Thread: Is this a good mod?

Default Is this a good mod?

Any gameplay images?

PLEASE RESPECT MY ETHNICITY AND RELIGION! -Hunyadi

Default Re: Is this a good mod?

The best if you wish to play for Rus', lots of great scripts to keep the gameplay interesting, easily the best units in the mod community, rivaled maybe only by some BC units. But only the 3 Rus' factions are playable, and the mod is built completely around them. Also gorgeous steppe units to fight: Kypchaks and later Mongols.

Is this a good mod?
    Yes.

Any gameplay images?

Lots.

Dorian's Avatar Libertus

After playing with Rus-Mongol Invasion, I can testify this is maybe the most thrilling mod ever made on Kingdoms Total War: To win as Byzantines over Mongols, I had always to face one of their armies with 2-3 of mine, mainly due to their 250 riders in each unit!

I find the battles a frustrating experience - it's the vanilla experience where soldiers just stand there and won't charge or only the first two ranks of a unit ever fight whilst the rest shift backwards.

The mod looks great.It has a really interesting approach.The units are beautiful.But for me the units are extremely unbalanced.I lost half an army to one unit of cavalry in close quarters combat within city walls where they could not charge.And i had good strong units.Therefore i have ceased to play until i see a change.I find the battles a frustrating experience to.

The mod is good. The creators have come up with something truly unique. Still waiting for patch 1.2 to fix a few bugs, but a very good, different mod.

Well. The mod is amazing but I am usually having trouble getting my economy off the ground and bang my head against my keyboard when I lose over 75% of my regions to do a civil war. The civil war always somehow happens when another nations tries to invade me. I also find that some units have "out of this world" defense. For example Druzhina has like 35 defense making them un-killable even with the best crossbow units. I mean I do not care how much armor you have, a crossbow should wipe out even the mightiest bogatir and his chain mail armor.

If allowed,i can post some ingame pictures.
    REALLY LOVE THiS MOD! althought i haven't gotten that deep into it,yet!