Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Squalor getting you down? - This will help!

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Squalor getting you down? - This will help!

Yes, it modifies the same file therefore making these changes null and void if you install it.

Quote Originally Posted by fierywokbar View Post
    Good little fix. I'm going to get on this ASAP. Though question, is it really squalor that does this? Doesn't distance from capital and religion cause serious issues as well? Just saying, I'm playing as the Franks in BI and Egypt of all places is rioting and soon to revolt.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=795
    To answer your question; Yes it really is squalor causing the ridiculous public order.

As you might have noticed, vanilla BI already has some additional public order buildings in comparison to RTW vanilla. For example stone walls give a hapiness bonus and the academies give law bonus. I think they made the changes because the statue of zeus wonder isnt in BI. in vanilla RTW every wise player would first make sure to have captured the statue of zeus before expanding to the other side of the map.

I tried to find a way to counter the distance to capital stat but without any luck so far, although i did notice that constructing paved roads and highways reduces distance to capital stat, but this could just be a coincidence.

The reason i removed the pop. growth bonus from the markets is because i gave much bigger public health bonusses to sewers and aquaducts etc. this in effect boosts your population so if you also have market pop. growth bonus the game's unbalanced again.

Anyway, fierywokbar

Did you play BI with the squalor fix? if so do you have any suggestions or ideas on how to make the building stats more balanced?

Cheers

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Bump?

Thank you so much for this. It's fantastic to be able to focus on expanding the Empire, without worrying about a city on the other side of the map revolting due to an unsolvable problem.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by fierywokbar View Post
    Good little fix. I'm going to get on this ASAP. Though question, is it really squalor that does this? Doesn't distance from capital and religion cause serious issues as well? Just saying, I'm playing as the Franks in BI and Egypt of all places is rioting and soon to revolt.

Question though.

Will this in any way cause issues with Player1's bug-fixer patch?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=795
    Yes, but here's a fix:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ABJFTQwL

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Zheng View Post
    Yes, but here's a fix:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ABJFTQwL
    And here's a mirror:
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/F00F12DAEDC24E7B

I merged the two thing so you get the less squalor and the bugfixes

Squalor can indeed be a pain...

But a 20k city still growing with +5.0 population growth?
    Last edited by iLeeT_PeeP; January 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Interesting Fact?
    Only the emperor or triumphant generals could wear all purple, anybody else doing so would be killed.

Sword, Spear, and Shield Mini Mod Version 2.8

by iLeeT_PeeP

I noticed that I never really had squalor problems after I started approaching enemy settlements with the intent to exterminate then level the religious buildings. Even on H campaign dif.
    Bactrians will be Big 8. "Farther East" means Bactria.
    After the Iceni reveal expect the unexpected.

Could somebody please give me detailed instructions as to how to download and implement this into my game? Do I need to unzip anything or what?

Specifically, I go to click on the second V2 file and it won't download it just goes to a GIF page and I can't copy and paste anything. Help please?

T..t.t.t.hank.y..y.y.ou i..a.a..gree manageing..s.s..squalor.....in.....b.b.b.ig cities...is...i...impossibole *squees and gives OP a marshmellow*

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprecht View Post
    Hey all, This is a modified export_descr_buildings.txt file that changes the effects of buildings to counter Squalor and also making City micro-management more fun and fluent.Changes:Governors villa, governors palace, proconsuls palace, imperial palace upgrades now have a Law bonus due to Governance.Wooden wall, stone wall, large stone wall, epic stone wall upgrades now have a Happiness bonus due to Security.Academy, scriptorium, ludus magnus buildings now have a Law bonus due to Education.Sewers, baths, aqueduct, city plumbing now have a Happiness bonus due to Hygiene and cleanliness.Odeon, lyceum, theatre, stone amphitheatre, urban amphitheatre, great amphitheatre now have increased Happiness bonus.This effectively balances out the excessive squalor in RomeTW.Just copy the file into "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\data" Make sure you backup your original file before hand.Although most of these buildings are universal, i may have left out some faction specific buildings, which i will look into. Hope you enjoy a more sensible and less frustrating campaign. Edit: Added addition building effects for Carthage - Egypt -Barbarian factions:Tavern, bardic circle now have increased Happiness bonus.Execution square, secret police hq, secret police network now have increased Law bonus.
    I can't download the file, all that comes out is a blank page. Help please? I need this fix.

HOTCOCOS's Avatar Laetus

If i download it. It only says attachment.php

To folks having trouble downloading this, I'm pretty sure both links work fine and the files are intact. They seem to download fine for me.

If you are still having trouble, you can simply edit the file yourself using instructions on the lower half of the first page of this thread.

Happy pillaging to you all.
    Signature by Lucarius.

thanks man it helped a lot,muaach muaach

Me gusta! I shall cherish this mod

Thanks alot guys, does this work for BI expansion or it isn't needed?

I cant find where to copy it, i downloaded the game on steam? Does that change something??

Any chance to have a ''lighter'' version of the squalor fix?
    It's ridiculous to have Huge city with 40k citizens and 180% happiness at very high tax rating

Is it only me that can't see any links in op? Can anyone reupload if it's gone please.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast