Page 660 of 660 FirstFirst ... 160 560 610 635 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660
Results 13,181 to 13,185 of 13185

Thread: World of Tanks - General Discussion

empr guy's Avatar Equites Alares

Default Re: World of Tanks - General Discussion

I'd say about 80% of games any given player could make decisions that are incredibly better, whether that wins the game is debatable but the sooner you make a mistake the sooner you've potentially thrown the game. (e.g. you dont shoot an enemy with 20 health so you can get more damage shooting a full health tank, he escapes and kills 5 tanks)

Honestly though, blaming the teams, is the most sensible thing to do, given the nature of this game, if a team loses, it loses not because of one single player.
    that is very untrue, no matter what tank or what team you have a chance to win the game, and every mistake a player makes compounds, such as my example above. If it's the teams that dictate winning you must ask yourself why some people have 40% wr and why some have 70%, obviously they get the same teams because every team is terrible (on average), so it must be player related yes?
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Knight of Heaven's Avatar Equites Alares

that is very untrue, no matter what tank or what team you have a chance to win the game, and every mistake a player makes compounds, such as my example above. If it's the teams that dictate winning you must ask yourself why some people have 40% wr and why some have 70%, obviously they get the same teams because every team is terrible (on average), so it must be player related yes?
    Im not saying players dont have an ifluence in it, of course they have, yet its a team versus a team, its not 1 versus 1, and individual influence is more highlighted after a certain good amount of games wich translates to their win rates.

that is very untrue, no matter what tank or what team you have a chance to win the game
    You have always a chance to win a game, obviously, and you only need to click the battle button for that, but chance deals with odds, and not always the odds are favorable, depending on the tank, and team, and your own performance at that given time, i win much more with certain tanks, then i win with others for instance, so there is a clear diference over a certain number of matches. WoT its quite an unbalanced experience as player vs player is concerned, probably one of the most unbalanced online PvP games out there.
    There is alot of variables at play. Usualy life is made much harder more often then not in this game, that is why it frustrates a great deal of people.

Its the same thing, blaming a individual football player, because of his football team defeat, its totaly absurd, there is no doubt the existence of players carrying teams, but most of times that alone isnt enough from my experience.

I'd say about 80% of games any given player could make decisions that are incredibly better, whether that wins the game is debatable but the sooner you make a mistake the sooner you've potentially thrown the game.
    But i agree. One can always be better, so does the rest of your team. Its how it goes.
    Take an example, you have your whole team lemming away to one side, in a standard match, can you win that match? in theory yes, but is far less likely. And that happens more often then not.
    A good player will lose less, specialy if he is in a platoon with other good similar players, but even so that isnt automaticaly a given.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 27, 2014 at 04:10 PM.

"Mandadores de alta finança fazem tudo andar para trás, dizem que o mundo só anda tendo à frente um capataz"
    Zeca Afonso-Os Índios da meia praia

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

For anyone who has missed this. There is a free gift tank available but you need to log into your account between 1st and 7th August 2014.

It's a Japanese T2 Light tank - even if it's rubish you can convert it into some credits and a free garage slot!

See the official thread: here

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

hellheaven1987's Avatar Praefectus Cohortis
    Somewhere snowing... This damned holiday...

So what is the Stronghold feature about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Hea View Post
    The only reason why Charlemagne came into this at all is because Hellheaven thought it'd be a fun way to troll some byzantophiles.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    So what is the Stronghold feature about?
    I think you need an active clan with many players to participate - so it's not for TWCers.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Thread Information