Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Naval Supremacy V2.0 UAI!

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: *Formations! 1.00a released* U-AI Mod For Campaign and Battle Ai

I set multidrag unit selection to have a spacing of 0 by accident, will fix at some point.

How can i use this mod with the all in one mod? All in one mod is good but the BAI isn't the best.

Artifex

You cant really, would have to make a special version but toon doesnt like people submodding all in one.

klesh's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    I set multidrag unit selection to have a spacing of 0 by accident, will fix at some point.

In the meantime, could you tell us where to make the changes ourselves?

For those experiencing this, I have a bit of a workaround:

For infantry, group the units you want to drag out, click formations button, select first formation... it will drag them out in a proper row.

For artillery, group the units you want to drag out, click formations button, select second formation... it will drag them out in a proper row.

Still playing Napoleon:TW

Quote Originally Posted by MuppetGank View Post
    How can i use this mod with the all in one mod? All in one mod is good but the BAI isn't the best.
    I cant!!??? Cant I just over wrtie it in the script file? hmmmm so disapointed.

Artifex

Sorry, because all in one adds new units any overwrite would not affect them.

Artifex

Should have fixed the dragging glitch now.

which file contains the updated battleformations?

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

my guess would be the U_AI 1.00b version.

Artifex

Yes that is correct, or just press the big button saying download .

ok, will test it over weekend, just 58minutes to go and i can go home...

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

its working perfectly now =) thanks alot mate +Rep for you
    :Edit cant rep right now but will rep u as soon as i can.

klesh's Avatar Senator

+rep my good friend, +rep!

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    its working perfectly now =) thanks alot mate +Rep for you
    :Edit cant rep right now but will rep u as soon as i can.
    Goodo.

klesh's Avatar Senator

So I had a go with the non-vanilla version of this, with campaign difficulty set to "omg, where did all these stacks come from?!?", and I have to say, I am having the best N:TW experience I have had to date! No joke. For the first time ever, there has been tons of activity by all the major nations and I, as France, am having to stay on my toes just to survive. I am also using an edited startpos, which simply adds all 9 available marshals to France on turn 1. I'm into early 1806 and I cannot describe all the drama and action that has transpired thus far. Its just super fun and finally an actual challenge!

I think I may add a half-cost-upkeep mod in as well so I can afford to actually field enough armies to defend myself and dare I say, go on the offensive. I usually turtle for a bit and build up a mega-economy, but that's simply not at option with this setting. I love it. Gone are the days of 45k gold per turn with stacks of trade vessels and bribing everyone with 15k offerings. I'm watching every piece of gold carefully, having to plan the spending of every last bit.

I knocked Austria out of the war with a huge victory just NW of Vienna, but without the Russians there. Austria declared war on me several turns later, but all my forces are engaged in Prussia, so Austria has been beating up Italy, whom I propped up by giving them Piedmont. I have recently captured Berlin as well, having ground down probably 10 stacks worth of Prussians in Hannover prior to taking Berlin.

I have my tax rates at their lowest to grow the economy, but I just need more cash, so I might have to drive them up. Seems more sporting than using a half-cost-upkeep mod.

Anyway, yeah, this is a fantastic mod!

klesh's Avatar Senator

Icon14 Re: *Formations! 1.00a released* U-AI Mod For Campaign and Battle Ai

So here is a screenshot of the same campaign as I described above, 12 days later. I did not end up adding a 1/2 cost mod, I just toughed it out. You may notice I also use the Hedge Knight's excellent no-campaign-borders mod for a more natural look to the map.

I put the quality of the screenie down low because I wanted to keep it fullsize.

I think a picture speaks a thousand words at how much fun and drama there has been during this campaign, and I'm only at 1809! Hell, I even fought the Battle of Eylau!

I have been all up and down this map as Austria and Prussia took turns taking their respective beatings from me, then offering peace, then attacking again. I play a game that involves carving out emergent countries and gifting them other regions in order to create a balance of power on the continent. This means coming to their rescue as Prussia and Austria would beat up on my nascent protectorates during their short-lived peacetimes with me.

I have created a true United Provinces, as I have both the Kingdom of Holland and the Batavian Republic occupying the Low Countries (a little experiment to see if they'll have a civil war with each other, they aren't).

Greater Germany is my second attempt at a German powerhouse to replace Prussia. At first I used Saxony, but eventually the Prussians retook all the land and required a quick Imperial whooping. After that, I gave Bavaria to Austria whom I was at war with, then retook it that very turn to create Bavaria, whom I promptly turned into Greater Germany by giving all the German regions that I had just taken back from Prussia.

Poland was also carved from the corpse of Prussia. With coffers filled with French gold and technology, it should be able to compete with a weakened Prussia.

Hungary rose from the ashes of Austria, owning Hungary, Austria proper, Moravia and Croatia. It did well, but between attacks from the Ottomans and a weakened Austria, it too collapsed. I am moving the Grand Armée now to put this situation right. Can you spot my 9 Marshal's stacks grouped together in the screenie?

Awesome mod!
    Last edited by klesh; September 26, 2011 at 09:42 PM.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by klesh View Post
    Can you spot my 9 Marshal's stacks grouped together in the screenie?

Awesome mod!
    Yes. Thanks Klesh!

Sorry but I lost all souns in game after installing your mod. No other modifications, only your formations

Artifex

You have invalid entries in your user.script, delete it. This is not the fault of my mod.

Hi there,
    Don't know but the AI artillery seems to always have problem to deploy... Some stays unlimber and do not fire like in vanilla in fact.

A lot of problems to kill routed troops with cavalry just run together I think it's always the vanilla problem don't know if you did something for that?

Anyway a great mod, just started a french campaign with !
    Keep the great job!
    thanks