Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolution Order of War | General Discussions

Default Re: Revolution Order of War (ROW) - A French Revolution Mod ... presented by Marshal Beale.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    I was wondering Marshal Beale, why didn't you just set up this thread in the NOW forum and sticky it?
    Revolution Order of War is NOW's sucsessor, basically like how MTW2 sucseeded RTW in the series, same thing here. And its not using anything from NOW, just the same team! SO I believe it deserves to be treated independently!
    MB
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Default Re: Revolution Order of War (ROW) - A French Revolution Mod ... presented by Marshal Beale.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Marshal Beale♔ View Post
    Revolution Order of War is NOW's sucsessor, basically like how MTW2 sucseeded RTW in the series, same thing here. And its not using anything from NOW, just the same team! SO I believe it deserves to be treated independently!
    MB
    Ah, that makes sense. I thought it was more in terms of an expansion. Good luck, then, i'm looking forward to it
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

This little known song would also suit the revolutionary-theme of the mod (Veillons Au Salut De L' Empire 1791).
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

No, I've already chosen a song to use in the menu, I'm going for something not historical, but more to set the atmosphere whilst playing!
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Can you add regents when a monarch goes insane? Historically, Maria I of Portugal while Queen until 1816 was not ruler from 1792 for this reason (the real ruler was Prince Joao later Joao VI). More well known is George IV's regency for his father.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

No, I've already chosen a song to use in the menu, I'm going for something not historical, but more to set the atmosphere whilst playing!
    So will this mean I can't use my own music mod?
    By the way, I'm back. Send me that PDF file.

I also think that instead of Louis XIV shouldn't be the Revolutionary France's leader but instead someone who was a Revolutionary leader. I know it's not historical, but it'd be ironic having a Bourbon as leader.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; July 25, 2010 at 06:18 PM.

I think I will be making the Revolutionary Faction Leader "The National Assembly"

I think I will be making the Revolutionary Faction Leader "The National Assembly"
    Could you have Girondin/Jacobin assembly parties or ministerial-traits for Republican France?

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Yes, I was also planing that too.

Yes, I was also planing that too.
    Will the Jacobins be able to rebel and overthrow the Girondins?

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

No, because that means creating 2 new seperate factions, which would just be too much work! The mod would never get done if we did that! Sorry.

Additional agents for revolutionary France:

Gentlemen:

Claude Desmoulins:

On July 12, 1789 he leapt on a table outside one of the cafés in the garden of the Palais Royal, and announced to the crowd the dismissal of the reformer. Apparently losing his stammer due to the excitement, he addressed the passions of the public, calling them to "...take up arms and adopt cockades by which we may know each other"[2] and adding: "This dismissal is the tocsin of the St. Bartholomew of the patriots!", claiming that a massacre of the partisans of reform was under preparation.
    He adopted green as the color for rallying liberty and the masses followed, for he had become their leader.[2] Finally, after drawing two pistols from under his coat, he declared that he would not fall alive into the hands of the police who were watching his movements. He descended, embraced by the crowd.
    Following Desmoulins, riots started throughout Paris. The mob, procuring arms by force on July 13, was partly organized as the Parisian militia, which was afterwards to be the National Guard. On July 14, the storming of the Bastille occurred.

The following day, Desmoulins began the most publicised phase of his writing career. In May and June 1789 he had written La France Libre, which his publisher had refused to print. The taking of the Bastille, however, was a sign of changing times, and, on July 18, Desmoulins's work was issued. Considerably in advance of public opinion, it called explicitly for a republic, his sixth issue stating, "... popular and democratic government is the only constitution which suits France, and all those who are worthy of the name of men."[3] "La France Libre" also elaborately examined the rights of king, of nobles, of Roman Catholic clergy and of the people, it became instantly popular, securing Desmoulins a partnership with Honoré Mirabeau. It was immediately followed by a slander campaign from Royalist pamphleteers.

Desmoulins

Jacques-Louis David: master propagandist for the republic; member of the Jacobin Club and ally of robespierre; served in the convention, voted for the death of the king; painted "The Death of Marat"; organized the Festival of the Supreme Being

David (self-portrait, 1794)

Marquis de Condorcet: member of the Academy; philosopher, mathemetician and political scientist; impt constitutional theorist in early phase of revolution; Girondist

Condorcet

Pierre-Simon Laplace: mathemetician and astronomer; worked to develop metric system and standardize weights and measures; consulted on the revolutionary calendar and approved it (even though he knew it was inaccurate--such political acumen enabled him to avoid the guillotine)

Laplace

Antoine Lavoisier: known as the father of modern chemistry and helped develop the metric system; later guillotined for crossing Marat

Lavoisier (by Jacques-Louis David, 1788)

Emmanuel-Joseph Sieyès ("Abbe Sieyes"): an intellectual author of the revolution; wrote "What is the Third Estate?" and helped draft Decl of the Rights of Man

Abbé Sieyès

Spies/Assassins:

Pierre Beaumarchais: yes, the author of "Marriage of Figaro" was a spy (and an arms dealer)

Beaumarchais

Jean-Paul Marat: radical journalist; used his newspaper "L'ami du peuple" to identify and denounce "enemies" of the Republic; his inflammatory rhetoric incited mob violence

"The Death of Marat" by David (1793)

Jacques Hébert: editor of "La Pere Duchesne"; to be denounced by Hébert as a traitor to the revolution often led to the guillotine

Hébert

Etta Palm d'Aelders: spy for revolutionary France

Bishops

Jacques Roux: one of the first priests to accept the civil constitution of teh clergy; known as "The Red Priest;" a leader of the enragees; supported radical economic programs to help the poor

Jacques Roux

Cardinal Étienne Charles de Loménie de Brienne: member of the Academy; swore the oath to the civil constitution

Cardinal Brienne
    Last edited by ambien; July 28, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

Possible Agents for royalist France:

(by the way, here is an article on emigre armies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89m...lutionary_Wars )

Gentlemen:

François-René de Chateaubriand: father of French romanticism; countr-revolutionary propagandist; lover of delicious steak (the famous chateaubriand steak was created by his personal chef)

Chateaubriand

Guillaume-Chrétien de Lamoignon de Malesherbes: liberal jurist and philosophe; member of the academy; staunch royalist; defended Louis XVI at his trial before the Convention

Malsherbes

Axel von Fersen (queen's favorite; instrumental in drafting the Brunswick Manifesto)

Count von Fersen

Baron de Batz: served in govt during the revolution, but was a royalist financier in secret

Baron de Batz

Spies/assassins:

Charlotte Corday: assassinated Marat

Louis-Alexandre de Launay, comte d'Antraigues: spy for comte de Provence (the future Louis XVIII)

comte d'Antraigues

Jean Gabriel Maurice Rocques, comte de Montgaillard: spy for conte de Provence; implicated in corruption of General Pichegru

François Dominique de Reynaud de Montlosier: counter-revolutionary spy

Bishops

Jean de Dieu-Raymond de Cucé de Boisgelin, Archbishop of Aix-en-Provence: member of the Academy; drafted "Exposition of Principles" in condemnation of the Civil Constitution of the Clergy

Boisgelin

Cardinal Dominique de La Rochefoucauld President of the First Estate in the Estates-General of 1789; refused to join with Third Estate; fiece opponent of the Civil Constitution

Cardinal Rochefoucauld
    Last edited by ambien; July 28, 2010 at 02:04 PM.

Possible technology for revolutionary france

Recall of Talleyrand (Talleyrand installed as foreign minister, significant diplomatic bonus ensues)

In the Estates-General of 1789, he represented the clergy, the First Estate. During the French Revolution, Talleyrand supported the revolutionary cause. He assisted Mirabeau in the secularisation of ecclesiastical properties. He participated in the writing of the Declaration of the Rights of Man and proposed the Civil Constitution of the Clergy that nationalised the Church, and swore in the first four constitutional bishops, even though he had himself resigned as Bishop following his excommunication by Pope Pius VI. Notably, he promoted the public education in full spirit of the Enlightenment. He celebrated the mass during the Fête de la Fédération on 14 July 1790.

In 1792, he was sent twice, though not officially, to Britain to avert war. Besides an initial declaration of neutrality during the first campaigns of 1792, his mission ultimately failed. In September 1792, he left Paris for England just at the beginning of September Massacres, yet declined émigré status. Because of incriminating papers found in the armoire de fer, the National Convention issued a warrant for his arrest in December 1792. His stay in England was not uneventful either; in March 1794, he was forced to leave the country by Pitt's expulsion order. He then arrived in the United States where he stayed until his return to France in 1796. During his stay, he supported himself by working as a bank agent, involved in commodity trading and real-estate speculation. He was the house guest of Senator Aaron Burr of New York. Talleyrand years later refused the same generosity to Burr because Talleyrand had been friends with Alexander Hamilton, whom Burr had killed in a duel.

After 9 Thermidor, he mobilised his friends (most notably the abbé Martial Borye Desrenaudes and Germaine de Staël) to lobby in the National Convention and then the newly established Directoire for his return. His name was then suppressed from the émigré list and he returned to France on 25 September 1796. In 1797, he became Foreign Minister.

Talleyrand

Possible British Agents:

Gentlemen:

Edmond Burke: founder of modern conservatism; condemned excesses of the revolution in "Reflections on the Revolution in France" (1790)

Burke

Edward Gibbon: most famous for "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire," he was also an influential intellectual opponent of the revolution

Gibbon

James Watt: inventor and manufacturer of steam engines

Watt

Henry Cavendish: physicist and chemist; first scientist to accurately measure the density of the earth; discovered hydrogen

Cavendish

Spies:

William Wickham: british spymaster

Last edited by ambien; July 26, 2010 at 02:23 PM.

Possible Prussian agents:

Gentlemen:

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Goethe

Friedrich Schiller: historian, philosopher, playwright

Schiller

Jeremias Benjamin Richter: chemist, mathemetician

Richter

Martin Heinrich Klaproth: leading German chemist of his time

Last edited by ambien; July 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM.

Possible Austrian agents:

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Mozart

Joseph Haydn

Haydn

Alessandro Volta: physicist and chemist; invented the electric cell

Volta

Ignaz von Born: minerologist and metallurgist; leading Austrian scientist of his day

Last edited by ambien; July 26, 2010 at 11:59 AM.

Possible Russian Agents:

Gentlemen:

Princess Yekaterina Romanovna Vorontsova-Dashkova: Director of both the Academy of Sciences and the Russian Academy

Princess Dashkova

Nikolay Karamzin: writer and historian; founder of Russian conservatism

Denis Fonvizin: playwright and courtier

Gavrila Derzhavin: poet and courtier

Andrey Bolotov: agricultural scientist

Last edited by ambien; July 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I've looked over that PDF, I think I can do most of it.

But got a better uniform source for light infantry, because the private is only showing his back.
    And what is a Marechausee or whatever? The bodyguard cavalry?
    Finally, what is the best non-Old Guard guard infantry in the game?
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; July 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM.

One of the units that is part of the "Maison du Roi" They are like the Imperial Guard I think...