Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Naval Supremacy V2.0 UAI!

Default Re: Naval Supremacy V2.0 UAI!

Good stuff Hedge. Thank you.

Thank you for your work.

UAI interests me most but I am also interested in larger units and the effects offered by LOB, but I notice UAI is more updated and developed, so that LOB likely doesn't have the same standard of CAI.
    What will happen if I extract both LOB and UAI 2.0 to data? If this is a problem, how can I have the best of both?

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

You should be able to extract merge and repack with no problems, just delete the UAI unit_stats_land.

Thank you for your reply.

So I downloaded ETW Pack File Manager and extracted lob.pack to a folder, then extracted the uai.pack to the same folder, overwriting everything except uai_unit_stats_land.
    Then I made a new pack, added the extracted files and saved as uaimerge.pack.

You reckon this will be stable to put in /data?

(I'm not very savvy to these things...)

I did what I just described above.

There was no UAI badge on the main menu and gameplay appeared to be entirely vanilla.

So I've made a mistake, but where?

This is a great mod!I'm playing sweden on very hard/hard and its 1812 but I've got still problems with the ai!With the mod you aren't playing a half year and then you have 30 regions or something else, so big thanks for this mod.

But the cause i'm writing that is how (and where) I can change the data.pack file that the ai occupies buildings in the battle or to set the priorities for barricades higher than the horsetraps? I've changed already the behaviour of the campaign ai that they build more forts (sardinia gots 300000 Money and had no fort) so I'm not that new to this theme, but I didn't find it yet.
    Hopes you can help me. (I'm not english so excuse my grammar)

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

No way to change that I know of, sorry!

Yes okay. Ist maybe locked from CA.

But another little question: what does the kv in kv_rules mean?Are those tables for the whole Bai or only for some Special things?

mostly special things impacting game rules..

I wonder a littlebit how this game works. Sometimes I think that a randomizer is a better the word for this ai. Do you have also these that states like Portugal never, NEVER, build a fleet? If I'm playing, Great Britain (the biggest Trading nations) has no trading point.Also, some nations in late game have nothing to build or recruit, have a economy of over 300.000 and are to stupid to built some forts, etc. i made many things to make fortifications more attractive. But still with a price of 4000 no forts in sight.In the campaign ai managers the values for the fortification things are twice as big as normal.I ask me if there is a blocade from the game (for example prussia: they have a port but never a fleet).Have you any experience with that?

I have now found a few resolution for the problems:
    Fort maintanance: if you want forts set the value to 600 or 1500
    Fleets for minor nations: all those nations had no military port, so you have to make Briggs and sloops(or anything else)
    recruitable with a trading port.
    I've also changed the recruitment values of cav,art and light infantry to a historically accurate worth and increased the ai behaviour to recruit russian Jägers, because the russian armies had only their musketeers.

finally an ai mod that doesn't break the game and turn all my british generals into spanish speaking "revolutionary guards!"

thanks hedge ;D

Keeps on crashing on me. The only other mods I'm using atm are Radious unit unlocker and general andy's musket sounds.

Was crashing with Bran's ai but default mod works.

Is this work with Bran BAI ??

Where is the ing link..

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusSeptimius View Post
    Where is the ing link..
    Dude the file is on the first page of this thread, it is attached so you can download it.