Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Naval Supremacy V2.0 UAI!

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: (V 0.5) Universal AI Project

The simple answer is no i cant tell you how i acheived it. Patience and testing is all i have to offer as an anwser.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

This gets a thumps up from me, as a long time user of Luntik's battle AI mod, this is a nice alternative, and I certainly recommend it. The AI really put nice pressure on my flanks.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Luckylewis♔ View Post
    This gets a thumps up from me, as a long time user of Luntik's battle AI mod, this is a nice alternative, and I certainly recommend it. The AI really put nice pressure on my flanks.
    Agreed. This may well be the best battle AI to date, IMHO. Not only good on offense, but on defense as well. I tried parking some cavalry screens at distance from the AI's flanks and the moment my cavalry threatened the AI's flanks, his cavalry responded quite... forcefully.

Artifex

Thanks guys.

Ill take a look into the cavalry problems as far as i can tell they mainly appear when the armies have a high percentage of cavalry.

The real problem is the ai likes to use its units anf the only way it 'thinks' cavalry is viable is a direct charge as they have only one attack.

Any way to get JUST the BAI changes? Do people find that blobbing and leapfrogging have been minimized in this?

Artifex

Blobbing died as did fire and advance which was the main cause of both blobbing and leapfrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Josst View Post
    Blobbing died as did fire and advance which was the main cause of both blobbing and leapfrog.
    Yes, I always mod out F&A but your mod has taken care of leapfrogging too? That's great. I'll try it.

Just tried the mod. Unfortunately, I can't say that blobbing and leapfrogging have been eliminated. I did a custom battle on Waterloo map. The AI line infantry were constantly maneuvering through, around and into each other. It was a mess. This is by no fault of your mod though...it's a vanilla issue that CA will never fix.

Artifex

Waterloo is a very very ai unfirendly map because of the terrain.

Like you I too am not a fan of large mods and much prefer specific minor mods so I can pick and choose more easily the features I want in my game.

Because of this I would suggest that you separate the CAI and BAI into 2 separate mods since there are a couple of other CAI only mods around and we can then pick and choose which one we want to use.

I am very please to see the BAI work since Luntik's mod is the only other one around but I believe has a few flaws and is no longer being updated.

Do you know if this is compatible with Swiss Halberdier's AUM mod ?
    Last edited by andypuk; July 15, 2010 at 07:11 AM.

Artifex

The entire point of this mod is compatibility, its fully compatible with aum. I wont seperate the cai and the bai as it makes it much harder for me...

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Now I understand when you talk in universal AI when I request permission to use your mod. I never saw this thread,what a great idea.

Artifex

its fine anyway mate .

Josst,

Do you know if it is at all possible to mod the AI to leave the field earlier? That is, when it takes, say, 30% casualties, or whatever, march the remaining troops from the field, rather than wait until every single unit is routed.

I THINK I have seen the AI march from the field once or twice in campaigns? If so, there should be something that can be tweaked?

Thanks,

SH

Hey Josst, since this mod uses parts of NOW's BAI, I was wondering if I could ask a favour in return. Could I use this mods CAI, as I haven't done much for NOW's CAI, and I saw this as a great oppertunity!

Let me know, cheers, MB
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Artifex

Sure thing mate .

Im going to try and get out a new version today fixing the cav charges, i may have found the problem...

Artifex

Default Re: (V 0.6) Universal AI Project

V0.6 is up. Have cavalry improved for you?

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Tried this mod in my european (French) campaign today. Couldn't see anything on the CAI (only played a couple of turns) but the BAI used some interesting tactics, like using columns to advance to the front line and fired a lot before trying to engage me in melee. Had a lot of casualties because of that.

Cavalry though did the usual thing, which is that usually it starts fighting on a flank, and then the cavalry at the other side of the flank crosses the battlefield in front of all my line units, getting slaughtered in the process.

When I have the time to play again, I'll tell you if I see other stuff worth noticing.

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    Tried this mod in my european (French) campaign today. Couldn't see anything on the CAI (only played a couple of turns) but the BAI used some interesting tactics, like using columns to advance to the front line and fired a lot before trying to engage me in melee. Had a lot of casualties because of that.

Cavalry though did the usual thing, which is that usually it starts fighting on a flank, and then the cavalry at the other side of the flank crosses the battlefield in front of all my line units, getting slaughtered in the process.

When I have the time to play again, I'll tell you if I see other stuff worth noticing.
    keep playing the campaign it'll get better.
    The last french campaign I played with this mod britian launched two naval invasions and both nearly took Paris. There would have been more, but I counqered britian. And cav has never tried to cross my line with this mod.

Artifex

Im afraid im going away two weeks tommorow but i will be back and modding afterwards.

Give that other ai mod a chance .