Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Zero's Musketry Mod - Dual Rank Fire "As it should be"

Default Zero's Musketry Mod - Dual Rank Fire "As it should be"

Hi guys,

I made a little NTW mod which gives all line infantry, grenadiers and elites dual rank fire. I noticed there was a lack of a mod which does this, without any other modifications or bugs.
    I also took the liberty of adding support for AUM(additional units mod), all credits go to Swiss Halberdier for his great work on these units! I also added support for Conwallis' Austrian mod, as a special request, credits go to Cornwallis for his mod!

If anyone notices a unit which meet these requirements but do not have dual rank fire, than please let me know. The same goes for any bugs you might encounter. All support is greatly appreciated!

Updates:
    Monday 5th of April: changed lines back to Vanilla values, I've seen much improvement doing this.

Tuesday 6th of April: added line version of the mod, this version only gives line infantry dual rank fire.

Wednesday 7th of April: fixed the AUM version, added elite infantry only version. Added support for Conwallis' Austrian army mod.

Friday 9th of April: added 2,5x more ammo to each unit, they were lacking ammo to last long enough in battles.

Installation:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Vanilla units:
    Download Zero's Musketry Mod.rar
    Extract the zmm.pack file into your Steam/steamapps/core/napoleon_total_war/data folder.

AUM:
    Download Zero's Musketry Mod AUM.rar
    Extract the zmm_aum.pack file into your Steam/steamapps/core/napoleon_total_war/data folder.

Line infantry exclusive version:
    Download Zero's Musketry Mod Line.rar
    Extract the zmm_line.pack file into your Steam/steamapps/core/napoleon_total_war/data folder.

Elite infantry exclusive version:
    Download Zero's Musketry Mod Elite.rar
    Extract the zmm_elite.pack file into your Steam/steamapps/core/napoleon_total_war/data folder.

Cornwallis' mod:
    Download Zero's Musketry Mod Cornwallis.rar
    Extract the zmm_cornwallis.pack file into your Steam/steamapps/core/napoleon_total_war/data folder.

All done!

Have fun!
    Last edited by Zerosliver; April 11, 2010 at 08:13 AM.

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Zero's Musketry Mod - Dual Rank Fire "As it should be"

nice little mod mate, good work!

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

Quote Originally Posted by PubliusKhannus View Post
    nice little mod mate, good work!
    Thanks mate! I guess it's working for you than?

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

Yep no issues whatsoever, fun little tweak thanks

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Ruins formations for me removed formations seem to be in a nice line now with this mod they seem to shuffle about and become untidy inline.

Nice mod though .

Question. Do you mean dual rank fire as in the one Thoragoros uses in his Thorized mod?

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Same thing with this mod my lines become almost retarded.

Still using it though then guna switch to fire by rank

Maybe that is becuase I changed the values of file spacing. I'll try and keep them vanilla and see what happens.
    Edit: OK I did some testing, heres what happens. If you keep those neat line formations, than the unit will not have a LOS over the enemy, otherwise hel shoot the brains out of his mate in front of him. Ill try and tweak it and see when the line is the most authentic but can shoot from the 2nd rank when looking straight at the enemy.
    Last edited by Zerosliver; April 05, 2010 at 04:55 AM.

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

what is dual fire?

Quote Originally Posted by THEMIK DK View Post
    what is dual fire?
    In the normal(vanilla) NTW only the front row of units fire. Now the 2nd fully fires with my mod, with occasionaly other rows depending on their line of sight(los).

nice one, could you also make a version where just the line infantry does this ? i very much like the other mod out there that makes Grenadiers and Elites to fire by rank ... gives every kind of unit a specialö behaviour then

Modding zero good to see lol and modding with AUM to nice plus rep from me did you try NTF so you could play your beloved netherlands

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    Modding zero good to see lol and modding with AUM to nice plus rep from me did you try NTF so you could play your beloved netherlands
    Ye, they don't have much units though, kinda boring :/

I'm tetsing different values for file spacing atm, see what's the best. The version I posted now has ranks that are a bit too near each other, I'll try to fine tune it.

EDIT:
    @Croshy, I'll make one for ya. Just hang on.
    Could you specify which units are elite according to you? The data.pack file states some are designated as line infantry whie I think they count as elites.

EDIT2:
    New version uploaded, changed line sot vanilla values again! Hope this makes the lines more tight and orderly, while improving overall line of sight. If anyone could give me feedback on this new version compared to the old one, please do so!
    Last edited by Zerosliver; April 05, 2010 at 10:20 AM.

Tested this one and I find it pretty good. The ranks fire properly in a neat formation.

Quote Originally Posted by tenjouten View Post
    Tested this one and I find it pretty good. The ranks fire properly in a neat formation.
    Ok ty, glad my mod works for you.

If anyone wants a special request, just ask me and I'll see what I can do.

Please provide screenshot.
    SIT VIS VOBISCUM

Well i was hoping to be able to combine your Mod somehow with Radious Fire By Rank mod (EliteV2) I just think it would be very nice if Militia, Line, Elite and Grenadiers all would have a special fire mode. This would also show how experienced they are and how well trained. Maybe you understand my idea since as i see there is still no way to switch between fire modes, isnt there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Croshy View Post
    Well i was hoping to be able to combine your Mod somehow with Radious Fire By Rank mod (EliteV2) I just think it would be very nice if Militia, Line, Elite and Grenadiers all would have a special fire mode. This would also show how experienced they are and how well trained. Maybe you understand my idea since as i see there is still no way to switch between fire modes, isnt there ?
    I am aware of this, do you mean that you want a special version where units specified ingame as 'line infantry' will get 2 rank fire?

Edit: I have checked the pack file of that mod, I will upload your special version tomorrow.
    Last edited by Zerosliver; April 05, 2010 at 04:04 PM.

?? Combining dual rank fire with fire by rank? What kind of fire drill is that going to be? Are the first three lines going to fire by rank while the others fire away like in dual rank fire or something?

Quote Originally Posted by tenjouten View Post
    ?? Combining dual rank fire with fire by rank? What kind of fire drill is that going to be? Are the first three lines going to fire by rank while the others fire away like in dual rank fire or something?
    He means having Line infantry having dual rank fire (1st 2 ranks fire together, 3rd rank don't fire), and
    Radious's mod where Elite and Grenadiers have Fire By Rank.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast