Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWII Mod (Small Update 7-1-10)

Default WWII Mod (Small Update 7-1-10)

WWII

Well this is in more of an alpha stage but I would like some feeback. There are only INFANTRY in the mod and there are not any new uniforms. The mod tries to imitate WWII style warfare on the Napoleon Total War game engine. This is more of a custom battle or multiplayer mod at the moment.

Since rapid fire is not possible in the game engine, I made the each fire on the machineguns shoot a bunch of bullets at once to imitate the rapid fire.

There are multiple different types of squads in game. Morter Teams and Heavy Machinegun Teams are not yet in game.

This is to be played on Ultra unit size settings

Update 7-1-10
    - added more maps not included for multi and singleplayer
    - removed tracers (looks better without them)

1. Extract file
    2. put both files in your data folder
    3. Activate wwii in mod manager
    4. Play game
    Last edited by OneEyeMick; July 01, 2010 at 09:35 AM.

"Where in hell is the rear?" -George Armstrong Custer, 1864

Default Re: WWII Mod

First post(FTW)

Funny, I was just planning a mod just like this. SO I take it this mod will be more about unit values and what not, we are not going to see any new uniforms, or anything the GW mod plans.

Hmm, but I'll keep my eye on this, it can't go very far not to disapoint you, but it does have promise.

If you need a hand, I'm busy at the moment, but I'll give you a hand with textures and what not!
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Marshal Beale♔ View Post
    Funny, I was just planning a mod just like this. SO I take it this mod will be more about unit values and what not, we are not going to see any new uniforms, or anything the GW mod plans.

Hmm, but I'll keep my eye on this, it can't go very far not to disapoint you, but it does have promise.

If you need a hand, I'm busy at the moment, but I'll give you a hand with textures and what not!
    Well, let's see how popular the gameplay is, then we will see about those skins.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Agreed, I can think of many well how will you do that things but that is the same with the Great War mod so best of luck. My only rea problem and this applied for both world war mods is that the model importer is still not yet done and from what I hear there are very few that know of this Khartoum model importing thing but, good luck
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

This looks like fun ! I'm going to try it out now !
    (Although installing it the old fashioned way, I'm allergic to mod manager )
    Patronized by Hader.

Did you improt the puckle gun to simulate a machinegun?

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I'v thought alot about this.

Then I realised it will be like the Great War, but much harder to do. You'll soon begin to face all the problems we do (if you continue with it).

Also to change the gameplay to anything like WW2 will be extremely hard. We only manage it because WW1 was just lines of infantry running at another line of infantry (at its very basic form).

I wish you the best of luck however, if you've played the Great War at all and want to know how we've done any of it please feel free to ask, and Ill happily tell you to go away.

Nah I joke, I'd lend a hand with tips, not actual work though.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Yeah. We dont bite, thats far too old fashioned when we have gas .

Bit seriously, if you need help with compatibility or effects or stuff like that then you can ask me.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I suspect it will be a titanic work, but I wish you luck
    [Col] RO Citizen

I also had plans for a mod like this, I even went as far as meddling with the ui and some other files using TGW as a template.

Good luck with it, it might be difficult.
    Winter is Coming

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

argggggghhhhhhh!!!! look am not been funny here and this is a mere observation only, I cannot see the point of a WW2 mod without actually having the correct mod tools to make the mod playable and realistic from the offset including these essentials:

1. Tanks
    2. Aircraft
    3. Correct Uniforms
    4. Artllery
    5. Machine Guns
    6. Armoured Vehicles
    etc................The list is endless!!!

I appreciate members attempts to try and create something diffrent using NTW but if we really want to play WW2 PC games there are so many out there already!: Company of Heroes, ARMA, ARMA2. BF2 etc...all have WW2 Mods and these can be easily developed into great working mods, for the simple reason they all have code ready to make it easy to mod!

Now unless CA give you the modding tools this is gonna be very difficult task, i see what the WW1 team are going through and even though they dont have the tools the mod remains 50% complete!

I am seeing Star Wars mods and Modern Day combat mods appear and they are still in production after 2 years because there is no modding tools so these mods cannot progress any further!! , seriously we need to rethink what is happening with NTW and ETW on modding front!

I think this is great initiative to make this type of mod, but with so many other games with easier platforms to mod with that would be my option, good luck!

Now if you can tell me there are modding tools out there that can do all the above, I will go and bugger off!!
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; June 27, 2010 at 01:56 PM.

Shiloh's Avatar Senator

This is an amitious project as it brings so many challenges but this world is built on amibition so I bid you good luck!
    www.totalgettysburg.com
    Take an in-depth look at the Battle of Gettysburg in the American Civil War. This site is dedicated to education and the conservation of Civil War battlefields.

www.youtube.com/twbattles
    View Total War battle commentary videos on an epic scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosliver View Post
    Did you improt the puckle gun to simulate a machinegun?
    Not yet I've attempted but I don't think the puckle is in the game yet. So maybe later I can add the puckle style heavy machinegun.

Quote Originally Posted by Josst View Post
    Yeah. We dont bite, thats far too old fashioned when we have gas .

Bit seriously, if you need help with compatibility or effects or stuff like that then you can ask me.
    Yes it would be nice to have less smoke on musket fire and other effects would be nice.

And thanks everybody for their feedback

I tried it out and I have to say great work, and good luck. Though I probably wouldn't consider it a beta, or even alpha yet, but then again its your mod.

I look forward to seeing what you can do with this.

PS. The submachine guns seem a bit OP imho

seriously we need to rethink what is happening with NTW and ETW on modding front!
    If we don't push our boundaries then we cannot progress. I never thought a ww1 mod could be made either, and who knows, maybe this mod is the next step.
    Last edited by King Sama; June 28, 2010 at 12:34 AM.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Can someone please post a vid of gameplay? (No NTW atm)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticx View Post
    USA. We were very unprepared for a war .
    Yep, on D-Day in Iraq, we launched over 500,000 pikemen to capture the flag which Rome was holding. Didn't go so well for us but those Spartans didn't win by much with there muskets.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey Fresh Werewolf View Post
    Rome is not in Iraq...or did I miss something...

Quote Originally Posted by Acousticx View Post
    Can someone please post a vid of gameplay? (No NTW atm)
    honestly, theres not much to see atm, since the models are all ETW ones. Imagine small 2 to 10 unit squads, with very high range, and light machine gun units shooting several bullets each shot at a very high frequency.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

There is a whole new type of strategy involved. Guerilla warfare is essential. Ambushes are more possible. And maybe try using buildings to your advantage.

And I was thinking in the future, if I can impament it, that squads would have 7 riflemen and 2 light machinegun men and an officer or some other combination. This may be possible by using the standerd bearer, drummer and flutist but changing what they do.

Emperor BLUBBS VII's Avatar Decanus

A mighty task you have ahead of you...I can work on this mod with you, form a team. I can handle textures, and more. Unless of course... you work alone... plus rep for so far.

WE NEED KUNGFUSERGE TO HELP EVERYONE!!!
    Last edited by Emperor BLUBBS VII; June 28, 2010 at 03:54 PM.
    Advance to Contact. Duffer Mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast