Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Final Beta!

Default Re: Final Beta!

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Don't complain about perceived unhelpfullness (telling you its the wrong script and not spawning bodyguards is helping) when you only thank to complain. CC pointed you the rest of the way and all he got was "I see".
    what? we have to salute you all? donating pennies for every question answered?

let's get real here, typing what a script really do in 2 lines of sentences does not take more than 2 minutes even if you're the worst typer in the world instead some like to make people play guessing games that in the end would annoy both sides

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    Code:
    ;================== AI Reinforcements ===================
    ;--- Startup Reinforcement
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType england
        and not FactionIsLocal

if I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel <= 2
            spawn_army
                faction england
                character    random_name, named character, age 20, x 83, y 220, family
                traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , LoyaltyStarter 1 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 2 , GoodCommander 2 , ReligionStarter 1
                unit    NE Bodyguard        exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            end
        end_if

if I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel >= 3
            spawn_army 
                faction england
                character    random_name, named character, age 30, x 78, y 218, family
                traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , LoyaltyStarter 1 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 2 , GoodCommander 2 , ReligionStarter 1
            unit    NE Bodyguard        exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
            unit    Fyrd Spearmen        exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit    Fyrd Spearmen        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit    Archer Militia        exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit    Fyrd Spearmen        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit    Archer Militia        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit    Archer Militia        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            end
            console_command add_money england, 5000
        end_if

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    ?

and so please answer my questions about when, what and how much spawned garrisons do they have?
    Jeez, I didn't see this last line in your post. Even if I did, I would have just said it adds some units to the settlement (if owned by the original faction) when sieged, unit types and numbers depending on era also.

There, that is about 2 lines, but the Garrison Script code is thousands and thousands of lines (mostly written by Tsarsies I might add).

Oh wait, I was too busy making you play 'guessing games', lol
    Last edited by Point Blank; August 10, 2010 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    what? we have to salute you all? donating pennies for every question answered?
    Don't suspect maltreatment when there is no reason to and don't jump to conclusions. You immideatly assumed that the script might be unrealistic (and insane) and that it had to be removed before you even had the definitive answer. A bit unfair.
    let's get real here, typing what a script really do in 2 lines of sentences does not take more than 2 minutes even if you're the worst typer in the world instead some like to make people play guessing games that in the end would annoy both sides
    Next time you feel like your beeing played opt into assuming a missunderstanding. What penny do I gain out of annoying you?

Penny sent to your account, bane.

for the new peasant

Yes new peasants are rather more useful Especially the Peasant Infantry, they can even cause cavalry some pain in melee, and they are AP.

my question : why no peasants in cities?

Peasants are just meant to represent rural people from small villages/farms, and not particularly organised.

Towns/cities are more centralised and are able to raise and train a better-organised militia, even though at small settlements they are still very weak (eg Peasant Militia quality, one step above Peasants).

another question, why does forlon hope have so few number of men in it?

It always did, but used to be 2hp, and when it was changed to 1hp unit size just stayed the same. Its cost reflcts the small unit size though.

so now they're 1 HP? why not bump their size?
    any historic reason of their small numbers?

They were meant to lead the assault on an almost suicide mission, and are meant to represent criminals looking for a pardon, crazies, nutters, glory-hunters and psychopaths. Such men were not available in large numbers. Well, being medieval Europe, maybe they were.

eh, what was the file that contain all the events?

I'm at turn 131 and it's not gunpowder age yet?

descr_events in the world folder then one of the campaigns

hm it pushed back to 140-150.... it was 130 or something on april ver.

thx anyway

In the February version, gunpowder appears at the same time as Coat Of Plates - 1240.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011