Thread: AAR Suggestions?

Icon5 AAR Suggestions?

Hey guys, I'm new to Napoleon and would like to make an AAR(My first!). I was wondering if anyone had any topic suggestions/ideas/requests that could be of use.
    Thanks, guys

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: AAR Suggestions?

Try to do something new, have a read around the current popular AARs, and then don't do anything like that.

The aim will be to grab the reader and keep him viewing, and if hes seen it done before, your less likely to get peoples interest.

So my advice would be go for a different layout, a different 'feel' and overall something that hasn't been done before in NTW AAR's, then your on to a winner.

Theres not much in way of a storyline that hasn't been done before, unless you want to completely make one up?

For instance, Liberation see's the writier freeing all of Europe from Napoleon.
    The Great War will be looking at how it was in WW1, using the WW1 mod.

So perhaps base your AAR around a mod, and bring into a greater detail the aspects of this mod people won't have seen before.

But above all like I said, I think people look forward to seeing something 'new'.

Other than that, good luck my friend and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Mitch, Your humble servant♔ View Post
    Try to do something new, have a read around the current popular AARs, and then don't do anything like that.

The aim will be to grab the reader and keep him viewing, and if hes seen it done before, your less likely to get peoples interest.

So my advice would be go for a different layout, a different 'feel' and overall something that hasn't been done before in NTW AAR's, then your on to a winner.

Theres not much in way of a storyline that hasn't been done before, unless you want to completely make one up?

For instance, Liberation see's the writier freeing all of Europe from Napoleon.
    The Great War will be looking at how it was in WW1, using the WW1 mod.

So perhaps base your AAR around a mod, and bring into a greater detail the aspects of this mod people won't have seen before.

But above all like I said, I think people look forward to seeing something 'new'.

Other than that, good luck my friend and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
    Yeah, I know what you mean it's just I can't quite think of one or even of a faction to play as! Hmm... I'm stumped. Anyway thanks for giving me a small insight my friend and I will do my best!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Flying Dutchman♔ View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean it's just I can't quite think of one or even of a faction to play as! Hmm... I'm stumped. Anyway thanks for giving me a small insight my friend and I will do my best!
    Play as Prussia! Don't forget screenshot and eventually movies. They give people that can't, don't want to or read to fast something to look at while they read.
    "I saw on the stage a woman, dressed in her maid's clothes, hearing her husband speak the tenderest words to her he had in years because he thought she was someone else. And then her voice, a soaring forgivnesss, we were all forgiven."
    -- Salieri, Amadeus
    so i tested your mod. nothing great. just give up.

Hakomar's Avatar Ordinarius

My advice is not to simply retell your AAR.
    A few AARs are just re-tellings, with no story. You know, a brief description of the battle, without any kind of personal motive/character within.
    Rest in peace, Calvin.
    (28th April, 1975 - 28th October, 2009)