Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Names Overhaul Project (SSNOP)

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Names Overhaul Project (SSNOP)

It is very good work, gets a welcoming whole new level of immersion.
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat-tail View Post
    It is very good work, gets a welcoming whole new level of immersion.
    Praise be Fair Prince Did you use the file in the OP or mine? Really need that feedback

Quote Originally Posted by bɑne View Post
    Praise be Fair Prince Did you use the file in the OP or mine? Really need that feedback
    Wait wait, what do you want people to do with that file? Check out the names somehow? I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    Wait wait, what do you want people to do with that file? Check out the names somehow? I dont get it.
    The file in the OP SSNOP v1.0 Final.zip is for manual application. The file in my post SSNOP v1.0 Final SS Setup Compatible.rar is for automated use with the ss_setup (campaign and submod selection setup) - and I need to know if it works or if there are any errors such as greek names not appearing and whatnot. If it is confirmed to work then FP can replace his manual version (if he so wishes).

The file in the OP SSNOP v1.0 Final.zip is for manual application. The file in my post SSNOP v1.0 Final SS Setup Compatible.rar is for automated use with the ss_setup (campaign and submod selection setup) - and I need to know if it works or if there are any errors such as greek names not appearing and whatnot. If it is confirmed to work then FP can replace his manual version (if he so wishes).
    Many thanks bane, I'll check it out if it works perfectly, and if yes then I'll replace my files with yours (but only if you consent, of course).

Eh... I dont know how I'm supposed to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    Eh... I dont know how I'm supposed to install it.
    Installation is pretty straightforward:

Download the attached file and extract it on your desktop
    1. Move the extracted data folder into Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.4
    2. Confirm that you want to merge folders (don't worry, nothing gets replaced)
    3. Run Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.4\SS_setup.exe
    4. Select your era of choice, this submod and any other submod you wish to use with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Prince View Post
    Many thanks bane, I'll check it out if it works perfectly, and if yes then I'll replace my files with yours (but only if you consent, of course).

If it works perfectly, then yes you of course can replace the files with yours
    If not, send me a angry pm or something and I'll look into it

If it works perfectly, then yes you of course can replace the files with yours
    If not, send me a angry pm or something and I'll look into it
    I'm pretty sure it works fine, but I'll keep an angry Arnold pic in store just in case it's needed!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Names Overhaul Project (SSNOP) - Traditional Arabic names now available!

WIP

Nope, not working, also, there's no folders to merge, just 4 new folders and 4 new .txt files.
    Last edited by Dominick; September 14, 2011 at 05:34 AM.

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Names Overhaul Project (SSNOP) - Traditional Arabic names now available!

put those in ss6.3/data/campaigns/subs
    no idea why raring killed the relative path

put those in ss6.3/data/campaigns/subs
    no idea why raring killed the relative path
    WIP

It's working. Gratz

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Dominick; September 15, 2011 at 02:33 PM.

Have some rep
    Guess we need to shorten the titles...

Guess we need to shorten the titles...
    I'll take care of that, mate!

All right, v1.1 is now downloadable in the first post - the new version now contains all available set of names previously released for this mod, and should also be compatible with the first two SSMAP betas. Installation remains the same, if you don't remember then just follow the instructions in the readme file!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Names Overhaul Project (SSNOP) - v1.1 downloadable!

Fair Prince, I've dowloaded SSNOP v1.1 and have installed it with my current game under SSMAP beta 2. I'll let you know how both submods work together. So far, I can already say that SSNOP is save game compatible.

EDIT 1: For Fair Prince - SSHIP v0.8

descr_strat.txtdescr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txtdescr_regions.txt

EDIT 2: For Fair Prince & MWY - SSHIP v0.8

export_descr_unit (SSHIP stats revised).txt

Edit 3: For MWY - March 17, 2014 - SSHIP v0.8.2

data.rar
    List of Changes.txt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 17, 2014 at 08:59 AM.

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

All right, v1.1 is now downloadable in the first post - the new version now contains all available set of names previously released for this mod, and should also be compatible with the first two SSMAP betas. Installation remains the same, if you don't remember then just follow the instructions in the readme file!
    Stay your arm fair prince . Btw is this save compatible?

Cheers

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Names Overhaul Project (SSNOP) - v1.1 downloadable!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Fair Prince, I've dowloaded SSNOP v1.1 and have installed it with my current game under SSMAP beta 2. I'll let you know how both submods work together. So far, I can already say that SSNOP is save game compatible.
    Thanks mate, I appreciate your help a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Minotaur View Post
    Stay your arm fair prince . Btw is this save compatible?

Cheers
    See the post above, sir!

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

See the post above, sir!
    haha, i just got noobed
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this is for you Fair prince