Thread: Multiplayer

Default Multiplayer

I read somewhere Shogun II will have a muliplayer option any details on this?

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by Alex-ander View Post
    I read somewhere Shogun II will have a muliplayer option any details on this?
    I'm pretty confident that Shogun 2 will have multiplayer, just like every other game in the series.

Product Designer

They are totally redoing multiplayer, so expect some exciting stuff aside from the regular stuff. Nothing is announced yet tho, because they want to have 'it' working first, what 'it' is is jet to be seen...
    DESARC92 / Product Design
    Once known as MarcelP | Product Designer | Under the Patronage of Legio
    Marcel's Modder's Resources | Tutorials | The Graphics Workshop

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

if they add a spectate mode in multiplayer campaign battles then ill be happy..

{GrailKnight}'s Avatar Senator

They promised new MP features for NTW and ETW, what a disaster that was, the ranked system is screwed and there is no lobby!! and people actually managed to hack, so i wont expect much.

Anything better than NTW will be fine.

NTW multiplayer is much worse experience than M2TW(even with gamespy/connections problem) because of useless rank system people have motivation now to cheat or to leave game if they see they loose.A lot of people gets dropped off because Steam disconnects them.

Hardly any NTW multiplayer game finishes without someone leaving.

• We need to have possibility to enforce rules by disabling some units, now you can ask for no artillery or one ship only but there will be always some idiot who will spoil game just to make fun.
    • Other thing which is needed is a personal ban list for people abusing game rules or leaving game as soon as it starts.
    • Player list like in M2TW would be helpful either (lobby)
    • Custom money for multiplayer battle
    • Window to write game rules visible to everybody - so no more "what's are the rules questions"

Without these features multiplayer will be one big failure - like it's now.