Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3. Preview: Egypt

Default Re: 3. Preview: Egypt

you guys should add chariots with archers. this was on of the ancient eygeptiens favorite tool in battle. they were expert with this tool of war

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

im just gonna quote the preview for you
    PS: Just to make things clear and avoid questions, Egypt will get more units: AOR, mercenaries and chariots

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

Shot's Avatar Tiro

When is the mod gonna come out ? :[

-Believe in yourself-

Looks like an awesome mod, I will follow it an download when the 1st release comes.
    Keep up the good work

eager to play this cool mod

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Phenomenal Work, kudos to the whole team. You'all are "Outstanding"...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Looks great, just one thing I noticed: You write that the Pharao's Guards are heavily armoured, but the models don't show any armour...

why are the egyptians using axes?
    we know that the iranians used axes,but i dont remember an egiptian battle-axe unit,correct me if im wrong.
    its not even logycley feasible: to invent a battle axe you have to have good axes,and you dont use good axes if youre in the middle of the sahara-since there are not many trees to cut.
    so dont think axe cavalary should be implemented.
    the iranians used axes and cavalary,masopotamia had great archers,but egypts heavy weapon was its chariots.canaan and the other former vasals continued using those,but had stronger infantry,suted for the mountains.
    there should be awords in use,especially khopesh.

Quote Originally Posted by tsur View Post
    why are the egyptians using axes?
    we know that the iranians used axes,but i dont remember an egiptian battle-axe unit,correct me if im wrong.
    its not even logycley feasible: to invent a battle axe you have to have good axes,and you dont use good axes if youre in the middle of the sahara-since there are not many trees to cut.
    so dont think axe cavalary should be implemented.
    the iranians used axes and cavalary,masopotamia had great archers,but egypts heavy weapon was its chariots.canaan and the other former vasals continued using those,but had stronger infantry,suted for the mountains.
    there should be awords in use,especially khopesh.
    Actually, bronze (and later iron) axes were quite common in the Egyptian military from before the Old Kingdom period well into the New Kingdom period. They were normally used more for irregulars and pursuit troops than the main battle line as the spear was more useful in tight formation. In loose formations like small scale skirmishes, however, the axe was extremely effective, especially against armor.

One indication of how highly the Egyptians valued their axes is the many ornate ceremonial battle-axes that have been found Like this one.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you want more information, I found this interesting site in a few minutes on Google: http://www.touregypt.net/featurestor...gedweapons.htm

Hope that helps

yes,now i verified(in several resources),they did use axes.the cavalary was light nontheless.
    they said in the websight you sent it was the hyksos who made it popular.thats logycal.they were semite asians,and they did reform practically every aspect of egypts armey...
    Last edited by tsur; December 28, 2010 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsur View Post
    They said in the website you sent it was the Hyksos who made it popular. Thats logical. They were semite asians,and they did reform practically every aspect of Egypt's army...
    Yep, especially the switch from donkey carts to chariots.

befour the hyksos all the egyptians had was a few boats...
    and eve afterward,the syrian-canaanite chariots were much havier.instead of a rider and an archer-a rider and,an archer and two heavy spearmen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123