Thread: Display / graphic issues in NTW

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Display / graphic issues in NTW

Hello all,

Briefly, this is my issue. I bought NTW today (late to the party) and got everything up and running. When I load the battle map everything looks great, except for the fact that my user interface and map keep blinking constantly which, you can imagine, is a severe distraction. So I tinker with my settings (very high settings) and my resolution.

When I elect to sample a new resolution, the map reloads, and the problem is gone, whether I keep a new resolution or go back to the previous one. Problem solved? no. The next time I go into a battle, the problem persists. I change resolution, etc, problem solved again. This I could live with if I had to. The problem is I can't change my settings at the start of an online match which, again, is extremely annoying.

Is this a compatibility issue with my hardware? Is there a patch I missed to remedy this? I'm simply lost, as I'm oblivious to tech issues. In fact I'll post my hardware (which my friend built just a week ago) if that will help.

i7-930 quad core
    X58A-UD3R motherboard
    Radeon 5670 1gb gddr5 vid card
    6gb ddr3 Crucial memory
    Monitor: View Sonic 2323wm

Any help is greatly appreciated.

NC

Default Re: Display / graphic issues in NTW

This is vanilla NTW, btw. No DLC added.

For future reference, technical questions should go into the 'Technical Help' sub-forum. Never heard of your specific issue, but I would suggest updating your video drivers. The latest drivers for your card are the Catalyst 10.6 drivers, which can be obtained at http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx. NTW is by default automatically updated when you log onto Steam (if there are any updates available), so it's unlikely that you've missed a patch for the game.

Are you only running into issues with NTW? No other games are exhibiting any problems? Also, if you alt+tab out of the game then tab back in, does that 'correct' the problem as well?

Monsieur, there appears to be a problem with your Unicorns.

MeenChawitTH's Avatar Miles

(Sub-Off Topic) Is it on steam? latest update?