Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Naval Supremacy V2.0 UAI!

Default Re: *** 0.95 released*** U-AI Mod For Campaign and Battle Ai

I can report that this AI was a _MASSIVE_ disappointment! In one battle it allowed me to destroy the AI troops in detail (i.e. kill each regiment one by one). In the second battle I was defending a town, and the AI didn't even attack! All it did was basically march in circles! The art was also constantly limbering & unlimbering...

OH, nvm that earlier post. It appears that the town thing was a classical AI feature from vanilla.

Well I personally didn't think the battle AI was all that good (though I may have installed it incorrectly - I had some old AI mod files there that weren't activated thru user script) though better than vanilla.

is this mod require change in user.script

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

No, just plug and play

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by darth_irta View Post
    is this mod require change in user.script
    All material in this post is property of The Hedge Knight (THK), you may use if for personal use but are forbidden to copy, modify or redistribute the file without express permission of THK.
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; November 09, 2012 at 11:54 AM.

Artifex

Ok who is the cheeky devil that decided to download my secret groupformations testing files .

And around ten others. Feedback, as ever, appreciated.
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; August 29, 2011 at 08:28 PM.

Artifex

Default Re: * 1.00a released - Formations!* U-AI Mod For Campaign and Battle Ai

And we are back.

Default Re: *Formations! 1.00a released* U-AI Mod For Campaign and Battle Ai

Hope you dont mind naming the formation file HK_formations.pack in NER release files. I finally written everything down and posted the files, thank you for letting me using your formations. Battles are much better, no longer every battle is same as with vanilla where it was so easy to stretch AI and destroy it one by one as it tried to get unit from other end of insanely long line to attack my units... Now player HAD to think and improvise to rapidly changing situations..

Artifex

I have no problem at all, i like everything being open .

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

looks very promising.anyone have any feedback concerning the AI and its capabilities concerning the new formations???I recall non linear formations being a bane of AI competency in Empire,therefore I wonder how it adapts here.

not sure who said that, but this formation pack works marvelously even in ETW. I'm using it right now with my ER:R2 mod.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    not sure who said that, but this formation pack works marvelously even in ETW. I'm using it right now with my ER:R2 mod.
    no no I did not mean this new pack had conflicts in Empire,only that some of the original vanilla formations in Empire gave issues,which was why some AI modders just went fr the straight line to begin with to avoid unit collision and leap frog issues I trust this issue does not arise here

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    no no I did not mean this new pack had conflicts in Empire,only that some of the original vanilla formations in Empire gave issues,which was why some AI modders just went fr the straight line to begin with to avoid unit collision and leap frog issues I trust this issue does not arise here
    I've no try it yet...but this is also my fear...

Artifex

I would say it generally works well and is way more interesting than the single line x 1000.,

problem is not the formations, its the fire drills. AI has issues to work properly with fire by rank or platoon fire, because those animations require all soldiers in the unit positioned. but because sometimes one or few soldiers are stuck somewhere, (or their animation is stuck) entire unit will not fire until those stranglers are back in formation... That is why I removed all fire drills from my mod long time ago, and I believe it is the same reason why CA ditched them in NTW too.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

A new UAI? :O Yes!

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    A new UAI? :O Yes!
    I always wanted to do a 1.00 with new formations.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Awesome, love the formations

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    problem is not the formations, its the fire drills. AI has issues to work properly with fire by rank or platoon fire, because those animations require all soldiers in the unit positioned. but because sometimes one or few soldiers are stuck somewhere, (or their animation is stuck) entire unit will not fire until those stranglers are back in formation... That is why I removed all fire drills from my mod long time ago, and I believe it is the same reason why CA ditched them in NTW too.
    Yeah fire drill are awful, no 1 reason i removed fire and advance from the mod

Why every time I try and draw a striaght line with my troops, it always staggers them?