Thread: How many turns per year?

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Default How many turns per year?

Just wondering really, 4tpy would be good but as far as i know that has to be heavily scripted. I did a search and couldn't find anything so i was wondering on what the team had decided on?
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

Default Re: How many turns per year?

hmm 4 tpy? that would be a lengthy year lol.. put i think it would fit well with the given time frame. could also open up some real role playing venues later if the content was there or added :T but id settle for 2 even though 4 would be nice! lol i dont care if its 60 honestly im just excited to see this masterpiece!

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

2 turns/year

either 4tpy or let the troops march further. Atm armies are unrealisticly sluggish

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

4TPY would be perfect
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post
    4TPY would be perfect
    Yes but as far as i know, 4tpy is scripted and thus only lasts a given time ie 300years, after that it reverts to 1-2 tpy and that would mess things up a bit.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

i'd vote for 4tpy

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

as do i

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Csatádi View Post
    2 turns/year
    In the mod 2!

That really makes things more lacking I think. In one year so many things happened back then. Cities and Burghs were taken quickly, either by starving the enemy to death or attacking it swiftly. Wish it was 4 turns like shogun, but I'll see how the game plays, if it works out fine then, I guess the game's alright. We'll see.

Sometimes, mods with 4 turns per year makes me bored, as that means the children of the Kings and Princes will grow two times slower That is just too disturbing, especially when you're in great need of generals... So, my opinion is that 2 turns per year will do fine
    "I came, I saw, and I didn't believe my eyes!"

I think they said that 1 turn would be 2 years =P

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by nappulm View Post
    I think they said that 1 turn would be 2 years =P
    No, 1 turn is half a year.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiđinn Veđr: Total War

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Well stpy is easiest so use that 1st release. But you must remember that viking raiding parties often went to england and back in 1 year. that is impossible with 2tpy unless ridicolous walk rates

how far will the units be able to march? will they atleast be able to (in one turn) march from the east to west side of England?

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by joey6131986 View Post
    how far will the units be able to march? will they atleast be able to (in one turn) march from the east to west side of England?
    No, not quite that far. They can march for quite a large distance but not THAT large. I think it adds realism and gameplay because if you could march across britain in one move, where would be the fun? You could pump rebel stacks out and send them all over Britain like nothing. You'd be done with your vic conditions in less than 50 turns

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiđinn Veđr: Total War

Realism? How many years would it take for an army to march from Cornwall to Canterbury, for example?

dmcraanen's Avatar Semisalis

I guess for those who don't like it the way it is, someone will make a 4tpy mod. If you'd start learning now you might be able to do it yourself when the mod is released (which I hope is soon because waiting is not fun)

What really matters is not the amount of years that pass, but the correlation between army movement and building / recruitment.

Passing years, aging of characters and such - it doesn't matter as much. But some semblance of balance between campaigning and fortifying should exist.

But it is very, very easy to make any mod you want last however many turns you want per year - if you don't change the building times, that is. If building times need to be changed (to change the balance between movement and building I mentioned), it is a lot more work - though not unreasonably much.