Thread: [RS 1.6a] Greek Cavalry Sub-Mod

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default [RS 1.6a] Greek Cavalry Sub-Mod

This little sub-mod makes some changes to the types of cavalry available to the GCS faction. It's for RS 1.6a. Just download the attached zip file, pick which version you want (both 0-turn and 1-turn recruitment options are included), and simply drag and drop that data folder into the main directory of your RS install and click yes to overwrite.

The list of changes:
    * Replace GCS Companion Cavalry with Bosporan Elite Noble Cavalry.
    * Give GCS access to non-elite Greek Noble Heavy Cavalry.
    * Give GCS access to Greek Light Cavalry.

Enjoy and rep if you like.

Screenies
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Don't worry, guys, you'll be killing the survivors soon enough!

The hammer awaits.

The nobles prepare to bath in blood.

Recruitment window showing all three units available to you.

What happens when you don't stick with your buddies in the line! They won't live to fight another day.

The anvil holds while the hammer strikes.

Legio V Macedonica's first cohort flees for their lives, only to die tired.

The Potato Guy's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Greek Cavalry Sub-Mod

Well i don't know about the EDU and EDB names, but Pergamum's internal name's numidia i think

Quote Originally Posted by The Potato Guy View Post
    Well i don't know about the EDU and EDB names, but Pergamum's internal name's numidia i think
    Yeah, I found that out already. Probably should have thought about checking the ownership of the city in the descr_strat before posting...

But still thanks for telling me, though.

Edit:
    Okay, the 0 Turn Recruitment option of my sub-mod is finished and ready to go, I just need to test it. But I'm having some difficulty with the 1 Turn Recruitment EDB. There seems to be a slight discrepancy. The heavy cavalry unit pictured in the 1st post isn't present on it at all.

0 Turn EDB with the unit (highlighted in red):
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;GREEK;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    recruit "greek chariot scythed" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource sel
    recruit "greek light lancer" 1 requires factions { macedon, }
    recruit "greek light cavalry" 1 requires factions { romans_julii, seleucid, romans_scipii, egypt, }
    recruit "greek cavalry" 1 requires factions { seleucid, greek_cities, numidia, romans_scipii, romans_julii, thrace, }
    recruit "greek medium cavalry" 1 requires factions { thrace, seleucid, numidia, macedon, greek_cities, romans_julii, romans_scipii, }
    recruit "ptolemaic heavy cavalry" 1 requires factions { egypt, romans_julii, romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "ptolemaic heavy cavalry" 1 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource south and not hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "ptolemaic heavy cavalry" 1 requires factions { romans_julii, } and hidden_resource greek and not hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "ptolemaic heavy cavalry" 1 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource island and not hidden_resource capitol

recruit "greek heavy cavalry" 1 requires factions { numidia, macedon, } and hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "greek heavy cavalry" 1 requires factions { numidia, } and hidden_resource perg and not hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "greek heavy cavalry" 1 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource greek and not hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "barb scythian nobles scythian" 1 requires factions { thrace, } and hidden_resource bos
    recruit "barb scythian nobles scythian" 1 requires factions { thrace, } and hidden_resource steppes and not hidden_resource bos
    recruit "barb scythian nobles scythian" 1 requires factions { thrace, } and hidden_resource capitol and not hidden_resource bos and not hidden_resource steppes
    recruit "aetolian cavalry" 1 requires factions { romans_julii, romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "aetolian cavalry" 1 requires factions { romans_julii, } and hidden_resource greek and not hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "aetolian cavalry" 1 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource sicily and not hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "greek elephant african" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and resource elephants and hidden_resource sel

1 Turn EDB without the unit.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;GREEK;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    recruit "greek chariot scythed" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource sel
    recruit "greek light lancer" 1 requires factions { macedon, }
    recruit "greek light cavalry" 1 requires factions { romans_julii, seleucid, romans_scipii, egypt, }
    recruit "greek cavalry" 1 requires factions { seleucid, greek_cities, numidia, romans_scipii, romans_julii, thrace, }
    recruit "greek medium cavalry" 1 requires factions { thrace, seleucid, numidia, macedon, greek_cities, romans_julii, romans_scipii, }
    recruit "greek heavy cavalry" 1 requires factions { numidia, macedon, } and hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "greek heavy cavalry" 1 requires factions { numidia, } and hidden_resource perg and not hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "greek heavy cavalry" 1 requires factions { macedon, } and hidden_resource greek and not hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "barb scythian nobles scythian" 1 requires factions { thrace, } and hidden_resource bos
    recruit "barb scythian nobles scythian" 1 requires factions { thrace, } and hidden_resource steppes and not hidden_resource bos
    recruit "barb scythian nobles scythian" 1 requires factions { thrace, } and hidden_resource capitol and not hidden_resource bos and not hidden_resource steppes
    recruit "aetolian cavalry" 1 requires factions { romans_julii, romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "aetolian cavalry" 1 requires factions { romans_julii, } and hidden_resource greek and not hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "aetolian cavalry" 1 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource sicily and not hidden_resource capitol
    recruit "greek elephant african" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and resource elephants and hidden_resource sel

Can anyone tell me if this is intentional or if it's a mistake of some kind?

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Just a mistake on my part.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Aside from the mistake I found, is there supposed to be any difference between the EDBs?

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Yes, many of the bonuses in the 0-turn are not present in the one turn. Use notepad++'s compare plugin on the two files and you'll see the difference.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Is this going to be a submod or is this just a question and if it is a submod please state the version it's copatible with in the opening post. Thanks.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Yeah, it's going to be a small submod. I just need to get around to fixing and testing the 1-turn EDB, which I'm going to get on right now. It'll be compatible with 1.6a.

Thanks. Updated with [1.6a] tag.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Default Re: [RS 1.6a] Greek Cavalry Sub-Mod

First post updated with zip file containing the finished sub-mod.

Good job mate. A tip would be to place some pictures showing what the mod does at the op.
    Have some rep btw.
    Last edited by apple; July 25, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
    Son of Legio

Good idea. I'll do just that.

Screenies added to first post.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Hmm,I just saw this,did not know you can do multiple entries for the same unit in the EDB??? Are there any CTDs from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    Hmm,I just saw this,did not know you can do multiple entries for the same unit in the EDB??? Are there any CTDs from this?
    I haven't experienced any. I've recruited and taken to battle each unit I made available to GCS both in campaign and custom battle with no trouble.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

I am not experienced in the set up. What are the benefits of using multi entries? I was trying to work on units based on armour(same model-with diff armour),ie clothing-normal set up,linthorax -resource silver,breastplate -resource gold,so as to seperate unit types by settlement wealth. This is a new set up though,so not sure if it would be useful to me or not?

Squid or somebody would probably have to answer that. All I did was copy/paste the Ptolemaic heavy cavalry entries from the 0-turn EDU to the 1-turn EDU where they were missing from (which Squid said was a mistake on his part) and alter faction ownership of a few units.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

thx for posting those pics spartan198, they just inspired me to try RS

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    thx for posting those pics spartan198, they just inspired me to try RS
    You're very welcome.