Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wouldn't the Imperium eventually end anyway?

♔Charles the Bold♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Default Wouldn't the Imperium eventually end anyway?

What I mean is that (if I am correct) if Earth is Terra then the Sun is still in its Solar system, so the Sun which Terra/ Earth orbits will eventually turn into a Red Giant.

Therefore, wiping out Terra and the tomb of the emperor, this would server all overall Imperial control and completely disrupt the Imperium.

This is all speculation of course as the Imperium could already be destroyed before all this happens.

Sir Pignans's Avatar The bringer of cheese.

Default Re: Wouldn't the Imperium eventually end anyway?

Maybe in a couple of thousand years.

But they would notice. And just move.

Hell by that time they would probably have developed the technology to attach warp drives to the planet and fly away.

Now that would be awesome.
    90% of teens would die today if facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

My Political Profile.

Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Poach's Avatar Civitate

They've probably got the technology to deal with it. A sun becomes a Red Giant when it becomes very old and exhausts a supply of material in it's core (unsure which elements exactly will cause the transformation). As such, the Imperium may be firing massive quantities of the elements required to keep it a non-Red Giant into the sun, extending its lifetime by millions of years.

♔Charles the Bold♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    They've probably got the technology to deal with it. A sun becomes a Red Giant when it becomes very old and exhausts a supply of material in it's core (unsure which elements exactly will cause the transformation). As such, the Imperium may be firing massive quantities of the elements required to keep it a non-Red Giant into the sun, extending its lifetime by millions of years.
    But surely if it actually blew up then all the Warp connections to various leaders and solar systems would fail.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

May be, although I doubt Imperium can even survive until that day before overran by Chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Its the fate of all great civilisations to fall in the end.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Charles the Bold View Post
    What I mean is that (if I am correct) if Earth is Terra then the Sun is still in its Solar system, so the Sun which Terra/ Earth orbits will eventually turn into a Red Giant.

Therefore, wiping out Terra and the tomb of the emperor, this would server all overall Imperial control and completely disrupt the Imperium.

This is all speculation of course as the Imperium could already be destroyed before all this happens.
    Well currently our sun supposedly has like another 2-5 billion years before it dies. So in the 41st millenium you have about the same amount of time left in the sun's lifespan. The Imperium will long since be destroyed either by the mechanations of it's current enemies or will be destroyed by socio-political changes that occur due to the evolution of the Human race (a new Imperium will gradually evolve, not really be destroyed).

But if the sun was to go nova in a few centuries the Imperium would have plenty of time to uproot it's capital and establish it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Trust me the Imperium don't have that kind of tech.

They will simply move their capital to a new world. Remember even if a star goes nova it doesn't do it overnight. For hundreds and thousands of years before the actual event the star will undergo dramatic and easy to see changes such as swelling into a Red Giant and before that certain chemical processes occur. The Imperium will see this, and if they have good sense, move their capital to a new world. Though I don't know how they would transfer the Golden Throne and Astranomican.

But then again this is Warhammer and the Emperor holds back the darkness of Chaos (sic, ing bastard)..... So I'm sure he can use his psychic potential to hold the star together. Remember he's a Alpha Plus psyker which, theoretically, can split singularities in half, summon legions of greater daemons, and totally up the laws of physics themselves.
    Last edited by Outlawstar15a2; June 22, 2010 at 12:43 PM.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Only 38k years have passed.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Yup the world might die but we will carry on...

"Purge the Heretic"
    "Kill the mutant"

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    But then again this is Warhammer and the Emperor holds back the darkness of Chaos (sic, ing bastard)..... So I'm sure he can use his psychic potential to hold the star together. Remember he's a Alpha Plus psyker which, theoretically, can split singularities in half, summon legions of greater daemons, and totally up the laws of physics themselves.
    That only assumes that he can live that long.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    That only assumes that he can live that long.
    My Khorne brother, we shall make sure he doesn't. I don't care if I have to slaughter my way through a 1,000 Guard armies I will tear the Corpse God from his throne and wring the life from his neck.... All for the glory of Slaanesh, Khorne, Nurgle, and Tzeentch. For the glory of ALL CHAOS.

My Khorne brother, we shall make sure he doesn't. I don't care if I have to slaughter my way through a 1,000 Guard armies I will tear the Corpse God from his throne and wring the life from his neck.... All for the glory of Slaanesh, Khorne, Nurgle, and Tzeentch. For the glory of ALL CHAOS.
    I am afraid he is going to die soon before you even go near Terra.

But I can, however, enter from the basement of Emperor's palace once he is dead. I would call you when the moment has came.

You finally admit that the other gods are to be respected as well as Slaneesh?
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

For Emperor's sake! Why must all threads descend into literal Chaos! We are but one unit of one chapter! We cannot handle this insane level of taint.

I think the whole forum needs an exterminatus.

everyone on earth and mars would die long before the planet went supernova. Gamma rays would first destroy our atmosphere and kill all life in our solar system. Even if the imperium had shields against it, the sheer size of a red giant sun means that the sun will get so close to the earth to burn it to ash. No one will be living on earth or mars when the sun goes super nova...period. The earth will literally be torn apart in the suns immense gravity before it goes nova.

Last edited by Gelgoog; June 22, 2010 at 06:49 PM.

Space Wolves's Avatar Primicerius

Chaos just always seems to influence every thread made. Art imitates life.

20,284 Officers Lost in the Line of Duty as of 2010-12 this month- 124 this year
    Red: Suspect inflicted: Blue Accident
    Officer Christopher A Wilson: End of Watch 10/27/10: San Diego PD, CA
    Lt. Jose A Cordova Montaez: End of Watch 10/26/10: Pureto Rico PD
    Cpt. George Green: End of Watch 10/26/10: Oklahoma Highway PD
    Deputy Sheriff Odelle McDuffle Jr. 10/25/10: Liberty Country SD, Texas
    Officer John Abraham: End of Watch 10/25/10: Teaneck PD New Jersey
    Sgt. Timothy Prunty: End of Watch 10/24/10: Shreveport PD. Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    You finally admit that the other gods are to be respected as well as Slaneesh?
    I seek to unite all four powers in a grand Black Crusade aimed at Terra itself. I just need champions to represent Nurgle and Tzeentch and then I'm all set to kill trillions of Imperials....

Quote Originally Posted by scheuch13 View Post
    everyone on earth and mars would die long before the planet went supernova. Gamma rays would first destroy our atmosphere and kill all life in our solar system. Even if the imperium had shields against it, the sheer size of a red giant sun means that the sun will get so close to the earth to burn it to ash. No one will be living on earth or mars when the sun goes super nova...period. The earth will literally be torn apart in the suns immense gravity before it goes nova.

Terra's sun isn't large enough to go supernova. It will be a regular nova incident. Not supernova and there is a difference between the two.

Oh Jesus Chri--- oh wait! No! Blasphemy!

*Inquisitor pops off Marine's head*

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast