Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Naval Supremacy V2.0 UAI!

Default Re: Naval Supremacy V2.0 UAI!

Thanks Bran. This doesn't seem to be compaitable with my current campaign when I removed HK's and put this in its place. It crashes as soon as the terrain picture comes up on the pre-battle load screen. It will however work if I start a new campaign.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Well at least it works when you start a new campaign. I don't know why it crashes your current one.

Started a new campaign and the Ottomans are giving me everything I can handle. Keeping an eye out for the other nations. Its 1806 and not much is happening, but each campaign is different.

Patrician

Is this a new campaign with the new Battle AI? How is it working out?

The battle AI works good, had some really good battles with the Ottomans. The only question I have, is are you sure that campaign AI is exactly the same as Hedge Knight's? I noticed that in Hedge's AI, the country's names have been updated/changed to like Kingdom of Denmark/Norway, United Kingdom, etc. With your updated AI, they are the same as vanilla. The AI in the campaign hasn't been nearly as active as in my prior campaigns. Can you look into this?

Patrician

Irish I did not touch anything in Hedge Knight mod. I just replaced the Battle Ai and the groupformations bin file. But I think it might be the order to the format so here is a new one with the group formation bin last in the line. Try this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

I did not chance any country names either Irish, that was the localisation file I advised you installed.

Oh OK. Thanks for the clarification. I also installed BUM yesterday and maybe thats why. Its odd though, this new campaign hasn't had much action compared to the last. France seems much more passive and Britain isn't doing much either. My previous campaign, Britain had Spain, the 4 regions North of SPain and Brittany. France had eliminated the Austrians and had the Prussiand down to 2 regions and had taken over all of Italy. The map was basically red, blue, and green.

Do you find that campaigns vary this much with your mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Irish I did not touch anything in Hedge Knight mod. I just replaced the Battle Ai and the groupformations bin file. But I think it might be the order to the format so here is a new one with the group formation bin last in the line. Try this.
    Thanks for all your help, appreciate it.

Getting my arse handed to me. Prussia and Britain aren't doing anything this campiagn. I think I might actually lose a campaign as Russia. Ottomans are really aggressive and I am fighting France, Ottomans and Spain all on Russian soil right now. Its still alot of fun though. Adding all those units from Aum and BUM coupled with this mod has been great. On a side note for the first time ever, I saw the AI use trenches and actually stay behind them. I didn't have any artillery with me, so I charged over the trenches in Courtland and took it back from the Ottomans. The Ottomans have almost reached the gates of Moscow......Hopefully Britain and Prussia will join the cause soon or I'm toast.

Patrician

Hey Irish are you using my Battle Ai settings for this? If you are how are the battles going?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Hey Irish are you using my Battle Ai settings for this? If you are how are the battles going?
    Battles are going great. I'm winning some, losing some. There are no easy victories when the armies are evenly matched. I'll start another campaign soon and see if the campaign AI is different from campaign to campiagn.

Is there anything in this mod that conflicts with AUM/BUM? When I fight the French as the Russians, I get a CTD. It occurs when the battle is loading on the campaign. Would really like to use these unit mods with your mod as it enhances the game quite a bit. Thanks.

Artifex

Perhaps a couple of things, it only focus' on vanilla.

How would one go about knowing where the conflict was? Thanks for your reply.

Artifex

Looking for tables with the same name, the same table entries conflicting in both mods etc. Can't really write a guide on it here.

THK, could you, please, tell me which parts of your mod are related to BAI behaviour?

Artifex

Groupformations.bin, unit stats land, battle entities and entity training levels.

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

I do wonder what groupformation.bin does in relation to your other changes in those db tables. That is, if I tweaked those values in the tables, would that act upset the affect of the groupformations.bin? Are they inter-reliant?

I ask because I DID alter some weapons ranges, movement speeds, and charge ranges, and am noticing a dose of indecisive marching about in the start of most battles.
    lol It's not like I'm holding you accountable for my own manglings, I'm just not knowledgeable on the groupformations.bin contents, and how they relate to the other files.

Or perhaps it's due to my use of 60 units per side in my battles? Do you see your mod misbehaving if the armies are that large?
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; April 11, 2013 at 08:04 PM.

Artifex

Groupformations.bin is pretty much independent of everything else. What does affect it is if you have a huge number of units. Many formations are designed with 20 units in mind so will have say 4 blocks of 6 units then one big block at the back for anything left over. The back block may become oversaturated with too many units and cause the marching about problems. Changing stuff like movespeeds can also affect this to some extent.