Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rep for info on Multiplayer Mod Communities.

Default Re: Rep for info on Multiplayer Mod Communities.

I agree. 3h 40 mins of nothing. But maybe you`ll understand this language, Sith.

I`ll challenge you to a 1vs1 on RTW + BI + M2TW + NTW. Videos will be put on youtube and shared within the accepted majority of the TW community to document your expertise and proove your point. All games played on grassy flat, competition affirmative rules and money. Best of 5 each. I`ll grant you 1 week time for preparation.

I await your answer.
    Last edited by Obi Wan Kenobi; October 18, 2010 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi View Post

I`ll challenge you to a 1vs1 on RTW + BI + M2TW + NTW. Videos will be put on youtube and shared within the accepted majority of the TW community to document your expertise and proove your point. All games played on grassy flat, competition affirmative rules and money. Best of 5 each. I`ll grant you 1 week time for preparation.

Nice, I'm looking forward to watching

and Lord Max, if it wasn't for the fact you are condescending and self absorbed (narcissistic) you'd be an alright guy. It's shame you sit on the edge of your chair waiting to hijack virtually any thread and turn it into not only an RTW praise fest, but create a debate that didn't exist.

You've previously admitted you can't afford to upgrade your machine and so I understand this plays a factor in your love of an outdated game that was a departure from what made Total War great. The reality that CA for the first time released a game with broken path-finding and broken UI commands (which were never fixed by the way), but the fact that you are still stuck on this old game doesn't give you any pot to piss in or mean that the rest of us care or don't know what we are talking about.

I'm looking forward to watching you play now so I can see for myself first hand the awesome skills of a "Total War Veteran" like never before.

Come to think of it, why not play best of 3 for both RTW 1.5 and M2 1.5?

Oh yes I forgot about 1.5, so the challenge is also valid for Kingdoms ultimatively patched.

Well to be fair you would have to play Barbarian Invasion 1.6 vs Kingdoms 1.5

Edit: I think it's 1.4 for Medieval itself.
    Last edited by Armatus; October 18, 2010 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    You've previously admitted you can't afford to upgrade your machine and so I understand this plays a factor in your love of an outdated game that was a departure from what made Total War great. The reality that CA for the first time released a game with broken path-finding and broken UI commands (which were never fixed by the way), but the fact that you are still stuck on this old game doesn't give you any pot to piss in or mean that the rest of us care or don't know what we are talking about.
    Good point. It's also one of the major disappointments for many of us fans of the TW series. That's why some of us are in an expedition to make a brand new battle engine! Wish us luck!
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Do you seriously expect me to read through all this? With your current track record of saying nothing?

No I refuse just glancing at the first few lines nothing has changed. For someone who buts into a topic and drops a personal opinion as if it's fact and then expects no one to respond has a lot of god damn nerve.

I really don't have time to debate someone who can't support his own opinions with sources, people and facts.

The very act of making such a lengthy response just shows you like having the last word on everything, this is a flaw in your personality not something any of us have to put up with.

Take a hike, you butted in with RTW is better BS and now I'm saying get lost pal.
    no i dont really expect you to do anything except shout angrily.

Quote Originally Posted by mamik_yev_konak View Post
    Because most of us here have more than one image of what certain things mean...that is, because there are at least a handful of varying perceptions on what the same concepts mean, there is no possibility for debate, only for mindless and endless <bleep>. The self-defeating and self-undermining nature of this discussion is beautifully ironic in its nature.

In case in the future, any person, player of this video game Rome: Total War or otherwise, comes across this thread...that is, if you are reading this in the future, like a time capsule, I want you, the reader, to know that this ridicule of a discussion is over a video game. Yes, that's right! Your eyes deceive you not. A video game! I rest my case.

Have a good week y'all.
    trust me if i knew i was going to get flamed at i would not even have bothered explaining why clannies think what.

Don't feed the troll it only grows uglier and uglier.
    love you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi View Post
    I agree. 3h 40 mins of nothing. But maybe you`ll understand this language, Sith.

I await your answer.
    [23:39] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: also you might want to check out a certain convo on twc where i might need some assistance
    [23:40] Plantissue: hmmm?
    [23:40] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: some dudes claiming that MTW2 requires as much skill as rome
    [23:40] Plantissue: link?
    [23:40] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: its in the MP section. the thread is called looking for MP mod communities
    [23:40] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: or something like that
    [23:41] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: its not in any game's mp just a thread in the forum that holds all the game mps
    [23:41] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: basically ive debated with em for about a week but now i will be busy with school
    [23:42] Plantissue: you better give me the link, I cannot find it
    [23:42] Plantissue: Total War Center Forums <index.php> > TW General Discussion, Resources and Multiplayer <forumdisplay.php?f=333> > Modders' Classified Ads <forumdisplay.php?f=364>

[23:42] Plantissue: ?
    [23:42] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368269
    [23:45] Plantissue: I really don't care about such things
    [23:46] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: yeah but i am having a very hard time explaining them why exactly rtw is faster and takes more skill
    [23:49] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: and apparently someone challenged me to a 1v1 as well
    [23:49] Plantissue: lol
    [23:49] Plantissue: have fun
    [23:50] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: with what? i got you and SC2 on the weekends, i got school this week, admission for exams as i said so i cant play him till like next week
    [23:50] Plantissue: I'm just watching replays
    [23:50] Plantissue: for fun
    [23:51] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: are you even listening to me
    [23:51] Plantissue: I'm not going to play games when I'm talking on xfire at the same time
    [23:51] Plantissue: Nope!
    [23:51] Plantissue: and in the weekend I'm busy this week
    [23:51] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: ... i said a Jedi challenged me to a 1v1 on rome but i cant play him till next week, what do i do?
    [23:52] Plantissue: ignore him
    [23:52] Plantissue: until you are free
    [23:52] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: he publicy challenged me
    [23:52] Plantissue: RL always more important
    [23:52] Plantissue: So?...some idiot challenged me to a sele vs Mac game
    [23:53] Plantissue: and he didn't turn up like the idiot he is and that was that
    [23:53] Plantissue: Nobody cares about such things
    [23:54] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: you have a point. he doesnt really seem like the type that would show up. mostly he just made vague starwars quotes and gave me for taking a bad army to give my opponent a chance in a game.
    [23:55] Plantissue: I mean, you can just politely tell him that you are busy until a certain date
    [23:55] Plantissue: but noone cares about such things
    [23:57] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: I wont deny that he is probably doing it because i used his own quotes against him in a debate and is trying to have a bigger E penis, but eh
    [23:57] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: whoever wins itl be on youtube apparently, which conflicts with a few directives
    [23:58] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: on one side i am ordered to destroy all jedi
    [23:58] Plantissue: Do whatever you want
    [23:58] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: on the other i have a personal code not to be on youtube whether i lose or not
    [23:58] Plantissue: Then make it so that noone is on youtube as the rules
    [23:58] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: that is vanity
    [23:59] Plantissue: yes...yes it is
    [23:59] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: and you know me long enough to know that what matters to me is killing things and not being credited for them, otherwise id be doing tournaments eh
    [23:59] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: brb toilet
    [00:01] Plantissue: We all have our points of pride
    [00:04] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: my point is that if i dont fight him, im violating a rule of my clan, but if i do fight him, ill probably win him on rome, he will probably win on medieval 2, and both games will be on youtube. now i dont want to be on youtube whether i win or lose but i dont know if he will agree or whether he will stick to his promise if he agrees
    [00:05] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: so basically or i have to pass on jedi killing or i am on youtube owning someone
    [00:05] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: either way i lose
    [00:07] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: cant it ever be simple
    [00:08] Plantissue: you don't have to be on youtube
    [00:08] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: he is not giving me much of a choice
    [00:12] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: no i dont see any solutions. even if i win every match ill be on youtube killing another player and ill still lose on moral grounds. stupid contradicting values
    [00:12] Plantissue: I don't really care
    [00:13] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: haha no advice?
    [00:13] Plantissue: My advice is do what you want
    [00:14] Plantissue: If you want to play the game, then play the game, regardless of youtube
    [00:14] Plantissue: If you don't want to, then don't
    [00:14] Plantissue: anyways, I'm playing a game with Bourneq now
    [00:15] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: What i want is to tell him to off, do my tests and enjoy my holiday. Also for mel to fix the expansion to the clan's training program so i can start training Sith players even more.
    [00:15] <Zwischen Ihnen und dem Server wurde eine hohe Latenzzeit festgestellt. Ihre letzten Nachrichten wurden möglicherweise nicht empfangen.>
    [00:16] <This user stopped playing StarCraft II>
    [00:16] <This user is now playing StarCraft II>
    [00:17] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: heck i gots nuffin to prove. ill just copy pasta this chat to the forum and go do my work. i mean im bound to run into him on RTW sooner or later so i can just play him then.
    [00:19] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: funny thing is he also asked me to play RTW BI, MTW2kingdoms and ETW with him. thats gonna be hard cause BI didnt work, and i joined in on that clan boycot of CA after MTW2 so i never bought kingdoms or ETW, and deinstalled MTW2 after i went to check if the 1.3 patch improved the game.
    [00:20] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: oh fine go do your sc2 game then
    [00:22] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: wtf warning for promoting illegal activities? omg all i said was that its not our fault if people enter their cd key as their name
    [00:31] Plantissue: lol, but they don't stop that obiwan guy from spamming all over the place
    [00:32] Plantissue: Damnit Bourneq is a total monster of a SC2 player
    [00:32] Plantissue: I feel like such a noob
    [00:32] Plantissue: First game in months
    [00:32] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: well bourneq has been playing constantly hasnt he
    [00:32] Plantissue: I pump drones and he somehow manages to get more minerals than me!
    [00:33] Plantissue: and has an army 2 times bigger!
    [00:33] Plantissue: all this in 8 minutes
    [00:33] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: yes i am aware that that obi wan guy has been trolling the rtw mp forum threads and i could probably dismiss his challenge only for that but that goes against my code of honbour
    [00:35] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: never dismissed a challenge in all my years and now i have exams and this guy is gonna get to brag that i supposedly chickened out, so in that scenario i lose. If i play against him and win everything i will get for vanity, so i lose no matter what
    [00:36] Plantissue: Do whatever you want
    [00:36] Plantissue: but isn't your exams by far more important?
    [00:36] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: there is no right answer except qualifying for exams
    [00:36] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: godverdomme
    [00:38] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: kay ill follow your advice but im quoting this entire convo there so he understands what the deal is
    [00:38] Plantissue: Whatever
    [00:38] Plantissue: Don't bring me into this if you can help it
    [00:39] Plantissue: Ah its ok, ********** and Plantissue sounds different
    [00:40] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: if i just postpone it for no reason theyll say im chickening out. look at it this way ill be able to do the tests and still play him after that without having to spend an hour explaining him why
    [00:41] Plantissue: Sure
    [00:41] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: i mean killing the jedi is important to our clan's culture but these tests are the most important ones
    [00:41] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: so yeah soz but i gotta quote
    [00:41] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: ill censor out the part where you used ur name
    [00:42] Plantissue: It's ok, I don't mind
    [00:42] Plantissue: When is your final exams?
    [00:45] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: theyre in april.
    [00:46] Plantissue: got any more questions for me?
    [00:46] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: not for today
    [00:46] Plantissue: Sure
    [00:46] Plantissue: You can always ask me about maths anytime you like btw
    [00:47] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: yes yes i know
    [00:47] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: for now i sleep
    [00:47] Plantissue: Sure
    [00:47] |Sith|9|Lord_Max: bye mate, and thanks for your help with that thingy
    [00:47] Plantissue: No problem
    that sums it up.

Nice, I'm looking forward to watching

and Lord Max, if it wasn't for the fact you are condescending and self absorbed (narcissistic) you'd be an alright guy. It's shame you sit on the edge of your chair waiting to hijack virtually any thread and turn it into not only an RTW praise fest, but create a debate that didn't exist.

I'm looking forward to watching you play now so I can see for myself first hand the awesome skills of a "Total War Veteran" like never before.

Come to think of it, why not play best of 3 for both RTW 1.5 and M2 1.5?
    No, you want me to be a narcissist, and no i did not say i cant afford to upgrade my machine anywhere. either give me one reason why MTW2 has faster gameplay than RTW or stop making irrelevant commentary.

Haha you posted a made up IM conversation.

You're still the only one here gabbing.

I'll say in far fewer words this time. Talk is cheap.

ok I'm going to bump this because I found something that I'd like to point out.

yeah but i am having a very hard time explaining them why exactly rtw is faster and takes more skill
    This right here is why RTW doesn't deserve the title of Total War, it's was a step away from what MTW had going so perfectly and M2 tried to recapture after the mp community spoke out.

I don't know who you were debating with about the speed, but it wasn't me. Maybe it was someone else, but the way you get all defensive and start tossing around claims as if they had been brought up or as if anyone gave a rat's ass, honestly amazes me. This why it's like talking to a wall, because you're basically talking to yourself.

The instance someone asks you about how you play the game oh all of a sudden it turns into "I know what I'm doing" "the game sucks".

Rolf.

The instance someone asks you about how you play the game oh all of a sudden it turns into "I know what I'm doing" "the game sucks".
    This. Great observation of a horrible human psychological phenomenon. Completely curable.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your mouth, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman.
    Oh Sith apprentice, I`m honestly dissapointed now. You chickened out the challenge. Shame... What a disgrace.
    Point prooved however. Thanks for your time.

Over
    Last edited by Obi Wan Kenobi; October 19, 2010 at 01:00 AM.

I would fight you but I dont have M2TW
    anyway rome is faster paced more complicated and more micro intensive.
    (yes I have played M2TW before)
    respect the melon!

YATS name:Aulus Claudius Ambustus
    Class: Patrician

Now that he chickened out he sends some of his clanmates (which have even less expertise) to back his illegitim claims. Hilarious.
    May the force be with you.

Over and out.

Quote Originally Posted by dacder View Post
    I would fight you but I dont have M2TW
    anyway rome is faster paced more complicated and more micro intensive.
    (yes I have played M2TW before)

That's not more complicated that's more micro management, it's simplistic Not more complicated don't you guys get it? You see RTW brought in a bunch of 1st generation RTS heads who love point and click fests.

Clicking faster than another player to make units mob really has no place in a true tactical war game that requires strategic thinking, not *L33t twitch skillz* as if the average RTW player compares with someone who plays FPS day and night... BI on the other hand while still faster paced at least reintroduced the tactical UI commands that were left broken in RTW.

You see, for all you 1st gen RTS freaks you can actually play a Total War game without having to click drag your units into place every move, or individually clicking on units because that's what Total War was (is) all about it, using tactical formations (which ironically should apply most in a game like "Rome") not a click happy crack party.

Haha you posted a made up IM conversation.

You're still the only one here gabbing.

I'll say in far fewer words this time. Talk is cheap.
    I would like to know precisely why you think a person would go into the pretence of making up a conversation?
    Smilies...the resort of those with a vacuous argument

Quote Originally Posted by Plant View Post
    I would like to know precisely why you think a person would go into the pretence of making up a conversation?
    I was giving him like he was doing to us. Nothing more, the point I was making is that he's full of talk.

That's not more complicated that's more micro management, it's simplistic Not more complicated don't you guys get it? You see RTW brought in a bunch of 1st generation RTS heads who love point and click fests.

Clicking faster than another player to make units mob really has no place in a true tactical war game that requires strategic thinking, not *L33t twitch skillz* as if the average RTW player compares with someone who plays FPS day and night... BI on the other hand while still faster paced at least reintroduced the tactical UI commands that were left broken in RTW.

You see, for all you 1st gen RTS freaks you can actually play a Total War game without having to click drag your units into place every move, or individually clicking on units because that's what Total War was (is) all about it, using tactical formations (which ironically should apply most in a game like "Rome") not a click happy crack party.
    Your argument makes no sense.

1) RTW is very very slow compared to an FPS game. Slow to the point of tedium compared with an FPS. No twitching required.

2) Rome requires you to use and apply tactical formations. In fact, discussions of Rome are all about usage of tactical formations. There's something called the alt move, which allows you to keep an entire formation facing the same direction, just like in Shogun. Also grouping, which allow group move and turning. Sounds like to me that you have no idea of how to play the game you are disparaging.

3) If a game is all about formations and no clicking, then it is akin to setting up playing pieces without any movement or playing. There would be no tactics or strategy. Your arguments that RTW has no strategic thinking could be applied just as justifiably as that of BI or MTW2 or ETW or NTW. But Strategy is found where ever there is a plan to be implemented and RTW has plenty of that.

It sounds like to me that you had some unfortunate experiences and hatred of playing FPS or even real life sports! You shouldn't try to bring this hatred into your arguments. Afterall, we all like to play tactical and stretegic games otherwise we wouldn't be here, and your hatred of "1st generation RTS heads" (what does that mean?) is odd to say the least.

Note that I'm not arguing whether or not RTW or MTW2 requires more or less skill or thinking, but that your thinking is dreadfully poor.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was giving him like he was doing to us. Nothing more, the point I was making is that he's full of talk.
    In which case, due to your own reasoning, you are just the same as, or worse than he is.
    Last edited by Plant; October 19, 2010 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Replying

You argument makes no sense.

Please don't start out this way, that's how this thread has gone so unnecessarily far off topic.

1) RTW is very very slow compared to an FPS game. Slow to the point of tedium compared with an FPS. No twitching required.

First of all did I say it did? Try understanding what you read before coming into this topic on the offensive.

2) Rome requires you to use and apply tactical formations. In fact, discussions of Rome are all about usage of tactical formations. There's something called the alt move, which allows you to keep an entire formation facing the same direction, just like in Shogun. Also grouping, which allow group move and turning. Sounds like to me that you have no idea of how to play the game you are disparaging.

For your personal information Shogun was my first game. I'm fully aware of the game mechanics. It actually it sounds to me like you have absolutely no idea where this conversation has been. You think I don't know such basic things? Well I've pointed it out many times in others discussion with this kid yet he continues to play like he's more veteran.

I'm really not interested in repeating such obvious things, however the fail with RTW was that formations break, units dis obey orders or move in the opposite direction, especially when grouped and ordered to STAY in formation... yes using alt+click etc, etc......

Please don't make assumptions about what I know based on what you haven't been told or experienced, that's how Lord Max continues to make an ass of himself by assuming he knows what's in our heads and that he automatically knows better.

I call that a personality problem, not a problem with the game.

3) If a game is all about formations and no clicking, then it is akin to setting up playing pieces without any movement or playing. There would be no tactics or strategy. Your arguments that RTW has no strategic thinking could be applied just as justifiably as that of BI or MTW2 or ETW or NTW. But Strategy is found where ever there is a plan to be implemented and RTW has plenty of that.

Yes I would agree with that, but once again you're coming into this debate because some kid untruthfully told you we were beating up on him and RTW players that's not true.

If you would read the statements Max has made you will see he's not that kind of player. If you watch videos of how most play play RTW that don't use those UI formation commands quite as often as I did in MTW or M2 for that matter, why because they break!

Now I will be willing look into the possiblity that some of these issues with the tactical orders could have been related to the system I was running at the time, however I'm pretty sure that's not the case and if I had the desire to go retest RTW 1.5 I would find the same issues.

It sounds like to me that you had some unfortunate experiences and hatred of playing FPS or even real life sports! You shouldn't try to bring this hatred into your arguments. Afterall, we all like to play tactical games otherwise we wouldn't be here, and your hatred of "1st generation RTS heads" (what does that mean?) is odd to say the least.

Note that I'm not arguing whether or not RTW or MTW2 requires more or less skill or thinking, but that your thinking is dreadfully poor.

More assumptions, please stop.

In which case, to your own reasoning, you are just the same as or worse than he is.

I like to think of it has giving him a taste of his own medicine, it's typical for him to run around talking himself up and belittling the knowledge of others, out right ignoring them building stawman armies all over the place, then goes cry wolf to his clanmate (yourself) putting false statements up so you'd come here to bail him out.
    Last edited by Armatus; October 19, 2010 at 09:46 AM.

Please don't start out this way, that's how this thread has gone so unnecessarily far off topic.
    Perhaps you should argue the points I've made as opposed to asking that I don't argue.

First of all did I say it did? Try understanding what you read before coming into this topic on the offensive.
    That appears to be the general gist of your previous post. That RTW requires you to be "click happy crack party" and other such like comments. I apologise if I have misinterpreted your previous post. Perhaps you can tell me what you really mean.

For your personal information Shogun was my first game. I'm fully aware of the game mechanics. It actually it sounds to me like you have absolutely no idea where this conversation has been. You think I don't know such basic things? Well I've pointed it out many times in others discussion with this kid yet he continues to play like he's more veteran.

I'm really not interested in repeating such obvious things, however the fail with RTW was that formations break, units dis obey orders or move in the opposite direction, especially when grouped and ordered to STAY in formation... yes using alt+click etc, etc......
    That's great! Not many people here seemed to have play Shogun before. Though that is beside what we are discussing. I suppose we can talk about how great a game Shogun was another time.

The grouping problem is simple, when ordered to attack, the formation doesn't break, but rather it prefers to attack whatever is closest at the time. I was under the impression that nobody uses grouping in multiplayer, MTW2 or RTW, simply because it is inflexible.

In RTW you don't need grouping to execute formation orders because of alt-move. Perhaps you haven't patched? Alt-move allows units to move and stay in formation in RTW.

Please don't make assumptions about what I know based on what you haven't been told or experienced, that's how Lord Max continues to make an ass of himself by assuming he knows what's in our heads and that he automatically knows better.

I call that a personality problem, not a problem with the game.
    Like I said, I'm not commenting on which requires more skill. I simply don't care. That includes the direct personality of the people making the comments. I'm just commenting on the argument wherin.
    If he is making an ass of himself by assuming he knows what's in people's heads, then you are guilty of the same.

Yes I would agree with that, but once again you're coming into this debate because some kid untruthfully told you we were beating up on him and RTW players that's not true.
    I came into this topic because this fellow posted a link form http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397374 and I was naturally curious to see what he was on about. Perhaps you should talk to him about drawing in and attracting people from the RTW subforums. I did visit this topic before but I saw that it had 4 pages already and declined to comment.

If you would read the statements Max has made you will see he's not that kind of player. If you watch videos of how most play play RTW that don't use those UI formation commands quite as often as I did in MTW or M2 for that matter, why because they break!

Actually using UI commands is a sign that you haven't quite developed into a flexible player, not a sign that you are a better player. Everything that a UI can do, a hand can do more accurately or faster, be it setting up a formation, or moving and turning, or splitting formations precisely how you desire it. Certainly, skirmishing is impossible using the UI alone.

Now I will be willing look into the possiblity that some of these issues with the tactical orders could have been related to the system I was running at the time, however I'm pretty sure that's not the case and if I had the desire to go retest RTW 1.5 I would find the same issues.
    Stop using Grouping then. Use alt move. It is detrimental to playing accurately online, both in Med2 and Rome.

More assumptions, please stop.
    Ok, but please tell me what you mean by "1st generation FPS heads". I am most curious to know.

I like to think of it has giving him a taste of his own medicine, it's typical for him to run around talking himself up and belittling the knowledge of others, out right ignoring them building stawman armies all over the place, then goes cry wolf to his clanmate (yourself) putting false statements up so you'd come here to bail him out.
    Taste of his own medicine how? He didn't fake a conversation, and in any case it is perfectly reasonable to say that Real Life gets in the way of playing games.

Btw, I am not his clanmate. We disagree on almost everything in the Rome subforum and I've only played one game with him and it was a joke game, which he particularily delights in showing a screenshot of. I am interested to know what false statements he has put up. An example perhaps Afterall, I commented on your false statements.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Summary: UI doesn't matter, Rome has Alt move. Stop using grouping to reap the benefits of flexibility. I came here because somebody else linked here.
    Last edited by Plant; October 19, 2010 at 10:30 AM.

The reason I asked you to stop is because this is taking up too much of my time going back and rehashing information I shouldn't have to. I can see how looking at the latest remarks you might think we are bashing RTW, we're not we are defending M2. Something which we really didn't even intend to do but Max drug it down that direction.

This whole debate started with me asking him some specific details on how he used one of his armies in an M2 game. I was not accusing him of anything, or even talking about RTW, but as always he's going to put RTW up on a pedestal and of course his "veteran experience" above everyone else's.

He couldn't just have a casual conversation about his use of tactics in M2, he had to start trashing it and that's where it began to snowball.

I have no beef with you, you sound reasonable. And I'm glad you mentioned the thing about group formations, that really makes sense and whether or not it's an issue for other players it is to me, because I like to group as I did in MTW, and again I must repeat that yes I do know what alt + click is to move in formation.

I'm the type of player who loved using formation maneuvers in MTW, which doesn't have the same problem was in RTW. When you move them with an alt + click they stay in formation regardless of how many groups you have. That's one of the big differences, however I'm glad that you provided an actual reason for why that act that way in RTW. And yes I did patch 1.5 the last time I played some years back, it was to specifically see if the issues still existed and they did, It was basically hit or miss using alt+click even with the entire army selected. In many cases your army would arrive only to spin around on his heels with it's flank to the enemy.

Lets be honest Max is an amazing player, or he wouldnt be a rank 9. As Sith has standards

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast