Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Naval Supremacy V2.0 UAI!

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: Naval Supremacy V2.0 UAI!

Either. France generally hangs back and builds up but it should be in russia by 1809

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Either. France generally hangs back and builds up but it should be in russia by 1809
    Great, thanks. So I should expect France to try to walk through Austria to get there? I have been battling France in Wutemburg, looks like they could take 3 stacks there and crush me if they wanted, but it keeps going back and forth.

Come to think of it, if they Break through my front lines, I have nothing there to stop them.

Artifex

Here is a pretty typical test.

So I started my Russian campaign on Hard/Hard with Hedge's mod. Looks pretty good so far. Spain Naval invaded me in Tartary. I had to chase them through the Russian countryside to finally defeat them. They have marched a stack into Courtland too.

Finally, a campaign where Britian is active. They have taken Brittany and moved a stack accross the channel and fought a bttle just outside Paris where they were defeated. So they had 2 stacks in France at the smae time. Nice to see.

The formations were nice. I fought a battle with Russia and Austria v France. The Austrians moved nicely in column accross the battlefield. The French stayed behind their defense until they started getting bombarded. The French won the battle. The AUstrians got mopped up pretty quickly which left me fighting over a stack of French by myself and I limped away.

Nice work on this.

I have 1 more question. I also have the All Units Mod downloaded. Some of the units only come up with generic names like light cavalry, linantry, etc. He said it had something to do with multiple languages and needing to disable something to see the names. Do you know what I have to do? Any help would be appreciated.

Artifex

Nothing in my mod should affect names as far as I know. Can I have a file list/screenshot of your data folder please.

Good to hear your getting some nice naval invasions as I said you would. How are the land/naval force compositions?

I have my data folder up, how do I take a picture?

Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier
    It is important that you use only one language file at the same time. You have to remove or disable all language packs which are released with other mods in this folder.

You can find the other language files by searching for these examples below. They are mostly called like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
    patch_***text.pack
    patch_***loc.pack
    movie_***text.pack
    movie_***loc.pack
    my_*loc.pack
    ***localisation***.pack

Here is what he said to do in the AUM thread, but I don't quite understand. Your mod is the only one I have in my data file except for AUM.

Artifex

I think you probably accidently have another loc in there by accident. If you give me a screenshot I can perhaps help.

Either that or you have no loc, in which case download this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...0&d=1301926194

Rename is ZZ_Myloc_ZZ.pack* and put it in your data folder.

The renaming is optional but advised.

Thanks alot. that worked like a charm.

Hopefully you and Steph work together on the campaign portion of his mod.

One last question, did you state that Hard/Hard in your mod is the equivalant of Very Hard/Very Hard Vanilla?

Thatnks for your help and work on this mod.

Artifex

It did have a feature where I just switched up the difficulty levels so that anyone who wanted an utterly insane unfair campaign could have one (vh having utterly stupid bonus') but I think I dropped that and never readded it.

It did have a feature where I just switched up the difficulty levels so that anyone who wanted an utterly insane unfair campaign could have one (vh having utterly stupid bonus') but I think I dropped that and never readded it.
    So the hard/hard that I am playing on is the same as Vanilla hard/hard?

If thats the case, I think I will restart the campaign. I had it on hard/hard, but I think I'm about ready to roll.

Can you confirm, because I want to play the equivalent as Vanilla VH/VH.

irish437: why don't you just increase the difficulty in preference file? No need to restart the campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    irish437: why don't you just increase the difficulty in preference file? No need to restart the campaign...
    I'm not familiar with how to do that.

I re-started. The campaign actually starts out pretty simple as Russia. You have just build infastructure until you are pulled into a war.

This time around, seeing some varying results. Austria is actually expanding. They took The kindome of Italy, Tyrol, Saxony and the Papal STates. France then Invaded Southern Italy and took The Papal STates for themselves. First time I have ever seen the boot of Italy Blue.

The Ottomans attacked me fairly early. They took Tartary from me, which revolted and formed the Krimean Carnate. I took the region west of that from the Ottomans and then the region South of that. Somehow the Crimeans already have a stack and a half, so I will have to build up my armies before I can go recapture that. Hopefully France or Spain doesn't break through Poland because all me armies are in the South fighting the Ottomans.

Restarted the Russian campaign on VH/VH.......And its Very hard. Good news is Britain is an ally and actually doing something. They are fighting France in Brittany and have taken Spain which is huge because SPain and French combined armies have rolled through Austria leaving them with only 2 regions. I am tied up with the Ottomans in Wallachia. I have 5 STacks batling the Ottomans back and forth. I thought I was going to take Istanbul. I had 2 stacks within striking distannce, but suffered a crushing defeat in which Kessel was killed and Kutusov injured.

Then Spain showed up in Wallachia with 2 stacks. I drove them back, barely. Hopefully that is the last I see of Spain for a while as Britain will hopefully keep them busy. Prussia is holding their own against France but losing ground. The Austrians had beaten back the Ottomans pretty good And had captured a couple regions before France steamroolled them. I know I will be fighting the French soon, as they have taken Croatia and the region west of Wallachia.

I have to get Istanbul. I need the Universities. At some point I will have to attack the Crimean Karnate, but that is going to be costly, but I need that port back.

My income is really low. Trying to scrounge an Army together in the North in case France breaks through Poland.

Good job with the mod. Lots of fun. Coupled with Aum, its really good.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by irish437 View Post
    Restarted the Russian campaign on VH/VH.......And its Very hard. Good news is Britain is an ally and actually doing something. They are fighting France in Brittany and have taken Spain which is huge because SPain and French combined armies have rolled through Austria leaving them with only 2 regions. I am tied up with the Ottomans in Wallachia. I have 5 STacks batling the Ottomans back and forth. I thought I was going to take Istanbul. I had 2 stacks within striking distannce, but suffered a crushing defeat in which Kessel was killed and Kutusov injured.

Then Spain showed up in Wallachia with 2 stacks. I drove them back, barely. Hopefully that is the last I see of Spain for a while as Britain will hopefully keep them busy. Prussia is holding their own against France but losing ground. The Austrians had beaten back the Ottomans pretty good And had captured a couple regions before France steamroolled them. I know I will be fighting the French soon, as they have taken Croatia and the region west of Wallachia.

I have to get Istanbul. I need the Universities. At some point I will have to attack the Crimean Karnate, but that is going to be costly, but I need that port back.

My income is really low. Trying to scrounge an Army together in the North in case France breaks through Poland.

Good job with the mod. Lots of fun. Coupled with Aum, its really good.
    Nice to hear. Btw you will probably die when the French reach you.

Nice to hear. Btw you will probably die when the French reach you.

Thats OK, I would rather have that than steamroll the AI. If I can take Istanbul, I like my chances. I'll hole up in Moscow and Istanbul with Unicorns and let them come. Only issue is I will probably run out of funds.

Hopefully Britain wreaks some havoc and keeps them occupied.

I like the initial setup formations, but it seems to make the AI mob together and criss cross. In a river battle they were just criss crossing and marching back and forth.

Do you have a version of this AI mod with vanilla battle AI? I want to do some comparisions.

The campaign AI is very good, the best I've seen yet.

Artifex

Open it up with packfile manager (go to the tools tuts and resources bit of the forum) and delete the file called groupformations.bin (click it and press delete).

Thanks for all your help. Where do I find the tools and tuts? I looked but didn't see it.
    Last edited by irish437; February 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

This is for Irish437- My Battle Ai from DMN with Hedge Knight Campaign. -Try it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 24, 2013 at 02:29 PM.