Thread: Idea for 1808 Peninsular War Campaign

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Idea for 1808 Peninsular War Campaign

My idea is a map representing the Peninsular War in 1808 (instead of CA's 1811) using "old" Spain, which controls most of the land and the french have less but with more troops. Spain should be unprepared in the beginning and British presence is minor. Portugal should probalbly also be French-controlled or their protectorate to represent their annexation in 1807. Francisco Castanos would also be a general instead of military minister.
    I don't know, just an idea.

Default Re: Idea for 1808 Peninsular War Campaign

nice idea but it would be hard to realize
    but it would be possible with hybrid startpos methode
    first take over spain with spain let the french hold two provinses deltete all your troups
    then make a hybrid startpos and start as france

Good idea. Emperor Batman start writing the scenario. Have in mind that Rizz, an excellent scripter, has been added in Startpos Mods team so we can try to make also our missions! Everybody ideas are welcome.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    My idea is a map representing the Peninsular War in 1808 (instead of CA's 1811) using "old" Spain...
    I don't know, just an idea.
    The Peninsular War 1808-1814
    "The road to war began in the autumn of 1807 when Napoleon moved French troops through Spain to invade Portugal. After feeding more than 100,000 troops into Spain under the pretext of supporting the invasion, Napoleon deposed the existing Spanish monarch in April 1808 in order to place his own brother Joseph on the throne (April 21st)"

In 1808, Spain was also a "French protectorate", the French army controlling Madrid and the major roads. If by the time Joseph reached Madrid (July 1808), Spain was in armed rebellion, the same happened in Portugal.
    You are Spanish, aren´t you? it seems to me that Spanish speakers can understand Portuguese. Read the book " Ir pro Maneta", published in 2007;
    O estudo de Pulido Valente é essencialmente sobre o ano de 1808:
    É nesse ano, em Fevereiro, que o general francês Jean-Andoche Junot proclama que Portugal deixa de ser governado pela Casa Real de Bragança para o ser sob a ordem de Napoleão. Salienta Pulido Valente que antes das tropas inglesas comandadas por Wellington desembarcarem em Portugal para, juntamente com o Exército português, expulsarem os franceses, "a revolta [do povo] libertara nove décimos do país" e é essa história que se propõe contar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    The Peninsular War 1808-1814
    "The road to war began in the autumn of 1807 when Napoleon moved French troops through Spain to invade Portugal. After feeding more than 100,000 troops into Spain under the pretext of supporting the invasion, Napoleon deposed the existing Spanish monarch in April 1808 in order to place his own brother Joseph on the throne (April 21st)"

In 1808, Spain was also a "French protectorate", the French army controlling Madrid and the major roads. If by the time Joseph reached Madrid (July 1808), Spain was in armed rebellion, the same happened in Portugal.
    You are Spanish, aren´t you? it seems to me that Spanish speakers can understand Portuguese. Read the book " Ir pro Maneta", published in 2007;
    I meant for the campaign to start when the rebellion in Madrid occured. Only the southern parts of Spain (lke Andalusia) should be free with a French army en route there.
    My idea was only to portray the first three missing years of the war.
    I'm not a Spaniard, I'm American and only know a few words in Spanish. I don't know why people assume I'm a Spaniard.
    And it would also be cool too to have some of the guerilla units from the DLC in old Spain's roster for the campaign. Not sure when they began to appear, though.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    My idea was only to portray the first three missing years of the war.
    I'm not a Spaniard, I'm American and only know a few words in Spanish. I don't know why people assume I'm a Spaniard.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Good idea. Emperor Batman start writing the scenario. Have in mind that Rizz, an excellent scripter, has been added in Startpos Mods team so we can try to make also our missions! Everybody ideas are welcome.
    What do you mean "writing the scenario"?

Some details like factions and starting regions, perhaps some missions for every faction (at least for Spain or/and France), etc. If I have understand correctly it will be an opposite situation than vanilla with Spain having more provinces and France trying to occupy them, isn't it?

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

What would be good is if you could use technology to represent portugal/spains gradual adiptation of british warfare and more desperate tactics using c'a new units and the old units.

Geurrilla units should come later, the portugese should start getting british equipment etc...

I don't actually know much about the Peninsular War, but I guess the map would look a little like this, I'm not sure about what the situation was in northern Spain, but I know southern Spain was primarilly free. Blue is roughly what France has. The "X" is Madrid, it should have very low public order to represent the rebellions there. Maybe I'm too generous here, but France should definately have control of Madrid and have it connected wih the rest of the empire.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The first thing France should do is secure Andalusia (Seville area), as I said, General Castanos would have an army waiting for them. The French should have an army led by DuPont that is moving towards there.
    That should be the starting situation. If anyone knows more about the war, please help me.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; June 28, 2010 at 05:28 PM.

Icon7 Re: Idea for 1808 Peninsular War Campaign

Good for all.

Tell them Hispania Mod team are already working on version 2.0 of Hispania Mod, you might want to wait ...

That will be exclusively for the Peninsula Campaign and also to add some 70 units for the four factions, we also want to change the ownership of some regions and the start year of the campaign. Like the previous version, the units will have a specified region of hire and a limited number.

Here you have some screenshots in the spoiler, regards.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That's good. Only do not change date or you'll spoil the game...