Features SSNOP aims to improve the names of the in-game characters by using native and historically accurate fonts where possible, resulting in a more immersive and enjoyable gameplay.
The submod is compatible with vanilla Stainless Steel 6.4.
- Papal States characters have Latin first names but Italian surnames
- Cuman, Mongol and Timurid names are written in Anglicized forms
- Georgian and Swedish names aren't utilised in the mod as their factions are not included in Stainless Steel yet
Licensing This work can be used for any Stainless Steel submod without permission, but please credit me and the contributors for our efforts if you do that.
Modders who work on mods outside SS must request permission from me first before using any of the files.
Version history Latest release:
v1.1 (2012-Feb-25) - See the attachment below!
v1.0 Final (2011-May-01)
v1.0 Beta 3 (2011-Jan-17)
v1.0 Beta 2 (2010-Sep-27)
v1.0 Beta 1 (2010-Sep-26)
Contributors Please rep these nice fellows if you appreciate their efforts!
Arabic names: HbHadast and MehemtAli_Pasha
Danish: Meneth and Christian Goth
English: Graeme and Rozanov
French: princeps.omnis and loet66
German: Bernem and Fred Putz
Greek: Manuel I Komnenos and koultouras
Hungarian: Fair Prince
Italian: Spartan 666, Principe Alessandro and Grymloq
Italian / Sicilian: Freelancer Tex and davsim
Latin: Fair Prince
Lithuanian: Shadow_LT, Medkirtys and Darknemo2000
Mongolian: Ozzmozis and Tan Zhi Han
Portuguese: Solrac, Jamesphillip and Black Knight
Scottish Gaelic: Fair Prince and Copperknickers II
Serbian: Drachos and Mihajlo
Spanish / Aragonese: brennas
Spanish / Castilian: Bucefalo
Turkish: Ozzmozis and nuel92
Turkish / Chagatai: Babur
Turkish / Kipchak: Ozzmozis and princeps.omnis
Additional support: Geoffrey of Villehardouin
Project leader: Fair Prince
Further credit goes to:
- gracul and the SS Developer Team for making Stainless Steel 6.4
- Seether, the creator of Alberi di Famiglia Regal, for the original SS name lists
- finneys13, the creator of Characters Names Project, for numerous improved name lists