Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Curia Hostilia - Consulate of Annalis and Celer

Default Re: Curia Hostilia - Consulate of Annalis and Celer

I second the motion to send consul Annalis if he is indeed prepared for it.

On the issue of sending more legions however...I disagree with a portion of it. I am of the opinion that Legions XI, XIV, and XVI can more than handle the threat to our North. I do not disagree that reinforcements may be sent however, just that they be sent in a different manner.

Legio XX Valeria Victrix, which is currently stationed in Dyrrhachium should be temporarily put under consul Annalis' command. They will relieve Salonae then push for Singidunum. The legions mentioned before will relieve Patavium, then skip over Aquileia and hit Segestica, their capital.

Once Illyria's two major cities, if you can call them that, are out of the picture it becomes a mop-up operation in which we can dictate terms to the Illyrians.

As for the Greek front I suggest the taking of Nicomedia, to secure our flank there and stop Greek shipping to Pontus through the strait. That can be done by Legio VII at any time, given that the settlement in question has no defenses.

As for Africa, I believe the governor is handling the situation well, although he may want to get Legio X involved as well in the assault on Lepcis Magna.

Those are my thoughts on the matter, make what you will of them.
    Last edited by dragoon47; July 09, 2010 at 08:02 PM.
    Lucius Valerius Poplicola - Patrician - 34

Am I understanding correctly then? Does that mean Proconsul Rhadamanthus will have full control over the African theatre while the Consuls deal with the Ilyrians?

Perhaps this operation shall be held off until the coming year. After all, the year is coming to a swift end, and Proconsul Rhadamanthus has ordered his troops to take up winter camp near the enemy territory. Unless, of course, the consuls would wish to pursue action.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Yes, you understood correctly. I nominated your proposal and have not changed anything, I have only suggested a change as to how reinforcements make it to Illyria
    Last edited by dragoon47; July 09, 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Celer stands, he has been quiet since his humiliation at the earlier in the term and the Senate went quiet as he stood.

"I would like to debate the descision to send Consul Annalis. He has not made the descision to run for the Consulship in the following term while I have and has also served the bare minimum of military command whereas I served under several conquering generals including Marius and my own father. Besides, we can only send a Consul to fight a war and very soon Annalis will not be Consul."

Celer sat.
    Last edited by RVFVS; July 10, 2010 at 05:28 PM.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Lucius Primus stood, unsure of what to say.

The Consul speaks correctly. With the upcoming elections and with Consul Annalis not seeking re-election it could well create a distraction that is not wanted. The Illyrians to the north attack Italy itself, and must like any gaul be driven out. I as Tribune will agree to that much without any hesitation. Let Consul Rufus take command, it is more likely that he shall be re-elected than Consul Annalis and so would be able to get started immediatly.

So be it Celer. If this is your wish, then proceed with the action in Ilyria. We'll expect your success very soon. For this year, just relieve the siege of Patavium. We can discuss the issues next year

Crusades

I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

So, we are all in agreement? Take the Northern legions and smash the Illyrians at Patavium, we will discuss the further plans in the spring.

Celer smiled and stood.

"I will depart at once. I will return in victory...or not at all."

Celer turned and left to rendevous with his assembled legions.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

If he doesn't return in victory it may be for the best if he doesn't come back at all...Lucius mumbled to himself. What a dramatist.

Pallas nearly laughed when he heard Celer's statement. He had personally seen the reports from the governors. The Ilyrian siege forces are nothing. The mere sight of the legions bearing down on them would make them turn tail and run. Nevertheless, he nodded at Celer.

Of course consul. That is the attitude we need to prove ourselves victorious.

Crusades