Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Final Beta!

Default Re: Final Beta!

Quote Originally Posted by SeekerAfterTruth View Post
    i agree, the exact same thing has happened with mine
    What faction are you playing? I'll check into this, they should be OK.

Meethos's Avatar Civis

I just noticed that playing the French (may be other factions as well, I will check) on the battle map that there are several units that do not have a sound when you click on them. I don't remember them not having one but I was gone for a few days and noticed it immediately when I started playing again. The units that I have noticed so far are: crossbowmen, archers, french archers, french feudal knights (regular ones still says "knights!" when you click them), and halberd men at arms.

I tried reinstalling Mar 23rd RR/RC version with July 1st update and it did not fix it.

Any thoughts? Is anyone else getting this?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

Hi, I have a few questions.
    First Im not certain about where this patch fits in the install sequence but I guessed this is a standalone patch that didnt require me to install the feb28 after installing rr/rc (installed from the links in the stickied topic).

The order of actions:

1. kingdoms to patch 1.5
    2. ss 6.0
    3. ss 6.1 patch (both of those tick boxes (forgot what they were) unchecked)
    4. rr/rc from the stickied topic (ran the .bat file)
    5. this "final patch" (ran the .bat file)

Did I miss a patch between the last two steps?

Some odd things are happening in my game and Im not sure if its not due to a bad install on my part.

• Early campaign "Long goal" is 50 for all provinces yet in 1450 its 70.
    • In 1450 camp norway only holds land in modern day sweden (could be lack of history knowledge on my part but thats pretty messed up anyhow)
    • Spain holds vienna (again perhaps same as last one).
    • Mongols still in the 1450 campaign (ok, history again but I thought the grip of mongols wasnt that strong till then)
    • In my game ERE holds Athens in the 1450 campaign but I noticed that in the Skantarios AAR it belongs to venice in the start (could be just due to changes by patches or him editing the game, I guess)
    • Not sure if the BGR AI is working since the times for ai turns were the same and frankly I just didnt notice all that much more than the ss 6.2 ai.
    • No Baltic campaign

A small question: Why is the early campaign made so tormentously slow at first?
    I played Romans and English. The English had a very boring army setup (the fyrd spearmen, peasant archers (which I found out are next to useless in the latest patch) and hobilars/Maries(? forgot their name) and in the end I just abused all the heavy cav they got in the begining and took all rebels. Scotland had a boring, very cav weak setup too so I could just stomp them without much thought as well.
    The Roman units just confused but thats not a complaint since they seem amazing but I have to grow used to them.

Also another question:
    Campaign difficulty just gives the AI free armies? Challenge is one thing but just free units seem lame and its immediately pointless to harm the AIs economy.
    Combat difficulty gives more morale to the enemy?

Final question:
    How can I remove the songs from some of the factions? From all the "new" music I heard only the MTW1 music was fitting and most of it wasnt even remotely fitting (like pop-ish music and electronic instruments).

Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Meethos View Post
    I just noticed that playing the French (may be other factions as well, I will check) on the battle map that there are several units that do not have a sound when you click on them. I don't remember them not having one but I was gone for a few days and noticed it immediately when I started playing again. The units that I have noticed so far are: crossbowmen, archers, french archers, french feudal knights (regular ones still says "knights!" when you click them), and halberd men at arms.

I tried reinstalling Mar 23rd RR/RC version with July 1st update and it did not fix it.

Any thoughts? Is anyone else getting this?
    Because those are all new units, they may not have sounds associated with them. I could fix that, but it may need files on a PC I loaned to a friend. I will try to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraemi View Post
    Hi, I have a few questions.
    First Im not certain about where this patch fits in the install sequence but I guessed this is a standalone patch that didnt require me to install the feb28 after installing rr/rc (installed from the links in the stickied topic).

The order of actions:

1. kingdoms to patch 1.5
    2. ss 6.0
    3. ss 6.1 patch (both of those tick boxes (forgot what they were) unchecked)
    4. rr/rc from the stickied topic (ran the .bat file)
    5. this "final patch" (ran the .bat file)

Did I miss a patch between the last two steps?

Install Oct30 files, run FILE_TASKS.bat, then install patch in first post in this thread, then run FILE_TASKS2.bat.

Some odd things are happening in my game and Im not sure if its not due to a bad install on my part.

• Early campaign "Long goal" is 50 for all provinces yet in 1450 its 70.
    • In 1450 camp norway only holds land in modern day sweden (could be lack of history knowledge on my part but thats pretty messed up anyhow)
    • Spain holds vienna (again perhaps same as last one).
    • Mongols still in the 1450 campaign (ok, history again but I thought the grip of mongols wasnt that strong till then)
    • In my game ERE holds Athens in the 1450 campaign but I noticed that in the Skantarios AAR it belongs to venice in the start (could be just due to changes by patches or him editing the game, I guess)
    • Not sure if the BGR AI is working since the times for ai turns were the same and frankly I just didnt notice all that much more than the ss 6.2 ai.
    • No Baltic campaign

OK, be aware that the 1450 campaign is a huge unhistorical hack and mostly an excuse to play with late units. I have a long-term plan for a historical 1370 campaign.

A small question: Why is the early campaign made so tormentously slow at first?

How do you mean?

I played Romans and English. The English had a very boring army setup (the fyrd spearmen, peasant archers (which I found out are next to useless in the latest patch) and hobilars/Maries(? forgot their name)

This is (roughly) historically correct for the time period.

and in the end I just abused all the heavy cav they got in the begining and took all rebels. Scotland had a boring, very cav weak setup too so I could just stomp them without much thought as well.
    The Roman units just confused but thats not a complaint since they seem amazing but I have to grow used to them.

At that time England was just recovering from the Norman invasion, when you talk about 'Roman' units I assume you mean Norman ones.

Also another question:
    Campaign difficulty just gives the AI free armies? Challenge is one thing but just free units seem lame and its immediately pointless to harm the AIs economy.

There is a garrison script that gives some units to the enemy settlements when attacked, this is necessary because the AI is terrible at leaving settlements undefended. Economically, the AI gets a bonus per settlement but it is not a large one.

Combat difficulty gives more morale to the enemy?

Yes, Hard and Very Hard give experience and morale bonus to AI units.

Final question:
    How can I remove the songs from some of the factions? From all the "new" music I heard only the MTW1 music was fitting and most of it wasnt even remotely fitting (like pop-ish music and electronic instruments).

Thanks for reading.
    I can't update music without my other laptop, which I loaned to a friend in Singapore. Might be a while before I can do much, but its on the agenda.

Thanks for your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    so is this beta finito then? any guys got any more problemos?
    Toma una pastilla chill, seņor.

There's always something someone isn't happy with, all we can do is reduce errors down as much as possible. The main thing is that CTD's are almost gone...
    Last edited by Point Blank; July 13, 2010 at 06:48 PM.

You mean CTDs or is there something else altogether we should be worried about now?

CTD's

I've been reading through threads and now I'm worried that "someone" included a stakes script in the latest version.

Stakes script has always been included in 'Show Me' scripts when units are on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    What faction are you playing? I'll check into this, they should be OK.
    I was just playing a custom battle, english vs egypt and both sides had weird shiny textures for peasants

Proudly Editing Borissomeone's Fan Fiction (here)

Thank you for replying Point Blank. Glad to provide feedback.

But Im not entirely sur what you mean by the oct--30-- patch because I only found an oct--03-- patch. Mistype or intentional? So (if Im talking only about the rr/rc part of the installation) its oct03 - then this patch? Is that it?
    Ok, ignore that. After reading the topic name for the download patch I found the oct30 patch but there was some discussion and you said that you had included it in the new 2part download anyway. Is the hotfix the one provided by Byg on page 83? Im very confused.

By slow early campaign I just mean it takes much time to advance and the upgraded buildings still can provide poorer units until events (I presume). I suppose that is realistic although it personally annoyed me, but Im not complaining really. My opinion.

By the "Roman" units I meant Byzantine, "ERE", "The leftovers from the true Roman legacy". I called them Roman because thats what they use ingame..

Thank you once again.
    Last edited by Fraemi; July 14, 2010 at 02:57 AM.

Latest install is the main Oct 30 files, then run FILE_TASKS.bat, then the patch in the first post of this thread, then run FILE_TASKS2.bat. When I release this update properly I will make a major effort to clarify the whole install process.

I'll look into shiny peasants. Egypt does not have new peasants.

Yes Early Campaign can be slow going at the start. Personally I prefer the Late Campaign.

ERE units dominate in Early Campaign, they are way ahead of the competition. This is from CBUR and is historically correct.

I'll look into shiny peasants. Egypt does not have new peasants.
    Sorry it wasnt egypt i was playing as, it was sicily, i got confused because the sicilian peasant's unit cards are the same as the rebel peasants used in the holy lands, well at least in 6.2 RC4. I must have thought those peasants were from egypt.

Proudly Editing Borissomeone's Fan Fiction (here)

Libertus

(me be a long time lurker )
    Great mod!
    some comments though:

I think you misplaced the Better Water folder, April 11 hotfix had it in data, July 1 hotfix has it in unit_models.
    Also did I notice correctly that the campaign script files have changed considerably since April hotfix?

Have you thought about adding the education countdown to young adopted generals (OfferedForAdoption, LesserGeneralOfferedForAdoption, OfferedForMarriage)? I think it makes some sense.
    Do show_me and other advice scripts work with advice disabled (kept crashing for me with advice on), does it have any effect on BattleAI or stakes script?

Thanks Point Blank. I guess I did everything right after all.
    Just one quick question: I noticed that very few regions can actually build paved roads (not to mention highways for Byzantines).
    Does the availibility of the roads change as time goes on? Because if I start a 1100 campaign Id like to build paved roads whenever they should have historically appeared.

Im sorry if this is too offtopic.

Wow, you are right about the BETTER WATER folder, no idea how that happened!

Always turn advice off, battle AI scripts will still work.

I think next BAI version does not use scripts.

Just one quick question: I noticed that very few regions can actually build paved roads (not to mention highways for Byzantines).
    Does the availibility of the roads change as time goes on? Because if I start a 1100 campaign Id like to build paved roads whenever they should have historically appeared.

No it remains set throughout the game. Maybe its a good idea to enable it after a certain date though, that's definitely worth considering, good idea.

Because those are all new units, they may not have sounds associated with them. I could fix that, but it may need files on a PC I loaned to a friend. I will try to fix.

I can't update music without my other laptop, which I loaned to a friend in Singapore. Might be a while before I can do much, but its on the agenda.

Thanks for your feedback
    How exactly do you update the music? Specifically, I and others who have attempted to directly change the music always run into problems after deleting the events.dat , so we are only able to substitute tracks to change the music. When you made this submod, how did you rebuild the events.dat without losing other sounds?

OK after about 1370 all areas can build paved roads.