Page 650 of 655 FirstFirst ... 150 550 600 625 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 LastLast
Results 12,981 to 13,000 of 13081

Thread: World of Tanks - General Discussion

Lenin Cat's Avatar Pili Prior

Default Re: World of Tanks - General Discussion

Can't waot to enjoy the public test for the first time. I will get myself a IS-7 and my life will be complete.
    YOU CAN NOT HAS CHEEZBURGER UNTIL ALL CATS CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER!

Originally Posted by StealthFox
    This thread is not about centaurs, humans with horse heads, or sleeping with horses.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lenin Cat View Post
    Can't waot to enjoy the public test for the first time. I will get myself a IS-7 and my life will be complete.
    I'd try out the IS-4 - I think it's the better vehicle.

Maybe try both....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

empr guy's Avatar Equites Alares

Quote Originally Posted by Ciabhán View Post
    Len and I have been playing a bit lately. I do believe we're the only two on the US server at all these days.

I play a few games every now and then on NA, but clan wise you're probably all that's left, basically no one was ever on a year ago when I left.

And yes you really might as well try out all the tanks on the test server, I don't want to worry you, but the IS-7 is somewhat past its prime.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Tankfriend's Avatar Equites Alares

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    I'd try out the IS-4 - I think it's the better vehicle.
    Maybe try both....
    Yes, better try both to find out which one's more for you.
    Then again, don't trust any "tests" you do on the test server, because a lot of people tend to just spam gold ammunition there. You can get a good general feeling of the tank, but performance-wise, it's all greatly skewed, especially in the armour department.

CameliasCat's Avatar Libertus

Hi,

Thank you Gharirey for the few games tonight, it was nice to play again, even if I was a bit rusty
    Best wishes, CC

Hi All,

Unfortunately, its been two weeks since I joined the clan but still yet to actually play a game with anyone from the clan. Had a couple of very short chats, the odd phantom vanishing trooper, other than that - its been grave.

*smells own armpits* *checks face* - nope all is ok.
    yep - two arms, two legs..... :p

I log on around 10pm-11pm or shortly after, most nights, sometimes earlier, sometimes not at all. I guess its similar same for you all too

If any one would like to join me in a platoon, fight the good fight, have a bit of a laugh, reverse backwards across the field in a tank wearing giant undies with a 100 red flags on top and loud speaker speaker playing nellie the elephant...
    then PLEASE DO

Sadly, if no one is available to start playing regularly, I will be pushing on, flags, underpants, nellie and all.

Best wishes
    Last edited by Brusilov; March 08, 2014 at 06:07 AM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by CameliasCat View Post
    I log on around 10pm-11pm or shortly after, most nights, sometimes earlier, sometimes not at all. I guess its similar same for you all too
    That's a bit late to be honest unless it's on the weekend and some players may be around still. Usually by then the frustration limt has been reached and most players have given up for the day to preserve their sanity.

I'd suggest trying to get onto WoT earlier if you're really interested in platooning.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Lenin Cat's Avatar Pili Prior

Dear diary,
    I had a lot of russian fun with my new friends Tankfriend the Britspeaker and CameliasCat the Silent. Never had so much fun in a platoon before and I think I will soon get to Tier VI by playing with friends like them.
    Thank you a lot TWC Clan!

Lenin Cat
    Glorious!
    YOU CAN NOT HAS CHEEZBURGER UNTIL ALL CATS CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER!

Originally Posted by StealthFox
    This thread is not about centaurs, humans with horse heads, or sleeping with horses.

Tankfriend's Avatar Equites Alares

Tankfriend the Britspeaker
    What's with that nickname?

Knight of Heaven's Avatar Equites Cohortales

I dont login for a while, mostly because, my premium did run out at the end of january, and i have been playing a few other games instead.
    Having lost of fun with batman Arkham city ( hadnt played the game before, if you belive me), and a bit of The walking dead game. They are both amazing games.

"Mandadores de alta finança fazem tudo andar para trás, dizem que o mundo só anda tendo à frente um capataz"
    Zeca Afonso-Os Índios da meia praia

Citizen

If you're using some mods I suggest you have a read of this FTR post: here

Although this happened on the NA server it appears as if there is a crackdown on the EU server as well.

From the linked web-page

Current banned mods on both EU and US servers:

- 3d hitskins
    - laser pointers
    - defoliants (leaf and tree removers)
    - falling tree (and destroyed object) detector
    - enemy reload timers (not sure here)

I think one of the many mods I had included an enemy reload timer (I wasn't looking for it but it did come with some other mods I was using) but as I no whave JimBo's mod that's not there anymore.

There is also a thread discussing this on the official WoT forum: here

rip sela, he didn't deserve a perma, but the mods he was using were ridiculous.

(also lol @ people on ftr; "that fking stat padder deserves it", joke being that sela is 10x better then him regardless of mods)

edit; looks like it got changed to a week long ban, but seriously if you're using mods like this

don't stream them working in a CW match (or better yet dont use them)
    Last edited by empr guy; March 08, 2014 at 01:32 PM.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

_Suetonius_'s Avatar Hastatas Prior

Quote Originally Posted by CameliasCat View Post
    Hi,

Thank you Gharirey for the few games tonight, it was nice to play again, even if I was a bit rusty
    Best wishes, CC

Hi All,

Unfortunately, its been two weeks since I joined the clan but still yet to actually play a game with anyone from the clan. Had a couple of very short chats, the odd phantom vanishing trooper, other than that - its been grave.

*smells own armpits* *checks face* - nope all is ok.
    yep - two arms, two legs..... :p

If any one would like to join me in a platoon, fight the good fight, have a bit of a laugh, reverse backwards across the field in a tank wearing giant undies with a 100 red flags on top and loud speaker speaker playing nellie the elephant...
    then PLEASE DO

Sadly, if no one is available to start playing regularly, I will be pushing on, flags, underpants, nellie and all.

Best wishes
    Hey Camelias. Because I had a school holiday I played very often previous weekend and the first few days of the past week. I would start playing at 9 am, play some more games in the afternoon and would finish playing at around 10-11 pm, usually in a platoon with Ghar and Louis. You could say that I was on the whole day. I thought I might have been able to catch, but sadly, nop. Seeing now that you're logging in pretty late in the evening I doubt that we will be meeting eachother on a regular basis since school, going out in the evening and just doing other stuff in general prevents me from doing that. Maybe I'll see you some time in a future weekend, I hope so.

Ciao for now.

sander454's Avatar Hastatus

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    If you're using some mods I suggest you have a read of this FTR post: here

Although this happened on the NA server it appears as if there is a crackdown on the EU server as well.

From the linked web-page

Current banned mods on both EU and US servers:

- 3d hitskins
    - laser pointers
    - defoliants (leaf and tree removers)
    - falling tree (and destroyed object) detector
    - enemy reload timers (not sure here)

I think one of the many mods I had included an enemy reload timer (I wasn't looking for it but it did come with some other mods I was using) but as I no whave JimBo's mod that's not there anymore.

There is also a thread discussing this on the official WoT forum: here
    I found the whole idea absolute pile of garbage. And here is why:

1. How they will detect illegal mods? All the mods are installed on my PC, so if both myself and Brus posted here pictures there will be quite a difference between them as both using different mods. I don't believe they will install something on your PC to scan it and then send report to WG, as that would be illegal too. Also that would start a snowball effect why WG can't detect bots if they can detects mods on your PC.

2. Following Q1 - some of those cheats like mod which allows you to see where enemy is pointing atm is just extra few lines of code that can be added to Locastan mod - how they will detect it? Will they ban all minimap mods altogether? As I haven't got mod with enemy reload time I can't say about mechanics that this mod is using but I would guess the actual code can be added to Locastan mod as well.

3. Which mods are banned? Yes we do have vague list but it seems that WG itself have no idea what they should use. Also why pernament ban straight away? I believe if someone is using it first they should have a chance to remove it, as often this is a part of whole modpack.

4. And lastly - to be honest with you almost every single mod can be classified as giving you unfair advantage - so you actually risk getting permanban just because one day someone in WG will wake up and decide that mod that you're using is illegal.

To give example I'm running atm following mods:
    Aslain full modpack - the following parts of xvm mod (which is included) can be classified as unfair advantage:
    a. Mod allows me to see which tanks where spotted already
    b. xvm shows me what type of gun and turrets are being mounted on enemy tank
    c. can see enemy stats with total amount of battles on particular vehicle
    d. part from MeltyMaths sight mod which shows me value of armour when pointing towards enemy

Locastan HD minimap:
    a. last enemy position
    b. name of enemy tank
    c. view and radio range

Custom radial menu:
    a. I can send message when spotted
    b. I can inform others about my reload time

Rabbit damage panel:
    a. can see how long it takes me to repair module

Locastan better wagon mod (can't remember exact name):
    a. I can see much better obstacles on the tracks - very helpful on quite a few maps

Oxmaster custom icons:
    a. can see enemy armour values, max penetrations and hp

Received Damage mod:
    a. can see if enemy is using gold or standard shells

Extra zoom mod:
    a. I have zoom of following values: x2 x4 x8 - can easily add another values

Gun constrains mod:
    a. I know if I can move my mouse without actually moving the whole tank

Custom skins:
    a. tanks look different and can be easily recognised - When I started I used Krasnaya Zviezda mod with hitzones before I learned where are the weakspots of most of the tanks

As you can see all those mods separately maybe don't have that big advantage value but combining them together is completely different story. So should I be banned for using them?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Praefectus Cohortis
    Somewhere snowing... This damned holiday...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by sander454 View Post
    So should I be banned for using them?
    Yes, should receive permanent ban as well.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; March 16, 2014 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Hea View Post
    The only reason why Charlemagne came into this at all is because Hellheaven thought it'd be a fun way to troll some byzantophiles.

Quote Originally Posted by sander454 View Post
    3. Which mods are banned? Yes we do have vague list but it seems that WG itself have no idea what they should use. Also why pernament ban straight away? I believe if someone is using it first they should have a chance to remove it, as often this is a part of whole modpack.
    For NA http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....3#entry6769963 , they are roughly the same server to server afaik even if there aren't published lists, but really just use common sense; does this give me an unfair advantage? If yes, don't use it.

4. And lastly - to be honest with you almost every single mod can be classified as giving you unfair advantage - so you actually risk getting permanban just because one day someone in WG will wake up and decide that mod that you're using is illegal.

To give example I'm running atm following mods:
    Aslain full modpack - the following parts of xvm mod (which is included) can be classified as unfair advantage:
    a. Mod allows me to see which tanks where spotted already
    b. xvm shows me what type of gun and turrets are being mounted on enemy tank
    c. can see enemy stats with total amount of battles on particular vehicle
    d. part from MeltyMaths sight mod which shows me value of armour when pointing towards enemy
    a)You can already tell which tanks are spotted, hold ctrl, click on a tank on the enemy list, and its icon on your minimap becomes a gold color. Obviously not as fast as the mod but it;s literally the same thing.

b) the gun is sketchy but you can already tell what turret is mounted on a tank, the HP and turret model itself are very noticeably different.

c) Stats reflect how someone plays overall, not game to game. In any specific game some 40%er might have the game of his life and a 70%er might derp 2 minutes in, because of this xvm is not as useful as it appears at first.

d) This is pretty big advantage when you're facing tanks yo haven't seen before, but afaik theses kinds of mods don't take into account sloping/angling or tell you stuff like dont shoot HEAT at tracks, so not exactly game breaking.

Locastan HD minimap:
    a. last enemy position
    b. name of enemy tank
    c. view and radio range

Custom radial menu:
    a. I can send message when spotted
    b. I can inform others about my reload time

Rabbit damage panel:
    a. can see how long it takes me to repair module

Gun constrains mod:
    a. I know if I can move my mouse without actually moving the whole tank

These are all in the game client anyways, mods just change presentation style if anything,.

Locastan better wagon mod (can't remember exact name):
    a. I can see much better obstacles on the tracks - very helpful on quite a few maps
    I have no idea what this is but sounds like something people playing on terrible computers would use becuase they cant render the maps, not exactly unfair.

Oxmaster custom icons:
    a. can see enemy armour values, max penetrations and hp

Received Damage mod:
    a. can see if enemy is using gold or standard shells
    armor values and if the enemy is using gold aren't going to help you at all, theres already an icon thats supposed to display if you can pen or not, but if you can't aim it doesn't matter. Max pen is stretching it imo but again if they can't aim or you're in a paper tank it doesn't matter. People using these mods are terribads anyways.

Extra zoom mod:
    a. I have zoom of following values: x2 x4 x8 - can easily add another values

Custom skins:
    a. tanks look different and can be easily recognised - When I started I used Krasnaya Zviezda mod with hitzones before I learned where are the weakspots of most of the tanks
    Tank weak spots are not helpful at all to someone who isnt bad, unless you're using the 3d kind (banned) actually hitting the module is RNG, which was already the case. And if you actually have time to aim in at the module you want and hit it enough times to get the module damage, stop shooting afk tanks.

Zoom mod can be useful i agree, not game breaking in any way and I don't even use it. (free cam is ofc game breaking)

As you can see all those mods separately maybe don't have that big advantage value but combining them together is completely different story. So should I be banned for using them?
    If there is a published list of mods on your server then yes, perma for using them. If they are not published but still retardedly game breaking then a week ban for first offense is fine. If it's warpack then go yourself with a cactus and never play again.

1. How they will detect illegal mods? All the mods are installed on my PC, so if both myself and Brus posted here pictures there will be quite a difference between them as both using different mods. I don't believe they will install something on your PC to scan it and then send report to WG, as that would be illegal too. Also that would start a snowball effect why WG can't detect bots if they can detects mods on your PC.

I really cant understand this reasoning; they can't ban everyone using them so they should act like it's fine to use tools that ruin their game? (And no anti cheat software is not illegal, most/all succesful MMO's use some form of it.)

@emprguy
    I think you miss my main point. I listed my mods (all of them completely legit and having their own thread on wot forums) just to show that there's a very thin line between mod being classified as a big and unfair advantage to ones that are not.
    And my main question is still the same - how they will detect them, especially if some of them are very similar to legit ones?
    And if that is possible how WG can claim it is impossible for them to detect bots? Hmm maybe the answers is that it is because bots are usually buying premium account?

send from my Note 2. Apologies for any grammar and spelling mistakes
    Last edited by sander454; March 17, 2014 at 05:59 AM.

I think even if you can't stop something remaining silent is basically endorsing it, it's up to players to use them or not but WG is basically forced to tell people what isn't acceptable (although they sure took their sweet time getting around to it).

I agree some mods that are questionable are very close to the banned mods, but afaik there aren't any allowed mods that are going to make up for lack of skill.

Libertus

HELLO (This is for someone to add me in the clan)

Hi, I am Reirtig and I am very new to TW forums. I am ok at WoT I guess, what with only 1,600 games but I like to think I am pretty good, although I make some horrendous mistakes still
    Last edited by Brusilov; March 17, 2014 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reirtig56 View Post
    HELLO (This is for someone to add me in the clan)

Hi, I am Reirtig and I am very new to TW forums. I am ok at WoT I guess, what with only 1,600 games but I like to think I am pretty good, although I make some horrendous mistakes still
    Hi mate and welocome to our clan.

send from my Note 2. Apologies for any grammar and spelling mistakes

hellheaven1987's Avatar Praefectus Cohortis
    Somewhere snowing... This damned holiday...

Well, just don't use mods and you are safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Hea View Post
    The only reason why Charlemagne came into this at all is because Hellheaven thought it'd be a fun way to troll some byzantophiles.

Thread Information