Thread: TROM 2 Screwed by Expansion Patch

Default TROM 2 Screwed by Expansion Patch

Looks like the patch associated with the new expansion pack has screwed the TROM 2 Mod.

I haven't even bought the Peninsula Campaign Pack yet, but ever since it was released the game crashes whenever I try to play it with the TROM 2 MOD active. So, all my campaigns in progress are now unplayable.

Thanks CA

Default Re: TROM 2 Screwed by Expansion Patch

What did you think would happen when a new patch was released....just wait until the mods are updated...seriously.

To be honest I've long since given up expecting anything from CA as far as customer service or quality is concerned. However, as you say, I'm sure eventually the modders will sort the mess out, yet again.

What would have been nice (just in case you're wondering what I mean by customer service and quality) is a simple warning.

Something like:

"Dear valued customer, we are about to upgrade your game with the latest patch. Please note that this patch will invalidate all your ongoing campaigns and will make the following dramatic changes to the way the game works which you may not find to your taste.

If you are using any MoDs or expansions to compensate for the poor design of the basic game it will also cause your game to crash repeatedly.

Do you wish to proceed with this download now? YES/NO"
    Last edited by Didz; June 28, 2010 at 02:18 AM.

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

what you want CA to update a game and make sure it works with every single mod out there before they release the patch? and so far no patches have destroyed any of my campaigns. N:TW is awesome so far and the DLC is great works 100% for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    what you want CA to update a game and make sure it works with every single mod out there before they release the patch? and so far no patches have destroyed any of my campaigns. N:TW is awesome so far and the DLC is great works 100% for me.

the complaint you're making is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    Actually, if you read my post again you will note that I never suggested that at all.

Though I do object to the fact that CA are deliberately setting out to make things as difficult as possible for modders to improve the game. The difference being quite clear between warning a customer you are about to sabotage his game, and deliberately setting out to do so.
    Last edited by Didz; June 28, 2010 at 02:22 AM.

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

I just don't get all these complaints people are spouting off about. Lost campaigns and CTDs so common its like a feature of the game and ever single patch only makes things worse. I have none of these problems at all at any point. N:TW has not crashed on me once and it has not corrupted any of my campaigns. I have only ever lost one campaign that's it no other bugs showed themselves. no crashing no freeze ups how can so many people complain about stuff i don't even experience.

Also the mod thing and how its hard to make a mod. why is it squarely CA's fault? they supported/allowed mods before right? could it somehow be related to Sega? i would like to know who really and truthfully made the choice to withhold mod tools this long before i blame a whole company and swear off an entire series like some have ,other than you it seems. I am just plain getting sick of seeing so much complaining.

Well the MOD issue is obviously directly related to the desire to make extra cash out of the game by selling DLC packs.

TheBlobThing's Avatar Semisalis

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...22#post7601922

Haven't tested it with Peninsular Campaign as I haven't bought it yet (going to the States for 14 days) but it works with the patch.
    Disclaimer:
    The above are my current opinions and are liable to change according to mood, time of day, degree of sleep deprivation endured and/or level of inebriation.

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Well I agree with they should have fixed a few things in the upgrading process. To be sure, there is an option that is suppose to be able to turn off auto updates from your STEAM account menu. BUT.... like EVERYTHING ELSE in Steam/CA associated mergers as of late .... for me and sure for others.... autoupdate on/off options.... DOESN'T WORK! Alas... it will update everytime a new patch is released for some reason. So you can't even turn off autoupdate. At least that is my experience...

Cheers!

To make sure no uwanted updates occur I recommend switching Steam to offline mode. Or unplug the internet cable I think Steam client updates screw with those options, so every time your Steam client updates it might reset them. And frankly, recently i can't even find this "keep my game up to date" option, not to mention turning it off (I suspect "Steam Cloud" option, but i'm not sure and really don't care, as it might change tomorrow).
    Regards

(post removed by me, was a year late)

OK YOU KNOW WHAT?!?!

Next time I'm gonna actually look at the dates of posts before i decide to become a necromancer and resurrect the dead threads.

MY BAD!
    Last edited by Feldspar; July 10, 2011 at 04:10 AM. Reason: I be blind