Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: KHARTUM mod is out for NTW!!!

I have the same problem. But I just finished reinstalling the game and now I am trying to get the mod to work.
    I really hope it works this time...

EDIT: It works!
    Last edited by ♔Oggie♔; June 24, 2010 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Oggie♔ View Post
    I have the same problem. But I just finished reinstalling the game and now I am trying to get the mod to work.
    I really hope it works this time...

EDIT: It works!

yooooooooooo Oggie, finally, I am happy for you

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Hehe, thank you old chap! It took some time, but it worked finally and I must say it looks stunning.

Lucas the Great's Avatar Civis

I have some questions:
    Are the firearms stats changed in order to represent the difference betweem the Brown Bess and the Martini-Henry Rifle?

Are the artillery animations changed - the guns used in the mod should be breech-loaded.

Hey Oggie, having the same problem you are, I followed panzerschreck's instructions but to no avail. Did the mod manager work for you?

EDIT: nevermind, shouldd have read all the pages, I'm furtively changing files in class. Will redownload and use mod manager.
    Last edited by The Juggernaut; June 24, 2010 at 10:18 AM.
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

First of all id like to say, what a great mod. However.. there are a few issues. I go into the custom battle section for a quick skirmish against the AI... expecting just to find units that were made for the mod. I dont find this, I find the vanilla units.. with the modded units hidden within. Its kinda annoying. The new 42nd foot and the york and lancaster regiments, when you click on them, all say 'Revolutionary Guard' Units names are also incorrect. Have I installed the mod wrong?

Sorry for not being able to explain it very well

James M

Quote Originally Posted by James-M View Post
    First of all id like to say, what a great mod. However.. there are a few issues. I go into the custom battle section for a quick skirmish against the AI... expecting just to find units that were made for the mod. I dont find this, I find the vanilla units.. with the modded units hidden within. Its kinda annoying. The new 42nd foot and the york and lancaster regiments, when you click on them, all say 'Revolutionary Guard' Units names are also incorrect. Have I installed the mod wrong?

Sorry for not being able to explain it very well

James M

I wrote to Kungfuserge, I expect his answer, I believe there are very very big problems with the new patch... So don't waste your time, we have to expect some solutions before...

EDIT: I have his answer: "I can't Update ; because I can't load the game with the patch4 in it : I have removed the Khartum mod from the download section as I cannot support it anymore ..... (until I will found a solution .)"

If some talentuous modder find a solution (a real one), I think it will be a great help and all the communauty would be grateful. The complexity of this mod must make the update very hard to fix.
    Last edited by panzerschreck; June 24, 2010 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    I have his answer: "I can't Update ; because I can't load the game with the patch4 in it : I have removed the Khartum mod from the download section as I cannot support it anymore ..... (until I will found a solution .)"
    Is it possible to clarify what Serge means here?

I can't work out whether this means a) that he can't load Khartum in his now updated version of N:TW, or b) if he can't get the next version of the Khartum mod to load, or c) if he needs to get back to the previous version of N:TW to continue work and can't achieve this.

Khartum still seems to work fine (the version linked to in this thread) with the Peninsular patched version of N:TW. It didn't load at first for me (CTD), but when I removed the pirates files that are included and overwrote the campaign files once again, all seems now to be working as it was before with the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Richey79 View Post
    Is it possible to clarify what Serge means here?

Khartum still seems to work fine (the version linked to in this thread) with the Peninsular patched version of N:TW. It didn't load at first for me (CTD), but when I removed the pirates files that are included and overwrote the campaign files once again, all seems now to be working as it was before with the mod.
    Kartoum is also working fine for me after the patch and DLC. The mods video is missing but apart from that its fine. The only problem is some text is missing for the peninsular campaign.
    Can those who have the ability please offer to help Kungfuserge out . This mod is way too good to disappear after just a few days. New patch means best mod ever messed up great job CAI don’t believe CA want any kind of mods being created.

It is indeed a superb Mod.. nothing like duffing up the fuzzies!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Looks pretty cool.

Looks awsome but i do i install this mod?

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dartanianx View Post
    Kartoum is also working fine for me after the patch and DLC. The mods video is missing but apart from that its fine. The only problem is some text is missing for the peninsular campaign.
    Can those who have the ability please offer to help Kungfuserge out . This mod is way too good to disappear after just a few days. New patch means best mod ever messed up great job CAI don’t believe CA want any kind of mods being created.
    HAHA. why blame CA? should they have delayed the new patch and DLC so more people could play Khartum mod? (which is great btw!) its not CA's fault that a new patch screws up a mod. in fact CA even put a list of changes up so modders would know what they would have to fix.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by klok View Post
    Looks awsome but i do i install this mod?
    I can recommend it. It is bloody splendid. Just download and follow the instructions on the OP (front page first post). It will work.

I had some problems but they were gone after I reinstalled the game. Now the mod works great. Although of course the background movie is gone after the new patch.

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dartanianx View Post
    Same here.
    Khartoum mod works, but Peninsular campaign is missing text for almost everthing and got white color for French territory instead of blue. And I got Khartoum mod music also in Peninsula campaign dunno yet how it is in main campaign.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

This mod is working fine for me apart from the video. I’m also loving it I just fought and won a battle against a massive force of Mahdists.

looks quite interesting - where does one download it?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trk View Post
    looks quite interesting - where does one download it?
    thanks

For the moment, the download is suspended, Kungfuserge is updating it. But I think it will be available soon. I will post the link of the new version.

some new screenshots:

Last edited by panzerschreck; June 25, 2010 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Oggie♔ View Post
    Although of course the background movie is gone after the new patch.
    So, we are left with a low quality, single-colour, static picture rather than Kungfuserge's awesome cinematics. Oh well, at least CA can't take the Lawrence of Arabia theme away from us.

When at first it didn't work, my reaction was 'Fuuuuuu - What is this, I don't even... .'