Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a call for socal!

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: a call for socal!

Huzza!
    Great to see you back mate! and good to hear things in RL are better. all the best to you.

This is still the best mod for MTW. If there is a chance for you to do PDER 2.0, it would be awesome.

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Another one glad to see you back, Socal

I've essentially retired from TW myself, but if PDER 2.0 is again a possibility...We shall see!
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Thanks to the few hard-core fans I still have left for your kind words.

I finally got my DVD drives replaced (after nearly a year) and got around to installing M2TW again...and I think I have an itch to scratch...

Warmonger_25's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post

I finally got my DVD drives replaced (after nearly a year) and got around to installing M2TW again...and I think I have an itch to scratch...
    HE LIVES!!!!

Indefinitely Banned

How could I have missed this for so long! Welcome back Socal, it's good to hear from you once again, you have been missed. It sounds as though RL has been giving you some knocks recently, but I'm glad to see you write in such a positive frame of mind and that things are going a lot better for you now.

I would urge you, nay, plead with you, to continue work on PDER, as it is still the best balanced game in Med2town.

And don't sell yourself short, the units I have seen so far for PDER 2 have been nothing short of excellent! And don't forget, the best units in the world won't make up for an indifferent campaign (as CA have found to their cost with ETW and NTW!). For me, PDER's main strength has always been it's campaign - a tough cookie, and no mistake.

In the not to distant future, my own team, RTR, will be moving across to the Med II engine, in concert with the guys from RS, to build our own Classical Era mod on it, and PDER is going to be one of my major inspirations in that task.

So, welcome back matey.

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

so there IS hope for 2.0

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

It's awesome to hear back from you, and I share the same sentiments as all others have already said; this is one of the best mods out there and I really hope to see it progress into PDER 2.

I am not sure if I will continue this mod. I hope to. The map is all but done. I have an amazing tech tree that I feel is on par with EB, if not that amazing (and not that amazing).

The main obstacle as always is the units. Ah, the units. I feel Rushichi has raised the bar, and not sure if a humble graphically challenged 35-year old attorney such as myself is up to that standard.
    I doubt any of us worry so much over the units as you do, the units you have already made are already very good and I think we're a lot more grateful to see new units than none.

But of course units can take a lot of time, and it sounds like you got a busy time going.

But luckily, some time ago, BC (AlphaDelta) granted folk permission to use his models, so that could essentially mean two new complete factions:
    - The Kypchaks
    - Khwarzem
    Also, that means you could refill the Egyptians' and Turks' rosters with BC units too!

You also got Raaka's Norwegian units from this Deus Volt submod, which look great. Perhaps asking for permission here, could also help spice up a bit on the unit department?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=225499

And of course obviously, you got the Rusichi units and the Magyar mod units, to refill the Hungarians, Novgorodians and Kievan Rus'.

I hope that adding these units could save up a bundle of work, because like the rest; I really hope PDER2 can come true. The new map you have made for it, looks already beautiful from the screens seen, and it would be a terrible shame to see it wasted.

Hope for all the best, Socal (and of course, for PDER2!). Even now, I think PDER1 stands champion over all other mods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12