Page 662 of 662 FirstFirst ... 162 562 612 637 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662
Results 13,221 to 13,231 of 13231

Thread: World of Tanks - General Discussion

empr guy's Avatar Equites Alares

Default Re: World of Tanks - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    After three years of playing I conclude tier 4 is worst tier ever to play.

what, but thats what tier the glorious amx 40 and b1 (?) are at!!

on a side note: ing pubbies man

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

hellheaven1987's Avatar Praefectus Cohortis
    Somewhere snowing... This damned holiday...

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    what, but thats what tier the glorious amx 40 and b1 (?) are at!!
    That is because you have not tried the glorious French tier 4 TD yet; then we have other garbages like M3 or that German heavy. What really makes tier 4 quite frustrated is the player base and power difference however; even the quite powerful tanks such as Matilda is just an annoyance for tier 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Hea View Post
    The only reason why Charlemagne came into this at all is because Hellheaven thought it'd be a fun way to troll some byzantophiles.

Tankfriend's Avatar Equites Alares

Quote Originally Posted by GhirYear View Post
    As for the stronghold mode, it is a bit less demanding than you depict it, Tankfriend:
    • For tier VI stronghold battles you only need 7 players. But opposing teams are so bad you can easily smash them with 6. Tier VIII requires 10 players, tier X a full team. But tier VI could be possible for TWC if you really try?

Well, we could manage Tier 6 in theory, if (very big if) any players would actually be around regularly again. It's kind of funny when you can't even field 7 people, anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    That is because you have not tried the glorious French tier 4 TD yet

Oh God! The horror!
    then we have other garbages like M3
    Well, I don't know what the Lee is like now, but ages ago (in the good old days *sniff* ) I found it to be acceptable good despite everyone claiming it to be garbage even back then.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; August 18, 2014 at 07:22 AM.

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Well I got back into WoT after TF's post about the conqueror, just had to try it out and now that I got the top gun (thanks to the X5) I must say it's quite enjoyable

Was playing war thunder and other games for a while but I have to say that wot is just alot more rewarding when u manage to win a game. Definitely with all those tomato's out there

You could say that while WarThunder is the better and more comfortable game to play from a technical standpoint, it simply doesn't throw as much at you as WoT: There's only very little random element, and the players are either generally a good deal better than those of WoT (my guess: smaller number of players = less total morons), or it's easier to balance out their mishaps with good play on your part. As a result, it's playing more comfortably, but you also need to put in less work to shine. And we all know that less challenge tends to cause less reward felt by you.

Besides, the way the gameplay works in WarThunder also makes it very easy for good players to totally dominate the enemy when they know what they're doing. Afterall, you usually only need one good shot to knock out your enemy, and good players have a very clear advantage in getting the first shot and making it count. It's different in WoT, where hitpoints and random system give you a lot of leeway to work with as a mediocre or bad player, as even good players sometimes just get some of those bouts of bad luck where everything that should normally be guaranteed to murder their targets fails miserably.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; August 18, 2014 at 01:58 PM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Legatus Legionis

Is it worth installing? I like the sound of 1 hit=1 kill kinda system.

empr guy's Avatar Equites Alares

It's a different style then wot, some people love it, I dont like it. The controls were very clunky for me and the one hit kill was great unless you weren't driving a t-50 or the premium t-34 because then you had to memorize armor layouts to pen stuff. Even if you have a gun that pens everywhere you can hit non critical sections of tank, so you can damage modules and crew but afaik the tank will never be destroyed.

It's been a few months since then so the balance is probably completely different, definitely worth a try if you like tank games.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Well, I don't know what the Lee is like now, but ages ago (in the good old days *sniff* ) I found it to be acceptable good despite everyone claiming it to be garbage even back then.
    In tier 4 battle M3 is fine, but you are powerless once you get into tier 5 battle.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    The only reason why Charlemagne came into this at all is because Hellheaven thought it'd be a fun way to troll some byzantophiles.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I managed to get a top gun once in my M3 Lee. Just use it like a very large TD.....

I've stopped playing WT Ground Forces in SB mode - the teams seem to be on the small side and I can't stand Kariela. I have trouble on most maps as I can see a red dot on the mini map but even when it seems to be right in front of me I can't see the thing. I've not played the air florces more than a few games since they compressed the tiers from 20 down to 5. Also to find that they've allocated my research points to the highest planes and left big gaps between what I've already researched and these final planes.

Did they make some of the new planes fully researched? In the following image I was researching the Mig-9/L but for some reason the Yak-15 and Yak-17 are fully researched:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As for WoT I've recently been playing some game mainly in my support tanks (lights, TDs and SPGs) and it's really awful now. I do play mediums and heavies every now and then but some players are clueless. The encounter battle on Himmelsdorf you need to take the hill in force but with some others holdng the base. Most game see everyone run off and leave a few tanks on the hill and they get surrounded and destroyed. The rest of the team is then picked off one by one as they've been flanked.
    Last edited by Brusilov; August 19, 2014 at 02:26 AM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    The encounter battle on Himmelsdorf you need to take the hill in force but with some others holdng the base. Most game see everyone run off and leave a few tanks on the hill and they get surrounded and destroyed. The rest of the team is then picked off one by one as they've been flanked.
    The best plan for that map is 50/50 split now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Is it worth installing? I like the sound of 1 hit=1 kill kinda system.
    It's free, so by all means try it out. The game itself is pretty good, but it does take some major re-learning of gameplay. Many things that work well in WoT can get you killed easily in WT and vice-versa.
    For instance, take peek-a-boom. It's pretty much a no-brainer in WoT, but it can easily get you killed in WT. In WT, you don't have a "stabilized" sniper view/aim, so every little rock and bump you drive over throws off your aim physically, not just the imaginary reticle/random dispersion. Tanks also take a little while to actually stop when moving, and they also rock back and forth a good deal when stopping quickly, which also throws off your aim. Add to that that aiming and turret traverse are noticeably slower than in WoT, and you can guess that, by the time you manage to readjust your aim on your target and fire, you're probably already dead. So when using peek-a-boom, you have to be extra careful of the circumstances you're doing it in.

On the other hand, the usual one-hit KO means that you can, when the circumstances permit it, play extremely aggressively. Outflanking a whole group of enemies and taking them out all by yourself is very much possible when you've got the right situation and tank at hand.

Another thing you have to be aware of is that ammunition works very differently in WT than in WoT. Different types of shells will also behave very differently from each other, instead of just penetrating x mm of armour and doing x number of hitpoints damage. For instance, in WT, you could shoot your enemy in the drivers viewport with HEAT ammo all day, and he'd probably stay alive and well except for the driver, and maybe some drive components at the front of the tank. That's because HEAT ammo only penetrates a very short distance into the tank, and, hence, has a very low chance to do further damage inside the tank other than what's immediately in its path behind the armour. Compare that to an APHE shell that penetrates the armour and explodes inside the tank, and... yeah, that's usually an instant knockout shot.

And one more thing: If you play the German tanks, you'll be frustrated. There's no other way to put it. Early on, they are just totally outclassed by their Soviet counterparts in both armour and firepower. You simply have to work your way through these until you get the first long guns on the mid-level Panzer III, IV, and StuG III. Once you've got those, they're generally on par or better than the Soviets.

Edit: Almost forgot this one. The first battle you win earns you a free low-Tier premium vehicle, iirc. Which one you get depends on which nation and which category (tank or aircraft) you play, so if you're out for the tanks, I'd suggest playing the Soviets first. A premium T-26 is just way more useful than a premium Panzer II with its useless 20mm gun. Unless you want to get through the early Germans as fast as possible, of course...
    Last edited by Tankfriend; August 19, 2014 at 07:28 AM.

Thread Information