Thanks for the feedback!

The smoke mods should add more smoke and improve fps so i cant see how your seing less?

Killrates are supposed to be high yes though at long ranges patheticly low to give the ai more of a chance.

V0.7 will be out tonight if all goes well, if nt on the 9th (im going on holiday, sorry).

Good idea on the cannon ranges, will do that!

Prince of Darkness's Avatar Campidoctor

The best mod I ever had (and it's only my second mod). Only slightly different to vanilla but adds much in depth and realism. +rep until I can't give you more.
    WARNING:
    The comment above may contain offensive material that may or may not be appropriate for people above the age of 18. The guidance of your children is advised unless you press the green little button with a plus under the avatar.
    Please, please, PLEASE, god... If you give us back Freddie Mercury, we will not only give you Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus... We will give you the whole disney realitystarcrew!!!
    And if you're wondering if it's worth to give up your favourite artist, then we'll throw Jay Z and Lady Gaga in the pool too

I noticed that the Kdm. of Italy, Poland, and Bavaria are playable in custom battles. Thks. Btw, can you release an alternate version of double-rank fire, the attacking AI suffers a lot of casualities.
    WARNING:
    The comment above may contain offensive material that may or may not be appropriate for people above the age of 18. The guidance of your children is advised unless you press the green little button with a plus under the avatar.
    Please, please, PLEASE, god... If you give us back Freddie Mercury, we will not only give you Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus... We will give you the whole disney realitystarcrew!!!
    And if you're wondering if it's worth to give up your favourite artist, then we'll throw Jay Z and Lady Gaga in the pool too

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Francesca View Post
    I noticed that the Kdm. of Italy, Poland, and Bavaria are playable in custom battles. Thks. Btw, can you release an alternate version of double-rank fire, the attacking AI suffers a lot of casualities.
    What do you mean an alternate version?

You mean a version without it?

Quote Originally Posted by Josst View Post
    What do you mean an alternate version?

You mean a version without it?
    Well, I found out that I'm more used to the three-rank firing version after playing a custom battle.
    It's nighttime here, and hopefully I can report a feedback tomorrow.
    WARNING:

Artifex

Oh this version is normally three ranks i think?

Anyway i will have to change that when i get back as i dont have time now.

Artifex

V0.36 is out before i go away. Left 0.2 up incase of some gamebreak ctd which i have not noticed...

Ok my feedback (I only listed the points that can be readjusted, I will not list the good points because it will take forever):
    Battles sometimes lag in double speed mode. (Not a big deal, only a bit strange while waiting for the enemy)
    Chasseurs a Cheval are overpowered now because they have 90 men now and can still fire on horseback. (I suggest remove their fire on horseback)
    Light infantry can form square and in light infantry formation simultaneously. Which cause a weird scattered square. I suggest remove the form square ability when in light infantry behaviour.
    Morale sometimes varied. I have seen cuirassiers fighting a square and still fighting despite only have 4 men left. But some dragoons fled despite having 40 or so.
    Overall morale was too high. I suggest to increase the morale penalty without friendly units nearby.
    Can you make an alternate version with tracer effects?
    The casualty rates too high. Friendly fire is great. One of my dragoons got wipe out by one volley of three-rank friendly fire.
    Cavalry are too weak. With the three-rank fire a frontal charge is 100% suicidal.
    The AI sometimes reshuffle their lines too frequently.
    WARNING:

Hi josst, nice work on the mod, but i am noticing wooden stakes and defences on horse artillery (which you said you removed in the new version). I pretty sure i have the mod installed properly, any suggestions?

Hello

I am playing as the British with only this mod installed and on the battles, all troops are wearing white. Both mine and the French. Cavalry, Infantry, everything. The first battle I play after loading a game is usually ok, but during the campaign at some it all gets corrupted. Any ideas?

Thanks

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast