Thread: Problem with starting the mod, please help

Default Problem with starting the mod, please help

Hi,
    i installed NTF correctly using the installer. I then run the main menu using the autorun the installer created on my desktop. Then i select either europe, italy, egypt, etc..
    When i try to run the game it tells me to add the line : mod "NTF".pack; into the user script.
    I do as I am told, adding the line, save and close user script.
    Now comes the acutal problem: Suddenly a window pops up, telling me "Application load error 5:0000065434".
    I can't start the mod.
    I reinstalled it but it doesn't help, the same error appears.

I have absolutly no plan what to do, please help !

thanks

Default Re: Problem with starting the mod, please help

Go in your games data and check if the 3 mod files are copied there (they have NTF in their name). Also make sure that boot.pack has been removed from data to data\backup. If all these are o.k. then something is going wrong with your OS. Do you have a torrent game or an original?

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data ?

There is the file NTF.pack and a folder NTF . I dont have a the folder backup in data?! The boot.pack is still in data.
    So what to do?

I have the original game.
    Last edited by RegretYouMetMe; June 23, 2010 at 03:31 AM.

If you cannot see a backup folder then you have not installed the mod properly. You have to install 3.1 and then the update 3.2.

Ok, reinstalled NTF. Still same problem appears. But i now have the folder backup.

So is boot.pack out of data and inside data\backup?

Yes

I googled the error message and most of the answers are related with illegal copy of the game or/and steam issue. I also found a topic related with XP sp3. Other suggestions:

1. Clean your registry.

2. Let Steam check and fix your files.

mmm

i've the original version of the game (no torrent).

If i don't put boot.pack in backup folder and start the NTF3 mod, nothing happens. Then i put boot.pack in backup folder and started the mod from the desktop link, so i selected Italy campaign, saved the user.script as requested by the mod and, finally, tryed to run the game. After few seconds of loading, a message of error appears !

I've cleaned my registry

I've let steam check and fix my files

Nothing changes !

please help !

mmm...

i've done another registry cleaning, another cache check by Steam, uninstalled the mod, then installed it once again... now everything works fine... anyway i can't say what exactly i've done to obtain this "goal".

Excellent!

Hi,
    I came across this mod through a google search and it seems to be just what I was looking for. However after I follow the installation instructions and complete the process, I start NTF shortcut and after selecting Europe campaign; Sp All playable, I get a windows notice telling me it cannot find Napoleon.exe.

I use Vista Home premium 64 bit, and i ran the shortcut as an administrator. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you installed NTF in your game's directory ...\napoleon total faction\?

Default directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\ but if you have installed your game in a deferent path/drive you should change it when installing.

Yes, NTW is installed in the same path as the default on the installer. The .../napoleon total war/ folder includes a: data_NTF; 3_4.bim; Fix3_4; NTF_3_4, and 2 uninstall files that are not present when I uninstall the mod.

I think you've messed your installation... a little... You should have only data_NTF present there. I do not know what 3_4.bim is.

If you need FIX you have to extract it (it is compressed with 7zip) and place the included files in data_NTF\Autoplay\Docs\ replacing the existing. But use this only if you do not have the latest version of the game. Read instructions carefully.

You were correct I was installing it incorrectly, sorry for the trouble, it is now working fine! Thanks for your assistance sir.

You are welcome!

Helo
    Im trying to work Ntf with NtC when i strt it in the compatibility mod it strat goes to screen with both ntf and ntc logos and later switches out. Any solutions?
    Thanks