Page 663 of 663 FirstFirst ... 163 563 613 638 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663
Results 13,241 to 13,252 of 13252

Thread: World of Tanks - General Discussion

Aquilifer

Default Re: World of Tanks - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Yeah, scouts are kind of a dead category right now. There's too few maps that allow for long-range scouting (your primary job, afterall),

[...]

The autoloader lights are still decently useful (though sometimes requiring spamming gold ammo, which is just silly), but the rest? Not that enjoyable to play.
    When you don't need scouting on many maps any longer, light tanks have to start dealing damage or they are useless. I rebought a few scouts recently and am playing them as auxiliary damage dealers (unless I get one of the few remaining vision maps). You can get pretty silly results. My record in the MT-25 is now at more than 2500 damage (at 85 hp per pop that took a lot of shells).

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Well, if you platoon with people roughly your own skill level, it should be boosting both. You bring more skill to the team, but neither outplays the other and takes the lions share for themselves.
    It very much depends on the skill level. In a two player platoon there should always be enough damage. But if you platoon with two other very good players, it can quickly become a scramble for damage. The main advantage of a platoon is that you have reliable backup and are thus likely to remain alive longer when pressed hard which will allow you to deal damage longer. However, if you press the enemy, capabale platoonmates will eat up damage that you could have secured for yourself with less capable teammates.
    In short: platoons will even out your games. You will have less outliers (fantastic games become rarer just as atrocious games should).

hellheaven1987's Avatar Praefectus Cohortis
    Somewhere snowing... This damned holiday...

All right guys, so what type of skills/perks you usually have for your crews in what type of vehicles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Hea View Post
    The only reason why Charlemagne came into this at all is because Hellheaven thought it'd be a fun way to troll some byzantophiles.

empr guy's Avatar Equites Alares

6th sense on everything always is a good first step. Seriously.

this is the most extensive general crew skill guide (also includes equipment) i've seen, the author garbad is a jackass but a very good player. Some will come down to personal preference and play style, but some ideas (like camo over firefighting on an E50) are just wrong.

also I had stopped playing but "hey the fv medium will be replaced with a good tank and theres a 1% chance you can get a free premium tank" has me doing at least doubles every day, rip me... (also EB2 CTD's every end turn)
    Last edited by empr guy; September 08, 2014 at 04:36 PM.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Ferdiad's Avatar Legatus Legionis

EB2 is stable if u insall if right.

well you'll have to inform the EB2 team their installation instructions are wrong... (really it runs fine if it's windowed, it's just that it's like half my screen so the game looks super compressed, if I try to resize the window I can't interact with the game at all anymore)

Also, the cent 1 with the second engine, feels like i'm driving a T34 around :/ otherwise it's a pretty comfortable tank...
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

hellheaven1987's Avatar Praefectus Cohortis
    Somewhere snowing... This damned holiday...

For a medium Centurion is ridiculously big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Hea View Post
    The only reason why Charlemagne came into this at all is because Hellheaven thought it'd be a fun way to troll some byzantophiles.

oddly enough it still doesnt feel as fat as the T69, maybe because it's shorter

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Dομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    For a medium Centurion is ridiculously big.
    True Cent models are 5% biger than they should be.
    Also WG uses MkI as basis but with the 83mm gun the tank is actually MK3-5. That means that the frontal armor should reach 100mm (1955 upgrade programme).
    Also for some reason WG does not follow the "rules" that made its self and announce after patch 0.7.1
    That rule explained that the rate of fire depends of gun's caliber and the size of the tank's turret plus for game play reasons mediums should have sligtly better rof than same tier/same size and same guns heavy tanks.
    Lets see...E50 has 10% smaller turret mass (dimensions) and has 6 rounds per minute rof.
    Centurion Mk7/1 has 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The excuse (from idiotic defenders of WG and not WG itself) that I hear is that this is a direct result of the gun's penetration.
    That rule does not exist though because Indien PZ with smaller turret and same gun caliber plus 35% better penetration abillity has better rof comparing to Pershing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So....what WG systematicaly does is to create imaginary tanks or failed prototypes that are much better than battle proven tanks.
    About penetration abillity and rof: All those "defenders" of WG tent to "forget" that armor is not the crusial factor that keeps a tank allive!
    Hit points (life) is!!!!!!!!!!
    Chat Bat has almost same life with M48 despite the fact M48 has twice the mass and weight of that failed prototype!
    All WG autolaoders do not have any % of direct hit explode on their clip (that alone made them dangerus for their crews and was the main factor they failed as tanks).
    The 1st fully protected clip was developed in T80U. Other fully protected clips were developed in Japan and later for Leclerc!!!!!!!
    So...when a M48 confronts a Chat BAT NEEDS 2 MINUTES to kill it while Chat Bat in that time launches 8 shells!!!!!!!!
    Autoloaders can "load" while on move. That make "normal" tanks useless!!!!!!!!!
    In the two minutes a M48 fires at that scout a Chat Bat has kill TWO M48s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where is the game ballance here???????????
    Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    oddly enough it still doesnt feel as fat as the T69, maybe because it's shorter
    T69 is another game ruiner!!!!!!!
    Its a same that real tanks are crap in a game that was suposed that created for them!!!!!!!!!!
    Watch the TGC's features revealing videos here.
    There are times in which a nation must, if it wants to stay great, be capable to fight .Even with no hope of victory. Only because it has the "duty" to fight!.

T69 with HEAT is imba.

I'm just sorry I waited until after the HEAT nerf to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII
    So...when a M48 confronts a Chat BAT NEEDS 2 MINUTES to kill it while Chat Bat in that time launches 8 shells!!!!!!!!
    Autoloaders can "load" while on move. That make "normal" tanks useless!!!!!!!!!
    In the two minutes a M48 fires at that scout a Chat Bat has kill TWO M48s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where is the game ballance here???????????
    From your patton stats I'm going to go ahead and assume you sit out in the open getting clipped by auto loaders, trying to dpm them down after it not working the first 600 battles. At that point regardless of game balance you are bad, and need to reevaluate your game play at the most basic level, although since you keep randomly posting about how much you get owned in your m48 i'm going to assume you can't. (and auto loaders get huge reload times, m48 does not. If you can't leverage that advantage don't try to take on bat chats by yourself)

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Has anyone managed to get onto the WoT Test Server and tried out some of the new lights?

I played several of the USA ones and the RU251 and found the T49 quite fun so long as you can get out of the firing line while your gun (152mm derp) takes ages to reload.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

T49 is poor, RU252 good, LTTB good, T-54-l meh

Thread Information