View Poll Results: What is the best Elf Faction In TATW?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silven Elves

72 47.37%
  • High Elves

80 52.63%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is the best Elf Faction in TATW?

Default Re: What is the best Elf Faction in TATW?

Because they arent elves anymore, theyre orcs ya idiot.
    -_-
    Anyways, I say SE because theyre horse archers can eliminate ANY HE cavarly charge anyday, or sweep around and fire arrows while running in circles around orcs all day long.

I would have to abstain because they both crush anything. I felt like I was cheating after every battle results screen, and so now I stick with my ungainly horde of snagas and other assorted fodder.

Baywatch's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Rahvin View Post
    I would have to abstain because they both crush anything. I felt like I was cheating after every battle results screen, and so now I stick with my ungainly horde of snagas and other assorted fodder.
    There is truly nothing more rewarding than getting a victory by throwing too much worthless trash at the enemy for them to kill it all.

Clearly has his priorities straight.

Amen, sister.

Voted high elves coz of their more powerful units

Quote Originally Posted by Knox213 View Post
    SE - Best archers

Swords at front > Archers behide.
    Within five minutes 500 Could kill near enough 2000 Orcs.
    Better to put archers at front and melee behind until enemy get close. Do not use skirmish at this point, what you need is a well ordered swapping of ranks (front to back, back to front). Depending on the enemy you may want to either charge your back ranks past the archers or if you want more defensive then withdraw your archers earlier behind the melee (mainly spearmen i presume) so they have time to reform after having their ranks disturbed by the passing archers.

Alternately, half your archers and as the enemy close have half run left, and the other half right. If the enemy heads straight ahead then they get peppered from both sides, if they turn to one side or the other they are vulnerable to charges from your melee units.... and when they start to run they are finished. What normally would happen is their army fans out in which case I would switch the archers to melee, select all units and order them all to charge the general unit (who is usually behind or in the center somewhere).

Oh, but why did I say archers in front in the first place? Because they don't have to fire over the heads of those standing in front. Long stretched out lines of archers with direct line of sight to enemies are much more effective that those who are bunched up having to fire over the heads of allied unit.

Do some testing yourself. It makes an amazing difference.

Venia's Avatar Auxilium meum a Domino

Quote Originally Posted by muter3456 View Post
    Because they arent elves anymore, theyre orcs ya idiot.
    -_-
    Anyways, I say SE because theyre horse archers can eliminate ANY HE cavarly charge anyday, or sweep around and fire arrows while running in circles around orcs all day long.
    hey no flaming, especially if the one you're flaming at has more post AND rep than you
    its against the twcenter rules btw
    SOI skinner/video maker/moderator
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1496,

High elves most prefered ,love their units.

i perfer the silvian elves, why? becaus there armour is very elagant and cool, and they have the best starting position because they can control all of the vale of anduin, and mirkwood, and they have gret grenerals, and you can acess there elite spearmen erly in the game.
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Wow, the High Elves are ahead by one point. This is a damn close race.

I prefer the Silvan Elves for their military units and I enjoy the nature based preference they have.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

HE have acces to Eldar Spearmen as fast as SE can you just need to control with wisdom Imladris,Mithold and Forlong.HE are better, SE don't have units for last barrack tear-High Elven Wariors of Mithold are third as quality infantry in game,agains them SE don't have nothing

In Rainbows's Avatar Libertus

SE's because of their tactical versatility, their horse archers are the epitome of versatile, and when put to good use can destroy much more then any other unit. Usually I use them to take out a lone unit or a general thats unprotected, and I prefer Sentinels over their own, because of the stakes that they have, and the general appearance that the SE have. I also prefer an archer unit over a cavalry unit, all in all I like the position of the SE's and I use all their units to good use.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Magistrate

I vote.. Eriador ^^

Quote Originally Posted by son of romans View Post
    HE have acces to Eldar Spearmen as fast as SE can you just need to control with wisdom Imladris,Mithold and Forlong.HE are better, SE don't have units for last barrack tear-High Elven Wariors of Mithold are third as quality infantry in game,agains them SE don't have nothing
    you mean the worriors of mirthlod-that-can-only-be-recruited-in-mirthlod woarriors of mirthlod? and isnt that city wayy to far from any action, were the silvian elves that means that ypou can recruit them anywere and there units are still really good

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    I vote.. Eriador ^^
    yea well i vote arnor ;P

Quote Originally Posted by FOR GONDOR View Post
    you mean the worriors of mirthlod-that-can-only-be-recruited-in-mirthlod woarriors of mirthlod? and isnt that city wayy to far from any action, were the silvian elves that means that ypou can recruit them anywere and there units are still really good
    well you could always edit the hidden resoureces text in the building_descr files to make them buildable anywhere,But aside from that i'd probably go for the silvan elves even though i prefer the high elves infantry.SE just a better starting position and i like their archers better too.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

when i can vote, it will be HE
    having the best archers is all well and good, but the facts are is that they are not good against melee infantry
    their starting position is next to a weak enemy. all the orcs do is send wave after wave of snaga's, and a few goblin infantry, at me; which i smash and gather up all the prisoners using my Eldar Lancers
    the eldar spearmen are excellent at the shield wall with a ratio of (roughly) 50:1, with that kind of ratio, it is no wonder i defeated a combined force of 5000, with about 1500 Eldar, not elves but Eldar because Eldar slaughter

i vote for keebler elves
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

Gertrudius's Avatar Hans Olo

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    when i can vote, it will be HE
    having the best archers is all well and good, but the facts are is that they are not good against melee infantry
    I beg to differ. In probably half of my Silvan campaigns, I invade Isengard late in the game, at which point they have some excellent infantry. Without fail, I can still slaughter a force twice my size, as long as I have half my force as archers, with infantry only acting as a defensive screen for the archers.

What I think the debate really boils down to is playing style. On one hand, High elven infantry is a little better, but it's not a stark difference. They are roughly comparable. The real difference is in cavalry vs. archers. Being a defensive player, I prefer to use archers to thin the enemy ranks and weaken morale to the point that even when their infantry is far more numerous, they route easier. Now an offensive player might prefer the heavy cavalry to archers, because it offers them more mobility and therefore more options. So in the end it's just a matter of playing style, they are both excellent factions.

Where are the Blood Elves?

Seriously, I voted for Silvan elves because archers owns all factions in this mod too much.
    My Ukulele Cover of Death Note L's Theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhP70qHqsVg

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast