Thread: Turks?

Ledus's Avatar Libertus

Default Turks?

Turks are a very mixed race and i see that on the internet alot of people refer to them as mongoloids however no one refers to to Russians are Mongolians do they?

real mongols look like mongols and the fact that most of the north and western part of turkey have very white looking people and east look Iranian... i can only think of the 20 milion kurds are mongols as they mostly short and other reasons.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Ledus; June 26, 2010 at 06:18 AM.

Default Re: Turks?

Mongoloid is an outdated anthropological term that doesn’t really have any scientific meaning. I think Central Asian Turkic people look like Central Asians and Anatolian Turks look like Anatolians, though they do have some Central Asian ancestry. The Turkic languages are related to the Mongolian language and they share a common cultural heritage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: Turks?

I'm not sure what's the purpose of this thread.

Here's a sculpture of an early medieval Turkic general. He's hardly an Iranian or a white guy. Is there something wrong with that?

Actually, Kurds are Iranian, not Mongol. And I don't see anything inferior in being short. Bruce Lee was short, yet he was a giant.

If you want so much to continue this thread, go somewhere else, this is not a Political Mudpit. No mud in here, if you know what I mean. I'm closing this.

Under the patronage of m_1512