Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: KHARTUM mod is out for NTW!!!

Looks soo cool! Downloading and +rep to both panzercheck and Kungfuserge
    [Col] RO Citizen

MeenChawitTH's Avatar Miles

I don't get it , why didn't him change texture to ultra while taking a screenshots.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MeenChawitTH View Post
    I don't get it , why didn't him change texture to ultra while taking a screenshots.
    maybe because his pc can't handle it?

MeenChawitTH's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Oggie♔ View Post
    maybe because his pc can't handle it?
    I mean as a modder/previewers? really?

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

This mod has to be the quietest big release I've seen in a long time. We need a CSI team to track the guy down just so we can rep him! This things looks incredible. Who was that masked man??

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

K lads, I need your help.
    I've almost never used mods. Only recently I've downloaded the Great War mod (and that came with an installer!)
    So could anybody help me by teling me how to activate this mod? Of course rep shall be given.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

most non-installing mods work the same way.

You open the dl'd file. You extract the .pack file and place it into your "data" folder (in whatever TW game you are playing...hint, its in the Steam folder). Often (but not always), an addition to the user.script file is needed (this is in you apps folder under your username in you C drive). Add a line reading:

mod "EXACTWORDINGOFPACKFILEHERE, INCLUDING .PACK";

Sometimes the modder will include a little text file with the wording of this line, sometimes you have to enter it by hand.

The test is this: when you open NTW, immediately click on some menu items. If you have NO click sound, something is wrong (usually an error in the way you typed it in in the user.script file)

cheers!

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Yes, you need to go to
    c/users/YOU/appdata/roaming/thecreativeassembly/scripts and in userscript.txt add
    mod "modname.pack";
    If you dont have a user.script make a new one, its just a text doc. Make sure the encoding is UNICODE.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I've almost never used mods. Only recently I've downloaded the Great War mod (and that came with an installer!)
    So could anybody help me by teling me how to activate this mod? Of course rep shall be given.
    Wow.. Im installing it right now.

It overwrites a fair amount of vanilla files.

I advise caution or a re-install is headed your way.

Especialy with a mod that does overwrite so many files and contains so many files and folders, I would have though a readme should have been provided.

Even though I know how, others might not.

1/: download the entire mod.
    2/put the campaigns and campaign map folder in data (the one of Khartum)
    3. rename your original data folder of NTW "data1"
    4. put the data (khartum one) where you have the data of NTW (renamed "data 1")
    5. in your data folder put all the files that are in NTW data( battleterrains, patch 1,2,3 etc) never replace the original files, copy them!!!!
    6. launch the mod with mod manager (put a stick)

it works!

when you want to play to original NTW, rename data 1 in data and data of khartum data 2

hope it will help you

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Thanks chaps! + rep for all of you.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Ok, wow...

I just had my first battle, I went the British cause I thought, yeh guns slaughtering time!!

I was sadly mistaken...

This is the first battle Iv lost to the AI in a longgggggg time.. I am quite frankly speechless! What a mod!!!

I started the battle lining my infantry up nicely.

The enemy refused to move.. I started moving forward, as I do, in comes the enemy reinforcements, Im surrounded..

Im think oh crap, need to push through quickly so Im not fighting on two fronts. I move up around 2/3 of my units to engage.

They start blasting away at the enemy as they now decided to run at me. Then my guys quickly become engulfed in melee, eventualy losing out to the crazy numbers of the enemy.

I had 1/3 of my army left about 3 units of infantry, and charles gordon and his camels. The enemy now approached from all around.. jesus and just after watching the opening vid too..

I was thinking this is epic.. there is only one thing to do now.. SQUARES!!!!

I formed my 3 units into a triangle, all in square formation, put charles and his camels in the middle for protection. The enemy charged.. I held them off for a long time.

Eventualy, the battle seemed hopeless, the enemy just kept coming, and coming..

I though.. there is only one thing to do now!! Sacrifice my men to save Charles gordon! (Charles was like )

I pushed all remaining soldiers to open a gap for charles, he pushed through losing many of his own guards. As charles broke through, and escaped to safety, for the rest of my men it was hopeless.

They stayed and fought to the death surrounded by the enemies spears.

In a year of Napoleon.. my first defeat in 5 minutes of my first battle with this mod.. Epic..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

*goes back for more*

I agree with you, to win is much more difficult, when the mahdi 's armies are in melee, it's already too !late!

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Damn, I did exactly what you said Panzerschreck, only not the part with mod manager. I just edited the user.script.
    So. I did made a new Data and renamed the other data1.
    I put both files into Data + the data from data1. (I did not overwrite anything)
    I made a user.script like Josst said
    Yes, you need to go to
    c/users/YOU/appdata/roaming/thecreativeassembly/scripts and in userscript.txt add
    Quote:
    mod "modname.pack";
    If you dont have a user.script make a new one, its just a text doc. Make sure the encoding is UNICODE.
    Start NTW and I get the campaign. But when i want to start it it loads like 20% and then sends me back to the main menu.

Did I do something wrong or DO I have to use mod manager?

Sorry for being difficult.

Damn, I did exactly what you said Panzerschreck, only not the part with mod manager. I just edited the user.script.
    So. I did made a new Data and renamed the other data1.
    I put both files into Data + the data from data1. (I did not overwrite anything)
    I made a user.script like Josst said

Start NTW and I get the campaign. But when i want to start it it loads like 20% and then sends me back to the main menu.

Did I do something wrong or DO I have to use mod manager?

Sorry for being difficult.
    I really advice you to use modmanager, always better. write me if you still have problem, verify there is nothing from an other mod.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

My campaign is going great!

Right now, iv just paused a battle, I have about 400 men hold up in a house, the rest about 300 men, surrounding it facing outwards.

The enemy has like 4k troops, with reinforcments. So Im gona see how long I can hold out. Great stuff this.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    I really advice you to use modmanager, always better. write me if you still have problem, verify there is nothing from an other mod.
    K, I've downloaded it and now I'm installing everything again to be sure

I hope it works this time

I can't get it to work. The main menu is right but when i click on oriental campaign it is the standard coalition campaign. I use Toons version.
    "I saw on the stage a woman, dressed in her maid's clothes, hearing her husband speak the tenderest words to her he had in years because he thought she was someone else. And then her voice, a soaring forgivnesss, we were all forgiven."
    -- Salieri, Amadeus
    so i tested your mod. nothing great. just give up.

I guess I will play WW1 instead of a mod that doesn't work.
    "I saw on the stage a woman, dressed in her maid's clothes, hearing her husband speak the tenderest words to her he had in years because he thought she was someone else. And then her voice, a soaring forgivnesss, we were all forgiven."
    -- Salieri, Amadeus
    so i tested your mod. nothing great. just give up.

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

This sounds great! Gotta check this out pronto. How have I just found out about this sleeper mod? Now the Peninsular Campaign is being released today! Gah! Too much goodness!