Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: +Terra Sancta+. Announcement/first preview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    =Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Default +Terra Sancta+. Announcement/first preview

Terra Sancta (from Latin, in English "Holy Land"), is an attempt to make a mod set on the crusade era, but not strictly focused on it, but also on neighbour regions.

The map, start date, factions and unit rosters are not completely defined, but my idea was to create a mod that cover almost the same area of the crusades campaign, start date around 1170/1187, with an expansion to the north and to the west, in order to include factions like Georgians, Cumans and maybe Bulgars. I don't want to include at first all 3 crusade state of the period to simplify the things, but only the Kingdom of Jerusalem and Principality of Antioch.
    My idea is not to create a mod based on a defined plot where there is no alternative to the conflict between Christians and Muslims, but to create also the possibility of alternatives of a situation of harmony between them, maybe through the partial alliance between a crusade state and a Muslim one, in order to bring peace in the "Terra Sancta", a situation that other Christians/Muslims could hate, and can bring war between people with same religion. I wish to create the possibility of alternatives for the players, also ones that can not be totally historical accurate, but, in my opinion, can improve the gameplay.
    I don't want to create a mod that "follow history" (but with the initial conditions and other elements like units as historically accurate as possible) , and i don't want to use invasive scripted historical event like in the crusade campaign that do not leave any choice to the player and decrease the replaybility of the campaign, about the Mongol invasion... I'd like to create a system of probability that make that sometimes it can happen, sometime not, and when it happens it can happen in different place or dates, in order that the human player, not knowing with certainty what will happen, will not prepare itself before the invasion like it happens in vanilla and many mods. About the language of the mod, i would like to create it in english and in italian.

I started working on the mod on the last months of 2009, then I left because I was busy on other modding activities and for other problems. Now i have decided to resume the working on it, unfortunately i have discovered that i completely lost a month of work (mostly work on Byzantine units, coding and 2d art) during the reformatting of my pc that was not previously backup, and this hurt me a lot.
    I think i have good skills and i have experience in many camps of modding, but i'm currently alone and i'm really, really aware of the difficulty of crerating a mod (i have been the principal creator of the italian mod "Bellum Crucis" thin vs 5).
    I'm aware that i can't do much alone, but i don't want to open officially recruitments for now, since i don't have much time to manage this (i think also i'll not do much of work during this summer). Maybe we can talk about this in the upcoming autumn/winter, if big problems will not occour and if i'll find people that can be trusted, with skill and time (really hard thing!) maybe i will continue on working on it. I have decided to do this preview in order to let people know of its existence and to let them to post suggestions and information that can be useful.
    I have a lot of work of my creation that can be reused in this project (2d gfx, skins,models, campaign map/landscape textures etc) but need to be improved.
    I want to give a big thank to FedeIta (some elements showed, like laces on shield, shading on barded horse, are his creations), RobertBruce (for some tips he gave me about order units),Renjard and to Mtwitalia community.

Here are some screens.

Some templars (mounted, dismounted early and late templars, templar sergeants)

Antioch Knights

Georgia Monapsa Knights and Georgian Levies

Mamluk askaris (not mounted)

Hospitaller Knights

Here are some banner, from 1 to 11.

If someone want to use it, place this code in your sig: change the X of bannerTSX with the number of the banner you want

HTML Code:
    [url=http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=371240][img]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/CaesarVastator/bannerTSX.jpg[/img][/url]

PS: sorry for my english, it's not my first language, not even the second!

Ciao!
    Last edited by =Vastator=; July 11, 2010 at 04:06 AM.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Default Re: +Terra Sancta+. Announcement/first preview

Great models and textures. + rep

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Just wow
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

Amazing models and textures!

Great work!

Bagatyr's Avatar Campidoctor

Witch reagions will be ?.As i see manly crusades and arabs

The models and textures, hell, everything looks fantastic for one guy's work. You may be alone, but being skilled at the same time in all kinds of modding areas is great!

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Those looking stunning

This is trully impressive Great job man!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Excellent work. Really superb units!

excellent zbrush normal maps +rep

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Excellent work, I loved how their clothes were all rugged

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Excellent work +Rep. I Like it very much
    Vencerei não só estes adversários mas quantos a meu Rei forem contrários

MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF y2day

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

Amazing units +rep
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

DragonsWarrior's Avatar Senator

great units

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

man those are some of the best M2 units i have ever seen, very realistic!
    +rep

Outstanding work here!
    +rep

EVYATAR's Avatar EvyatarNevoDesign

really great units! awsome normal map too!
    my favorite unit it the Antioch Knights
    R.I.P Blackomur | The Shadow of Ishtar | Proud to be israeli
    My Tutorial | My Workshop | I.A.F Web | 2D Artist & Skinner

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Wow, looks great! For the Byzantines, why not just use CBUR troops, to save you time on creating a brand new roster there?

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Wow, looks great! For the Byzantines, why not just use CBUR troops, to save you time on creating a brand new roster there?
    I don't know, but i have create for Bellum Crucis 5 (it's in the released mods with english tradution) a brand new roster for byzantines, it has not the same quality of these units, but i could do a work to improve it.

@absinthia
    "Crusader ambitions" in my opinion has really too many factions. This can cause serious problems in campaign map and more factions means more work.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by =Vastator= View Post
    I don't know, but i have create for Bellum Crucis 5 (it's in the released mods with english tradution) a brand new roster for byzantines, it has not the same quality of these units, but i could do a work to improve it.
    I suggested CBUR because it is by far the most historically accurate Byzantine roster available in all Medieval2 mods, and the amount of research and work that's gone into it cannot be faulted. Your mod though, so your call.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast