Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a call for socal!

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

Default a call for socal!

Hi everybody,

just want to say to socal:
    please give us a short sign if you´re alright.
    this is not a "continue modding" thread, I´m just worried if you are ok.
    Last edited by aus-rotten; June 25, 2010 at 07:12 AM.

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: a call for social!

Not to be all rude or anything, and I hope this doesn't come off that way... but it is Socal.

There is no "i".

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Yes, please Socal give us a word. Just so we know you didn't get hit by a bus or something....
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Quote Originally Posted by Studpuffin View Post
    Not to be all rude or anything, and I hope this doesn't come off that way... but it is Socal.

There is no "i".

thats an epic fail from me... and fail with "i"
    Last edited by aus-rotten; June 26, 2010 at 03:16 AM.

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

Jimmy-j's Avatar Civis

Default Re: a call for socal!

But the intention is good and that is what mathers the most I think.

Maybe this will work...

HEY!

COME BACK!

Brewskii's Avatar Senator

making a thread like this isn't going to make him come back any quicker, he does have a life outside of TWC and it is probably keeping him quite busy.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nothing, just wanted to see if you'd open it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewskii View Post
    making a thread like this isn't going to make him come back any quicker, he does have a life outside of TWC and it is probably keeping him quite busy.
    if you read the OP of this thread you see that it is not about "Come back and finish the mod", it´s more
    "We hope you´re alright!"

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

Well Socal, I hope your OK, and if you came back know that you would be greeted with confetti, trumpets, and I would say pretty ladies (although this is TWC, so we know that would be a lie

diadok's Avatar Senator

the search says : his last post was "January 07, 2010, 09:27 AM"

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

End of an era, and another brilliant mod begins to languish...

Sad tho, that map was excellent^^.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I am still looking after it, but developing PDeR 2.0 would not be the same without Socal's input.

Well you could polish current version with a patch for UI, Unit cards and some other things, and release a submod to add new content. That way if original creator returns he can decide what to include.
    Shame that there is no work done by anyone on this for so long … while current version is still a lot of fun it’s beginning to lag behind other major mods.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Considering how long ago it got released, I would say it has kept fairly well. Right now I am busy with a German mod, but I intend to add a few things to PDeR once I am through. Through my latest work I picked up a lot on scripting, so I think I will add a few small scripts. Maybe do a few things with the map...

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

I am well. Thanks for wondering about me. I have been busy this past year or so. I have a) gotten over a failed four-year relationship b) dealt with the possibility of losing my job (which I haven't, thank heavens) c) enjoyed my newfound singlehood (if you know what I mean) and d) met a new girl I have fallen madly deeply in love with. God bless her.

I am not sure if I will continue this mod. I hope to. The map is all but done. I have an amazing tech tree that I feel is on par with EB, if not that amazing (and not that amazing).

The main obstacle as always is the units. Ah, the units. I feel Rushichi has raised the bar, and not sure if a humble graphically challenged 35-year old attorney such as myself is up to that standard.

This mod has been a blast and I am more than grateful for the support and encouragement I have received here. I have always felt that, while my mod has not always been the most popular, it has the most ardent of supporters.

And the friends I have made while modding are ones that I will always appreciate.

PDER Fans: "So Socal? Are you saying that's it? No more PDER?"
    Socal: "Never say never. I am stubborn and am wont to do what I am wont to do. And in my eye, there has yet to be an equivalent to an EB for the M2TW platform."

So if you want to help. And help, I will most likely need, PM me.

Regards to all & humbly,
    Socal_Infidel (aka Rob)

Dionisy's Avatar Civis

Dear Socal, great that you o`k. For me PDER is most interesting mod, and i eagerly wait next version. But regarding yuor post, may be you made a 1,5 version with new byzantuium roster and new units, that you showed in preview? That will be great

Vetinari's Avatar Libertus

Hi Socal!
    I am glad, that you are O.K. now. I want to thank you for such a great mod, which I still play from time to time. I wish you all the best in the future and I hope that once, maybe you will finish 2.0.

Vetinari

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Hi,

He's allright!! I can help with 2D graphics if you want - splash screens, loading screens, maps, faction icons, ancillary icons etc.
    In a couple of weeks I might be able to help with units aswell. Maybe not Rushichi-standards

BD
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

YAY!

Glad to hear that everything is going well with you Socal, particularly with your new found love. That's great to hear, I'm getting over a nasty 2 year relationship break-up myself, and I hope one day I might be as lucky as you my friend.

Regarding PDER, if you ever start up the project again than I would probably do a back flip. Everything you added into PDER I completely agreed with in terms of history and gameplay. Since then, I have been following other mods and as those mod teams announce the changes they make I always think "Damn, they should have done what Socal did with PDER!". I hope you know what I mean...

Anyway, don't fret about your units mate, I really liked all of the stuff you made. Your Byzantine roster was particularly impressive, and I have been excited for the past 2 years to see some more of your great Occitanian Toulouse units. Besides, I could never get my head around texturing so your miles ahead of me and 100s of 1000s of other Total War gamers.

I hope we hear more from you soon Socal, in PDER or in TWC in general (but hopefully PDER too! ) and I wish you all the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast